Trump Voters Driven by Fear of Losing Status, Not Economic Anxiety, Study Finds

OP absolutey cannot stop lying.
Lying? So..prove it with some cogent rebuttal! Oh wait, you don't have those skills, do you?

So sad.
Once again, the tactics you all employ, proven thousands of times, is to ask for proof and if the poor unsuspecting person does so, you-

1. Lie more.
2. spin and deflect.
3. Attack the person.

I stopped playing games with you scum a long time ago. Now post something like "so you got nothing."

See, from my POV, I don't even think it is even about that.

See, the thread and the study starts out with an irrelevant and flawed premise, so asking us for evidence to refute it is a fools errand.

It seeks to ask us to find evidence that Trump voters are driven by a "fear of losing status."

Yet, the folks that gave him his presidency are the same folks that put Obama in office. So if that were the case, they would have never voted for Obama. That is the margin that put either man in office. There are no, "Trump" voters, there are no, "Obama" voters. There are only Americans that choose who they think is going to be best for the nation.

The person that did this study separates folks and sees them as identity blocks first, and as people second. This person would divide and conquer the nation. They would have us at each others throats, just as we are doing in this thread.

When we interact with each other IRL, Americans are courteous and friendly with each other, generally. We don't see ourselves, or our neighbors as identities/religious folks first and as people second.

It's a bullshit premise leading to a bullshit view of reality, causing hate and animosity and shutting down folks willingness to listen and compromise.

When I was at a basketball tournament this weekend with my kid, what I saw were a whole lot of parents, mostly black and white and a few Hispanic and an Asian here and there.

The there were a lot of black and white kids there too. But they were outnumbered by another type of kid. . .

I have heard the statistics about white folks in the future no longer being a majority. When I was at this tournament, I now could see with my own eyes in the younger generation of Americans who will be the majority.

It won't be the whites.

It won't be the blacks.

It won't be the Hispanics.

It won't be the Asians or Arabs.

It is going to be the mulattoes. And they are probably going to be sick to death of all of these identity politics, for the only thing they are really going to be able to identify as, are as AMERICANS.

Bet they talked to 25 people that voted for Crooked Hillary and published this silly paper as their research project
See, this really is a perfect example of the dumbing down of Americans.nSelf-imoosed, of course.

This supposedly functioning adult is perfectly happy inventing his own, self-soothing delusions, despite the factual information being readily available to him and literally seconds away, with finding and reading it requiring barely any effort whatsoever.

Embarrassing.

I found this to affirm my personal observations....A lot of Trump voters feel that they are being replaced and disenfranchised in America--after all, isn't that what MAGA really means?

Many believe it is/was about economics--This article makes the case that it's about social displacement and a fear of being moved from the top of the pecking order:

"Ever since Donald J. Trump began his improbable political rise, many pundits have credited his appeal among white, Christian and male voters to “economic anxiety.” Hobbled by unemployment and locked out of the recovery, those voters turned out in force to send Mr. Trump, and a message, to Washington.

Or so that narrative goes.

A study published on Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences questions that explanation, the latest to suggest that Trump voters weren’t driven by anger over the past, but rather fear of what may come. White, Christian and male voters, the study suggests, turned to Mr. Trump because they felt their status was at risk.

“It’s much more of a symbolic threat that people feel,’’ said Diana C. Mutz, the author of the study and a political science and communications professor at the University of Pennsylvania, where she directs the Institute for the Study of Citizens and Politics. “It’s not a threat to their own economic well-being; it’s a threat to their group’s dominance in our country over all.”"

Her survey also assessed “social dominance orientation,” a common psychological measure of a person’s belief in hierarchy as necessary and inherent to a society. People who exhibited a growing belief in such group dominance were also more likely to move toward Mr. Trump, Dr. Mutz found, reflecting their hope that the status quo be protected.

“It used to be a pretty good deal to be a white, Christian male in America, but things have changed and I think they do feel threatened,” Dr. Mutz said.

The other surveys supported the cultural anxiety explanation, too.

For example, Trump support was linked to a belief that high-status groups, such as whites, Christians or men, faced more discrimination than low-status groups, like minorities, Muslims or women, according to Dr. Mutz’s analysis of the University of Chicago study.
So United States Citizens should be copacetic with illegal horde of dirty, sick people who come into our country taking from our children so they can be protected by Liberal Democrats and Republicans? Gee, are you really that stupid to want self imposed destruction? I guess you are.....
Well..you sure used a lot of words to say that you agree with the study. You fear being displaced.

