Trump to declare national emergency

Horseshit...Republicans have been peddling that "one thing at a time" garbage for decades, and everything still gets worse.....This bill is certain to have so many booby traps and poison pills in it, so as to make the pittance Cheeto got to be meaningless.

Quit allowing yourself to being hustled by your own people.

Oh dear ... :auiqs.jpg:

We've been running deficits since Alexander Hamilton. I'm afraid my concern over any deficit is dwarfed by the necessity of politically destroying the clear and present danger to the United States presented by the current Democratic Party.

How does this destroy the current Democratic Party?

They stood their ground and in the end Trump settled for 23 billion less than he was offered 11 months ago.

The Dems got all they wanted in this spending bill and their supporters will be pretty darn happy about it.

Trump agreed to a massive spending bill and had to admit he could not negotiate a deal so he had to take a course of desperate action.

This will anger far more Trumpians than it will Dems.

"This" specifically does not. I did not say that it did. It merely forwards the wall and erects a middle finger to the Democrats, as are the DACA people.

As to the rest? Watch and learn.

You are far too much of a true believer. Nothing is going to change, the Dems are not going anywhere.

Then you have nothing to worry about.

Are you new to paying attention to politics in this country?

Hardly. Since 1968.

Your naivety is sort of cute and all, but really dude...pull your head out of Trump's butt and smell reality for a change.

How silly.

I am a Kinettacist. I am on MY side.

No you’re not. There is no side where Trump's policies are a positive, except Russia's. Destroying the USA is Putin's goal, and Trump is carrying out all of his bidding.

This isn't winning...He signed a bill that keeps the deficit spend-a-thon continuing unabated.

Trump's cutting way more spending than you may be aware of. :rolleyes:

I hate to give the MO away, but he distracts the leftists with a tweet or two, then goes goes and chops on a bureau. :abgg2q.jpg:

So this "national emergency" opens the door to a Democrat President issuing a national emergency on climate change (for example) in the not-too-distant future. Just a heads-up there.

This is what will continue to happen when we can't communicate like normal adults to find solutions together, and no longer expect our representatives to do the same. Just keep trying to "beat" the other "side".

Constant criminal investigations, non-stop screams of "scandal", "national emergencies", governance by executive order, on and on.

I guess everyone is okay with this.

This is all a self-inflicted wound.
And exactly how is that going to work? You can't see CO2. AGW is an unproven theory. Is the president going to tell fools like you to quit breathing and emitting CO2, ban beer, cheese, and bread?

You can prove economic impact, humanitarian issues with illegal immigration. You can't prove jack shit with AGW. It'd be easier to prove God exists.
Who cares? All that matters now is governance by Executive Order and "national emergency".

Enjoy.
Pelosi warns GOP: Next president could declare national emergency on guns
I don’t think the founding fathers would approve...
Agreed. But that's where we are. Party over country.
Feel free to elaborate more on how your party operates, and what a disappointment The Democrat Party must be to our founding fathers and men like JFK.
The Democratic Party is now under the control of the illiberal, authoritarian Regressive Left, which indeed would be a great disappointment to men like JFK.

The behaviors of the two whacked-out ends of the spectrum are so similar at this point that it would be comical if it were not so destructive.

And you thought you "had" me there.

:rolleyes:

This isn't winning...He signed a bill that keeps the deficit spend-a-thon continuing unabated.

I hate to give the MO away, but he distracts the leftists with a tweet or two, then goes goes and chops on a bureau. :abgg2q.jpg:

Spending is rising, not falling. Nothing is being chopped and best money being spent on different things.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Spending is rising, not falling. Nothing is being chopped and best money being spent on different things.

Don't stop believin'. :itsok:

Congress signed off on the bill knowing that Trump planned on declaring a national emergency at the same time. Do you wonder why Democrats and Republicans still seem equally pleased over it if it's a real win for Trump? His "national emergency" will be held up in the courts long after 2020 has come and gone.

But he will be able to tell the cultists he tried.

It opens up a can of worms. What if a future president decides that health care, global warming or gun violence is a "national emergency"?
Then the Constitution will be applied, as always.
Which means Trump is doing this just for show? If he can justify the wall, so can the other "emergencies".
Yes, he's doing this just for show. Keep the base placated. Win re-election.

He knows it will be a temporary structure, but we no longer look or think long term in this country.

Congress signed off on the bill knowing that Trump planned on declaring a national emergency at the same time. Do you wonder why Democrats and Republicans still seem equally pleased over it if it's a real win for Trump? His "national emergency" will be held up in the courts long after 2020 has come and gone.

Which of course will look very bad for dems.
Giving Trump the presidency and more time to act.
I gotta think Trump knows what he's doing since he's been kicking dem ass from the get go,I guess we'll see.

trump has proven he is incapable of working within our Constitutional system. His attempt at an unpresedented power grab will lose a large percentage of independent voters.

More importantly for the GOP....McConnell's cave on supporting a National Emergency will haunt the Repubs for years to come. This is an unparalleled effort by the Executive Branch that.....left unchallenged...will set a precedent for future Presidents....

The Courts will rule against trump and he probably knows it. He is counting on a short term win that will assure him of a long term loss....

trump has proven he is incapable of working within our Constitutional system. His attempt at an unpresedented power grab will lose a large percentage of independent voters.

