Trump’s First Year Was Even Worse Than Feared

Police brutality and institutional racism are not pervasive problems in the USA of 2018.

Yes, they are pervasive problems. So here's a perfect example of why those athletes are kneeling. You are in denial about police brutality and institutional racism, and because you're in denial, you seek any justification you can to avoid admitting to reality.

You fools act as if all police are out to kill all blacks and that all businesses are out to discriminate against blacks------------------that is simply not true.

So hyperbole is your style isn't it? The fact that police kill unarmed black people regularly indicates that they are being targeted by law enforcement. The criminal penalties are wildly different for white and black drug users. Now, I don't know where you got the business thing from...just seems like you were typing so feverishly you blurted out something you didn't mean. Who said businesses are out to discriminate against black people? I mean, there is documented proof that black people are followed around in stores by personnel.

the stats say something quite different. But you want to buy the bullshit, I don't think I can make you see reality, so I will quit trying.

the stats say something quite different.

What stats are those, exactly? Because blacks are incarcerated at a higher rate than whites, and for longer sentences.

But you want to buy the bullshit, I don't think I can make you see reality, so I will quit trying.

Well, you don't just get to invent "statistics" that back up your claim without providing them. So let's see these "stats" that somehow say blacks aren't being targeted by police.

the rules for antifa, you got it. Were you at Berkley destroying public and private property to punish "the man"?

Antifa should be your default position. You defend fascists. So that makes you a fascist. Without fascists, there would be no antifa.

Antifa had another name 80 years ago: The US Army.

peaceful protest, as taught by MLK. somehow those lessons have been lost.

What happened to MLK? Oh right, he was shot by a white Christian Conservative.

And kneeling during the anthem is literally a peaceful protest. But because it triggers such insecurity in you, you hyperventilate and overreact.

the stats say something quite different.

What stats are those, exactly? Because blacks are incarcerated at a higher rate than whites, and for longer sentences.

But you want to buy the bullshit, I don't think I can make you see reality, so I will quit trying.

Well, you don't just get to invent "statistics" that back up your claim without providing them. So let's see these "stats" that somehow say blacks aren't being targeted by police.

the people who get charged and convicted of crimes are the ones committing the crimes. Sadly, a much higher percentage of blacks are committing crimes, mostly black on black crimes. Are you saying that those crimes should go unpunished?

peaceful protest, as taught by MLK. somehow those lessons have been lost.

What happened to MLK? Oh right, he was shot by a white Christian Conservative.

And kneeling during the anthem is literally a peaceful protest. But because it triggers such insecurity in you, you hyperventilate and overreact.

disrespect of the flag, the military, and the country in general is what I object to. If those young millionaires want to protest, do it on their own time, not while I am paying $100 for a seat, $10 for a beer, and $8 for a hotdog. They are there to entertain by playing a game.

Do they think they would have more opportunity or a better place in North Korea or Iran or Venezuela, or any other country?

WHAT exactly are they protesting? HOW exactly have they been discriminated against?

Obabble created only 1.2M jobs in his first four years.

Then created 10,000,000 in his next four.

AND he was handed a recession

AND he was handed a job market losing 750,000 a month

AND he had Conservatives who didn't want to recover the economy because Obama would get credit and because it would be a tacit admission the policies they supported caused the economy to be in a state where it needed recovery.

Trump will beat that in his first year.

It sure is nice when you're handed a vibrant, growing economy in a bull market that had 75+ straight months of positive job creation dating back to the month the ACA was signed into law.

Wow, he destroyed a few million high paying manufacturing, full time jobs, and replaced them with low paying, part time jobs. Great trade there!
How did President Obama “ destroy jobs.”
Your hyperbole is just plain bullshit.

Oh jeebus. ^^^ Fish in a barrel ^^^

In The Won's own words:

“If somebody wants to build a coal-fired power plant, they can. It’s just that it will bankrupt them,” Obama said, responding to a question about his cap-and-trade plan. He later added, “Under my plan … electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket.”...

Uttered in 2008, still haunting Obama

His Admin destroyed coal industry jobs, bub.
ANYone with a lick of sense knows that coal is a dying industry.
All the major countries in the world are advancing with alternative energy. This Neanderthal President thinks coal is the wave of the future. He’s dumber than shit.
When he pushed this nonsense at an energy conference in Asia all the world leaders walked out on him. He’s an embarrassment wherever he goes.
It is? Hmmm I see you have no sense

Police brutality and institutional racism are not pervasive problems in the USA of 2018.

Yes, they are pervasive problems. So here's a perfect example of why those athletes are kneeling. You are in denial about police brutality and institutional racism, and because you're in denial, you seek any justification you can to avoid admitting to reality.

You fools act as if all police are out to kill all blacks and that all businesses are out to discriminate against blacks------------------that is simply not true.

So hyperbole is your style isn't it? The fact that police kill unarmed black people regularly indicates that they are being targeted by law enforcement. The criminal penalties are wildly different for white and black drug users. Now, I don't know where you got the business thing from...just seems like you were typing so feverishly you blurted out something you didn't mean. Who said businesses are out to discriminate against black people? I mean, there is documented proof that black people are followed around in stores by personnel.

The fact that police kill unarmed black people regularly indicates that they are being targeted by law enforcement.

Regularly? Like they have a quota?

Grit your teeth. Persevere. Just a few more days and this awful, rotten, no-good, ridiculous, rancorous, sordid, disgraceful year in the civic life of our nation will be over. Here's hoping that we all — particularly special counsel Robert S. Mueller III — have a better 2018.

Many of us began 2017 with the consoling thought that the Donald Trump presidency couldn't possibly be as bad as we feared. It turned out to be worse.

Did you ever think you would hear a president use the words "very fine people" to describe participants in a torch-lit rally organized by white supremacists, neo- Nazis and the Ku Klux Klan? Did you ever think you would hear a U.S. ambassador to the United Nations thuggishly threaten that she would be "taking names" of countries that did not vote on a General Assembly resolution the way she wanted? Did you ever think the government of the world's biggest military and economic power would reject not just science but also empiricism itself, preferring to use made-up "alternative facts" as the basis for major decisions?

We knew that Trump was narcissistic and shallow, but on Inauguration Day it was possible to at least hope he was self-aware enough to understand the weight that now rested on his shoulders, and perhaps grow into the job. He did not. If anything, he has gotten worse.

Here are the reasons why:

Opinion | Trump’s first year was even worse than feared

LOL...sounds like lib language for Trump having a great year.

His Admin destroyed coal industry jobs, bub.

The number of deaths from coal mining nearly doubled in 2017.

That's directly because of Trump removing regulations.

The only ones "killing coal" are those pretending to save it.

The result is that it became a sign of disrespect toward our flag, police and military. Period.

So this is entirely your subjective judgement...one you rush to in order to avoid discussing the real reason these guys are kneeling in the first place; to bring attention to police brutality and institutional racism.

No they are bringing attention to obnoxious direspectul piss on the flag little snowflakes.

Accomplishments%202017-XL.jpg

Fewest jobs created since 2012. Depending on December jobs numbers, could end up being the fewest jobs created since 2010.

How can you get people who sit around to get a job if they don't want to work..

Well we did get rid of the 99 weekers and they managed to get a job , so I guess we could cut welfare...

Forum List

Back