Bullshit argument, there is nothing in the Constitution that gives the Govt the right to apply non-discrimination laws to anyone but themselves.
Nor is there anything that forbids it. And it seems that argument is not bullshit, as decided by the supreme Court.

I am curious...do you understand that you are retreading losing arguments?

The argument against the Dred Scott decision was a retread.

I found this to affirm my personal observations....A lot of Trump voters feel that they are being replaced and disenfranchised in America--after all, isn't that what MAGA really means?

Many believe it is/was about economics--This article makes the case that it's about social displacement and a fear of being moved from the top of the pecking order:

"Ever since Donald J. Trump began his improbable political rise, many pundits have credited his appeal among white, Christian and male voters to “economic anxiety.” Hobbled by unemployment and locked out of the recovery, those voters turned out in force to send Mr. Trump, and a message, to Washington.

A study published on Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences questions that explanation, the latest to suggest that Trump voters weren’t driven by anger over the past, but rather fear of what may come. White, Christian and male voters, the study suggests, turned to Mr. Trump because they felt their status was at risk.

“It’s much more of a symbolic threat that people feel,’’ said Diana C. Mutz, the author of the study and a political science and communications professor at the University of Pennsylvania, where she directs the Institute for the Study of Citizens and Politics. “It’s not a threat to their own economic well-being; it’s a threat to their group’s dominance in our country over all.”"

Her survey also assessed “social dominance orientation,” a common psychological measure of a person’s belief in hierarchy as necessary and inherent to a society. People who exhibited a growing belief in such group dominance were also more likely to move toward Mr. Trump, Dr. Mutz found, reflecting their hope that the status quo be protected.

“It used to be a pretty good deal to be a white, Christian male in America, but things have changed and I think they do feel threatened,” Dr. Mutz said.

For example, Trump support was linked to a belief that high-status groups, such as whites, Christians or men, faced more discrimination than low-status groups, like minorities, Muslims or women, according to Dr. Mutz’s analysis of the University of Chicago study.
So United States Citizens should be copacetic with illegal horde of dirty, sick people who come into our country taking from our children so they can be protected by Liberal Democrats and Republicans? Gee, are you really that stupid to want self imposed destruction? I guess you are.....
Well..you sure used a lot of words to say that you agree with the study. You fear being displaced.
My son married a Peruvian woman, yet I don't want ILLEGAL people here who don't follow the fucking law... You on the other hand are too stupid to know better, so I am done trying to convey to you, how much a tard you are...

No dummy that' not what it means at all, come here :itsok: there now go sit down and don't do a lot of talking while team Trump cleans up the Dem's mess and implements MAGA!
Not happening---but enjoy your echo chamber...

Enjoy your election losses, enjoy being the minority in charge of nothing while we control the House, Senate, White House, SCOTUS, and replace idiot liberals on the 9th circuit court. :auiqs.jpg:

The “Best & Brightest” from India replacing everyone is a good thing.
Can you imagine how many phone calls would start out with- " I can't understand you."
WTF does that have to do with Christianity, or are you contending Jesus is put off by Hindi immigration?
Trump ran on stopping the Business Visa cheap labor invasion.
And what the fuck does that have to do with Christianity and the free exercise thereof?

Lying? So..prove it with some cogent rebuttal! Oh wait, you don't have those skills, do you?

So sad.
Once again, the tactics you all employ, proven thousands of times, is to ask for proof and if the poor unsuspecting person does so, you-

1. Lie more.
2. spin and deflect.
3. Attack the person.

I stopped playing games with you scum a long time ago. Now post something like "so you got nothing."

See, the thread and the study starts out with an irrelevant and flawed premise, so asking us for evidence to refute it is a fools errand.

It seeks to ask us to find evidence that Trump voters are driven by a "fear of losing status."

Yet, the folks that gave him his presidency are the same folks that put Obama in office. So if that were the case, they would have never voted for Obama. That is the margin that put either man in office. There are no, "Trump" voters, there are no, "Obama" voters. There are only Americans that choose who they think is going to be best for the nation.

The person that did this study separates folks and sees them as identity blocks first, and as people second. This person would divide and conquer the nation. They would have us at each others throats, just as we are doing in this thread.