More importantly for the GOP....McConnell's cave on supporting a National Emergency will haunt the Repubs for years to come. This is an unparalleled effort by the Executive Branch that.....left unchallenged...will set a precedent for future Presidents....

The Courts will rule against trump and he probably knows it. He is counting on a short term win that will assure him of a long term loss....

Yet the constitution allows the president to call for a national emergency, go figure. Guess that happens when you have a congress incapable of working...at all.

Au contraire!

He has shown exactly that he CAN work within the system.

The things he has done are all legal.

Maybe he has taken a cue from Islamists who use our laws and Constitutional protections for their own purposes.

Smart man!

MAGA

Trump seems desperate. Poor guy.

It's unfortunate that Dims are not concerned about illegal immigration. They forced his hand.
I see you forgot that repubs had the senate, house, and presidency and did nothing. Why is that?
Because the ninnyhammer democrat/communists decided to use their power to DEMAND that Robert Mueller find any little error under the disguise of the outrage that President Trump colluded with the Russians to beat the tar out of his presidential win that cost less than their Soros- and- other- billionaires' "gifts" procured to damage President Trump's reputation by any means possible, to destroy his marriage and humiliate his wife and drum his son out of school with insults from children going to school with him who were being trained to target Republican winners' children.

Maxine Waters stepped up to the plate with hiring/commandeering Democrat trainees to commit verbal warmongering against President Trump's staff who were just doing their job of helping President Trump provide for the common defense of citizens in border states. Their ranches and farmlands were being made into trash-heaps, drug repositories and targets by Coyotes bringing over masses of illegal immigrants and lucrative mind-altering substances such as heroin, cocaine, and new, undetectable and poisonous substances to send American druggies to the promised land early. They lied, cheated, and smeared Trump's staff by following them and tracking them on their cell phones after hacking into White House details one way or another.

Diane Feinstein also stepped up to the plate by fluffing liar Christine Blasey Ford who was willing to go out on a limb as a dedicated anti-Republican, pro-Democrat operative who had a will and deep-seated hatred for a former innocent acquaintance who through hard work and honest living, learned the laws so well no one could fool him, which is why he earned his way into recognition by knowledgeable jurists as the best candidate for the United States Supreme Court. This hateful dowager/Democrat operative used every theatric in the book to deliver a smooth, appealing masquerade, making herself out to be a feminine victim based on the lie Brett Kavanaugh had abused her, when he clearly had never done such a thing to any woman, because he was engrossed in scholarship. They played on his enjoyment of alcohol refreshment, also turning it into a substance for the benefit of Democrat shenanigans to make the egregious claim of a near-rape or something vaguely like it. Not one shred of evidence, and not one single witness of 4 names named by Christine Blasey Ford recalled the incident she claimed happened. In fact, they do not remember the 5 people allegedly meeting had ever met as a group in any way, shape or form, under threat of perjury, under the scrutiny of America's best jurists. All of them agreed there had to be evidence against a person to even begin to agree with the accuser. This particular accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, was known to have lectured young people at a Democrat-training-ground school on how to create a false scenario in order to obtain a desired result politically with the cloud of truth-does-not-matter when creating a scenery for getting the desired result. And Christine took home nearly a million dollars in sympathy money from Democrat donors. Some of them still believe the lie rather than face the firing-squad that truth can be when intentional lies are told to get a result.

Shame on all the Democrats there at the hearing for egging on Blasey-Ford to create her falsetto scene to destroy Brett Kavanaugh and his family from ever serving on the bench again. Fortunately, as the following week dragged on, the Democrats were heartened by all the lies, until a few good Americans saw through the plot and started talking about the cracks in all the lying that went on that night--stage tricks to curry sympathy, pathos, to seal the deal, and the crocodile tears that went with such a false-hearted perjury to obtain the DNC's goal that would result in higher-ups withdrawing the Kavanaugh nomination.

Justice was served when deception kept showing its ugly head in the form of the theatrical performance they had just witnessed. No evidence of a police report. No evidence from any witness, no recollection of any such meeting by any of the named witnesses, and evidence that Ms. Blasey-ford would do or say anything, including a beefed-up lie, to get a result for her party.

What a dismal way to call attention to date-rape. Pull up something that didn't happen and play like it did. The puerile notion Democrats had that Americans are so stupid they cannot discern the truth from a lie. Can you say ~ backfired ~ ?

It will be challenged, and Trump knows he will lose. He should be paying his private lawyers for this out of his own pocket.

Yet the constitution allows the president to call for a national emergency, go figure. Guess that happens when you have a congress incapable of working...at all.
Congress is working. It doesn't agree with the President, and that IS considered "working."

Don't stop believin'. :itsok:

I do believe...

I believe we spend far more than we bring in as a country.

I believe we added 1.48 trillion dollars to our national debt in CY18 Debt to the Penny (Daily History Search Application)

I believe spending has not gone down even 1 dollar under the current POTUS.

I believe sheep like you do not give a flying fuck about spending or the debt.

I believe sheep like you are complicit in saddling our future generations with unsustainable debt because you are a fucking freeloader.

That is what I believe...because it is all 100% fact

What, like Obama ignoring and re-writing immigration law because he can't get immigration reform passed in congress? Illegals from foreign countries are killing and raping thousands of Americans. The POTUS has a responsibility to put a stop to that. You traitors side with the illegals, thank Christ we have president Trump on our side.

Forum List

Back