Trump wants to throw people in jail or take away their citizenship for burning the American flag

How low can you be when your best asset is your ability to troll as a POTUS? I think he is serious. However, he cant do anything.

Donald Trump effigies burned across England for Bonfire Night - CNN Video

12420113_G.jpg

Donald Trump: Burn the flag, go to jail - CNNPolitics.com

I think he's just trolling, but what an irresponsible statement coming from the president elect.
Why is it irresponsible? He is graphically expressing a strong objection to burning the flag. I'll bet most Americans share his feelings about it.
Why is it irresponsible? Ever heard of the first amendment?

Since when is arson speech?
Since the SCOTUS said so. Why do you ask?

BTW burning the flag is not arson. Do you know what arson means?

How low can you be when your best asset is your ability to troll as a POTUS? I think he is serious. However, he cant do anything.

You mean like Trump supporters are in your basket of deplorables?

I mean I totally agree with you on Trump. His flag burning comment is reprehensible in a free country. But I'm not a flaming hypocrite like you when I say it

I think he's just trolling, but what an irresponsible statement coming from the president elect.
Why is it irresponsible? He is graphically expressing a strong objection to burning the flag. I'll bet most Americans share his feelings about it.

Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397 (1989), was a decision by the Supreme Court of the United States that invalidated prohibitions on desecrating the American flag enforced in 48 of the 50 states. Justice William Brennan wrote for a five-justice majority in holding that the defendant Gregory Lee Johnson's act of flag burning was protected speech under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. Johnson was represented by attorneys David D. Cole and William Kunstler.

Texas v. Johnson - Wikipedia

It's a stupid comment he made that i disagree with 100 percent, no matter how much these spineless, Che Guevara t-shirt wearing cocksuckers piss me off. They absolutely have a right to be assholes in public.

Circular argument. It's only a criminal act to burn your own flag if you outlaw burning your own flag

In other words, you don't know why you think it was irresponsible.

Texas v. Johnson, 491 U.S. 397 (1989), was a decision by the Supreme Court of the United States that invalidated prohibitions on desecrating the American flag enforced in 48 of the 50 states. Justice William Brennan wrote for a five-justice majority in holding that the defendant Gregory Lee Johnson's act of flag burning was protected speech under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution. Johnson was represented by attorneys David D. Cole and William Kunstler.

Texas v. Johnson - Wikipedia
So you are saying people shouldn't be allowed to disagree with Supreme Court decisions?

Forum List

Back