When we interact with each other IRL, Americans are courteous and friendly with each other, generally. We don't see ourselves, or our neighbors as identities/religious folks first and as people second.

It's a bullshit premise leading to a bullshit view of reality, causing hate and animosity and shutting down folks willingness to listen and compromise.

When I was at a basketball tournament this weekend with my kid, what I saw were a whole lot of parents, mostly black and white and a few Hispanic and an Asian here and there.

The there were a lot of black and white kids there too. But they were outnumbered by another type of kid. . .

I have heard the statistics about white folks in the future no longer being a majority. When I was at this tournament, I now could see with my own eyes in the younger generation of Americans who will be the majority.

It won't be the whites.

It won't be the blacks.

It is going to be the mulattoes. And they are probably going to be sick to death of all of these identity politics, for the only thing they are really going to be able to identify as, are as AMERICANS.
As in most studies..its validity diminishes as the context expands.

I totally agree with the 2nd half of your post...intermarriage and inevitable mixing of all the 'races' will render this question moot, in time.

You do realize that, for some on the Right, this is their worst nightmare, though? Right?

We will all be 'mud people'.

Bullshit argument, there is nothing in the Constitution that gives the Govt the right to apply non-discrimination laws to anyone but themselves.
Nor is there anything that forbids it. And it seems that argument is not bullshit, as decided by the supreme Court.

Well, the question is whether it should be a restriction on the right to contract (or not contract, as it were)
Freedom of contract - Wikipedia

(love the avatar, btw)

Can you imagine how many phone calls would start out with- " I can't understand you."
WTF does that have to do with Christianity, or are you contending Jesus is put off by Hindi immigration?
And what the fuck does that have to do with Christianity and the free exercise thereof?
What happens to your identity when you’re a 49 year old MD and Congress tells you your skills are outdated?

So sad.

1. Lie more.
2. spin and deflect.
3. Attack the person.

It won't be the whites.

It won't be the blacks.

As in most studies..its validity diminishes as the context expands.

I totally agree with the 2nd half of your post...intermarriage and inevitable mixing of all the 'races' will render this question moot, in time.

You do realize that, for some on the Right, this is their worst nightmare, though? Right?

We will all be 'mud people'.
Not when most of your children are executed in abortion clinics. You do realize that 330,000 dead babies a year, does not make a Democrat Party?

My son married a Peruvian woman, yet I don't want ILLEGAL people here who don't follow the fucking law... You on the other hand are too stupid to know better, so I am done trying to convey to you, how much a tard you are...
Your siggie is like an illustration of what goes on in your head, right?

This thread is not about illegal aliens..if it were..or if you had read me in other threads you would know that I'm against illegal immigration and would deport all..if given the magic wand. How did you somehow make this about illegal immigration..when that was not even the topic of the thread?

The displacement we are talking about is cultural....I wish your son well...his children are the wave of the future.

Your siggie is like an illustration of what goes on in your head, right?

This thread is not about illegal aliens..if it were..or if you had read me in other threads you would know that I'm against illegal immigration and would deport all..if given the magic wand. How did you somehow make this about illegal immigration..when that was not even the topic of the thread?

The displacement we are talking about is cultural....I wish your son well...his children are the wave of the future.
Look at the thread just above your last post. Without illegal invasion, the Democrats will go extinct...

Libtard Moon Bats come up with all kinds of silly ass reasons why Crooked Hillary lost.

Trump had a better message for the American people, ran a better campaign and Crooked Hillary was a hateful stupid corrupt dishonest bitch that nobody really liked.

It ain't rocket science.

Actually there is something forbids it. The Equal Protection Clause is violated by the very concept of “protected classes”, which by their very definition get more protection...and more can never be equal.

Yes, I know that the SCOTUS does not agree with me, but they choose to ignore the Constitution in the name of the “greater good”.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

What happens to your identity when you’re a 49 year old MD and Congress tells you your skills are outdated?
What does that have to with Christ?

implements MAGA!

MAGA?????....Does that stand for "My Attorney's Getting Arrested"???..........LOL

No dummy his attorney hasn't been arrested, you are lying again there's a shocker :eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:
Yet.

And Obama hasn't been caught having sex with a man...yet.

The jury is still out.
th

Forum List

Back