Trump's main schtick ...

dblack

Diamond Member
May 21, 2011
... seems to be acting out a poor redneck fantasy of what it would be like to be rich.

Coincidentally both democrat nominees seem to be acting a liberal fantasy of what it would be like to be poor.

Coincidentally both democrat nominees seem to be acting a liberal fantasy of what it would be like to be poor.

How so?

I see people explaining what they like about Trump and they seem to be describing how he is basically behaving has they would if they were rich - at least in their fantasy version. They'd get the trophy wife, flaunt their wealth and power (You're fired!) and not put up with crap from anyone.

How do you see Bernie or Hillary fleshing out a liberal fantasy of poverty?

... seems to be acting out a poor redneck fantasy of what it would be like to be rich.

nope------not redneck-------rednecks is good, ol' boys

I didn't say they weren't. I come from a long line of them. But we're not above an appealing fantasy. Trump seems to be deliberately playing to that fantasy. I think it has more to do with his success than dog-whistle racism.

lol, being judged by these snobs who supports a party that champions the killing of the Unborn human being with abortions, has the morals of hound dogs (Billy Clinton) and here they sit calling a Republican candidate for President (Redneck) and think they will be praised for it

I didn't say they weren't. I come from a long line of them. But we're not above an appealing fantasy. Trump seems to be deliberately playing to that fantasy. I think it has more to do with his success than dog-whistle racism.

your comment is not entirely clear to me-------rich boy reaching for MORE----REACHING FOR THE STARS-----is my impression----something like "EGO-
TRIP"

It has to do with both.

BLA BLA BLA ..... BELIEVE ME !

BLA BLA BLA ..... TRUST ME !

( simpletons hump each others leg and cheer )

your comment is not entirely clear to me-------rich boy reaching for MORE----REACHING FOR THE STARS-----is my impression----something like "EGO-
TRIP"

I'm not really sure what is driving Trump himself - maybe ego, maybe it's just an ambitious practical joke. What I was talking about is why he is so appealing to people who have virtually nothing in common with him, and I think it's the caricature of an arrogant rich person that he is selling.

Working people often daydream about what it would be like to "the boss", to have the wealth and power that seems forever out of reach. I think Trump deliberately plays to that fantasy. It's something he's been doing all his career, but I think the reality-show phenomenon is what really honed this approach. He knows how to sucker the suckers and he's riding it as far as he can.

It has to do with both.

Probably. But I think writing it off as merely racism is alienating people who might otherwise come to understand how poisonous Trump's campaign really is.

lol, being judged by these snobs who supports a party that champions the killing of the Unborn human being with abortions, has the morals of hound dogs (Billy Clinton) and here they sit calling a Republican candidate for President (Redneck) and think they will be praised for it

You realize your description of what's wrong with the left is the same thing those on the right are pointing out about trump right?

Forum List

Back