Trump to win in Iowa

Wait a minute....this was your wife's idea, right? You let her talk you into this, right?

:laughing0301:

Nope, sure was not. We have been talking about moving out of the country when we retired for a few years but nothing too serious, we looked at Malta pretty closely but it was not really for us. The first 15 years of our marriage we moved a lot due to me being in the Marines and we are both traveled a lot overseas growing up. We have no close ties to any location in the US so the ex-pat life just seems a natural fit.

I had said a couple years ago that if we are stuck choosing between Trump and Biden again that it is time to get the heck out of here. One day we were sitting around talking about it with our children and my son was like "well, then quit talking about it and start looking for real" And thus I did.

My wife is an ICU nurse, when she is not working she does not even want to decide what to have for dinner as her mind is so fried from her job literally being life and death.

Thus I am the planner and the "looking ahead" side of the marriage. Once we decided we were going to do it for real I made a list of the top 5 places for us to look at and Panama came out on top by a large margin. We do not want to go to Europe as they are no better than the US. I have spreadsheets for our 401ks, pensions, SS and more to choose the best time to pull the trigger. Right now that is summer of 2029.

In about 32 days we will make our first trip there to see if it lives up to the hype. We have set up meeting with a few people we have been talking to on line as well as the local VSO.

America gets less free with each election and you are and those like you are the reason why.

MAGA is not about freedom, it is about control. But that is what people like you want, you want the Govt to make everyone think and act just like you and to keep all the non-white people from being too close to you.
Yeah, because of idiots like you.

are you talking about farmers construction, workers ect ... the backbone of America is who the left is losing .. face it lefty Trump is going to be very very hard to beat in nov ! and remember in the caucus setting many many dems voted ! and Trump must have gotten a lot of their votes .
The uneducated have less than the college educated, women, youth, and minorities.

Careful there, your yidnarness.

Gator has made dumb moves all his life. Why stop now?
I know! Leave the US because it is getting too authoritarian, to move to a country that is truly authoritarian!

That sums him up in a nutshell!

You are the one voting for it, and then blame it on people like me that do not.

Typical
Squeals the moron who wants to leave a country turning authoritarian, but moves to a country that is even MORE authoritarian.

There's stupid, and then there is you....

Squeals the moron who wants to leave a country turning authoritarian, but moves to a country that is even MORE authoritarian.

It is not MORE authoritarian.

You are wrong as usual, but at least you are consistent.

Both have the same Freedom Index score, the difference between them is the US's is going down why Panama's is improving.

Both have the same Freedom Index score, the difference between them is the US's is going down why Panama's is improving.
Sure, but to buy a gun in Panama you get to pee in a cup, undergo a psych eval, wait three months to get it and pay twice as much

Sure sounds as free as here. Add in the notoriously corrupt judicial system and you had better not piss off someone with connections.

Sure, but to buy a gun in Panama you get to pee in a cup, undergo a psych eval, wait three months to get it and pay twice as much

Sounds a lot like many states in the US. not to mention I do not plan to buy a gun there.

Oh, name one state where you have to pee in a cup and undergo a psych eval to buy one.

Go!

Right now in my state one has to apply for a FOID and that can take up to 6 months to show up. One has to sign under the penalty of law they have never used illegal drugs or have any mental issues. Legally one has to register modern sporting rifles and magazines with over 10 rounds with the state police. There is a 72 hour waiting period.

Does not really sound all that much better than Panama.

But both are mute points with me as I will never buy a gun in this state of Panama.

Right now in my state one has to apply for a FOID and that can take up to 6 months to show up. One has to sign under the penalty of law they have never used illegal drugs or have any mental issues. Legally one has to register modern sporting rifles and magazines with over 10 rounds with the state police. There is a 72 hour waiting period.

Does not really sound all that much better than Panama.

But both are mute points with me as I will never buy a gun in this state of Panama.

You had 51 other states to choose from bro, but you chose a mosquito-infested Central American country with a canal running through it. A canal might I say, that could be controlled by the CCP to cut off shipping, should we end up in a war with them. It's no secret that China has a major influence in Panama. They're putting up buildings and businesses all around the canal, even building a high-speed railway there.

You had 51 other states to choose from bro, but you chose a mosquito-infested Central American country with a canal running through it. A canal might I say, that could be controlled by the CCP to cut off shipping, should we end up in a war with them. It's no secret that China has a major influence in Panama. They're putting up buildings and businesses all around the canal, even building a high-speed railway there.
Gator would be happy in a banana republic.

You had 51 other states to choose from bro,

Gun laws are low on my priority list. I have all the guns I will ever need to own. Or I did till I lost them all in a boating accident....

but you chose a mosquito-infested Central American country with a canal running through it.

I choose a country with a diverse culture and places to live. I can live in the mountains at 4000 ft above sea level and still be to the beach in less than an hour. Or I can live in a metropolis and have all I could ever want in reach. Or I could live on the beach itself and walk down each day and get fresh fish from the local fishermen. Or over the course of 10 years I could do it all.

A canal might I say, that could be controlled by the CCP to cut off shipping, should we end up in a war with them. It's no secret that China has a major influence in Panama. They're putting up buildings and businesses all around the canal, even building a high-speed railway there.

They sure do, all those improvements are one of the reasons it is such a hot location for ex-pats from all over the world. China does not need to get into a shooting war, in fact it is the worst thing they could do for themselves.

Hey, what on earth do you Trumpsters have against living abroad? The only thing I would say is it probably is best for most ordinary Americans, especially for narrow-minded or inflexible types, to “explore the world” when they are young. If you have big money of course you can always travel on vacations so long as you are still half alive, or take cruises — but that isn’t the same at all.

Heck, old as I am, I was thinking I really should do some more traveling to exotic lands myself … maybe some place like Iowa! :cool:

I remember an upstate Republican NY farmer I met decades ago, sort of openly racist, who was a pretty cool guy otherwise, a regular deer hunter, who used his tractor to help neighbors and visitors like me when their cars went off the road or got stuck in snowstorms. It wasn’t too far from beautiful Cooperstown, where they have the Baseball Hall of Fame.

He had lived on his family farm pretty much all his life, never visited and never wanted to visit New York City. I think he had made up his mind at a young age it was just not for him, or possibly he was afraid of big cities. His little dairy farm was always in financial trouble, though, and I suspect he and his wife would have gone under decades ago if she didn’t work as a nurse at the local hospital. I’m sure he is a big Trump supporter today.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back