🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Trump's Poll Spike Erroneous

Trump supporters were jubilant a few days ago when new poll suddenly showed Trump ahead of Hillary.....but, as it turns out.....someone skewed the polling. Too bad for Trump and his supporters....you need to work harder.

The poll of likely voters, released Tuesday by CNN/ORC, showed Trump ahead of Clinton nationwide in a four-way contest, 45 percent to 43 percent. But MSNBC host Chuck Todd explained that the poll, in his network’s estimation, may have oversampled white voters without a college degree, one of Trump’s strongest groups.

“Whites without a college degree appear to make up nearly half of their sample. In 2012, by the way, whites without a college degree was slightly more than a third of all voters,” Todd said. “The point is, your numbers may not be wrong but your weighting may be, your assumptions. So the CNN folks assumed an electorate that is not an impossible scenario for Trump, but it would be an historic shift if it occurred.”

With the numbers adjusted to reflect how the electorate shook out four years ago, Clinton’s two-point deficit shifted to a four-point lead, 46 percent to 42 percent.

The poll was conducted via landlines and cellphones from Sept. 1-4, surveying 1,001 adults with an overall margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points, including 886 registered voters and 786 likely voters.

Read more: MSNBC unskews CNN poll that showed Trump ahead
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook
MSNBC unskews CNN poll that showed Trump ahead
So it wasn't a random poll? I thought polls were just you-get-who-you-get? I'm confused.
most serious polls use data weighting for population parameters, but NOT for party affiliation.
It sounds like CNN did make random calls but didn't weight the population parameters?
Oh, hell, I don't know. Like they say, it's about the electoral votes at this point, not the popular vote, but I'm VERY afraid this is going to be a repeat of the primaries, where I watched in horrified fascination as Trump steadily and surely took the lead and won. And no one did anything.

Mrs. Clinton is too unhealthy to run for President, and if she gets elected, she might not even survive her first term.

Hahahaha....if she was able to withstand a whole day of grueling questioning from the conservative Benghazi Nazi squad, I'm sure being president will be easy as pie. On the other hand, Trump would probably explode the first day when Congress turns down his request for a Quadrillion dollar beautiful wall.

Trump supporters were jubilant a few days ago when new poll suddenly showed Trump ahead of Hillary.....but, as it turns out.....someone skewed the polling. Too bad for Trump and his supporters....you need to work harder.

The poll of likely voters, released Tuesday by CNN/ORC, showed Trump ahead of Clinton nationwide in a four-way contest, 45 percent to 43 percent. But MSNBC host Chuck Todd explained that the poll, in his network’s estimation, may have oversampled white voters without a college degree, one of Trump’s strongest groups.

“Whites without a college degree appear to make up nearly half of their sample. In 2012, by the way, whites without a college degree was slightly more than a third of all voters,” Todd said. “The point is, your numbers may not be wrong but your weighting may be, your assumptions. So the CNN folks assumed an electorate that is not an impossible scenario for Trump, but it would be an historic shift if it occurred.”

With the numbers adjusted to reflect how the electorate shook out four years ago, Clinton’s two-point deficit shifted to a four-point lead, 46 percent to 42 percent.

The poll was conducted via landlines and cellphones from Sept. 1-4, surveying 1,001 adults with an overall margin of error of plus or minus 3.5 percentage points, including 886 registered voters and 786 likely voters.

As opposed to Blacks with zero education voting for Hillary.
"Damn" that glitch in your argument.
where is the glitch? were blacks oversampled in a poll showing hillary ahead?
Why do Liberals need everything explained to them?
Follow the thread where I explain why Mertex is a racist.

you deflected, failed, and then flailed. awesome.

Mrs. Clinton is too unhealthy to run for President, and if she gets elected, she might not even survive her first term.

Hahahaha....if she was able to withstand a whole day of grueling questioning from the conservative Benghazi Nazi squad, I'm sure being president will be easy as pie. On the other hand, Trump would probably explode the first day when Congress turns down his request for a Quadrillion dollar beautiful wall.
Hillary won't even do a press conference.

Sorry, but we don't speak the Trump-cult language.

Could you try to translate your weird cult babbling into standard English? If, that is, you remember standard English.

If any of the other Trump-cultists can help you translate, they should feel free to step up.

Uh, no.

Uh, no.
you're right. it was not awesome at all. i tried to be kind. now run along.

Sorry, but we don't speak the Trump-cult language.

Could you try to translate your weird cult babbling into standard English? If, that is, you remember standard English.

If any of the other Trump-cultists can help you translate, they should feel free to step up.
I enjoy it when Progressives such as yourself expose their supidity for all to see.

Uh, no.
you're right. it was not awesome at all. i tried to be kind. now run along.
"Uh, uh, I'm a Libral and ur tupid."
What a compelling post from you.
Did it hurt whatever grey matter you have left?

Shouldn't white's who HAVE a college degree have even more reason to hate thought policer journalists?

People are such assholes.

The way things are going, Hillary will have a complete physical or mental breakdown before the election, so the polls aren't what matter now.

That would only be fair -- why should we have only one mentally-ill candidate?

Except blacks don't make up the majority of Hillary's voters.......damn, that just made it rain on your parade!
The MAJORITY of Blacks are.
That doesn't mean the majority of Hillary Clinton voters are black. Minorities make up the majority of her voters, and many are Hispanic, Muslim, Asian, etc.....but the majority of Trump voters are the uneducated whites without college degrees.

Isn't it funny that you're in a structure built by some of those "uneducated" you think you're better than?
I'm sure your comment makes sense to you....but what specific "structure" am I in that the "uneducated" built?

And, I never said I was better than the uneducated, just more educated.

The way things are going, Hillary will have a complete physical or mental breakdown before the election, so the polls aren't what matter now.

You can hope, I guess, but if she did have a breakdown, would it be as bad as the one he GOP has already had?

What should matter is, why Trump is hiding his medical reports and tax returns?

He said he'd release his returns as soon as Hillary releases the emails and her medical records. LOL He cornered her again

Hillary isn't holding any e-mails....remember....the FBI took hold of them, and she has released more medical information than necessary....but releasing tax returns is a tradition that goes back a long time.....what is Trump hiding?

He should release his tax returns because we know that his uneducated and uninformed supporters don't care if he has donated money to Russia, if he has avoided paying taxes for years and whether or not he is lying about his fortunes....so what has he got to lose?

Oh BS, get informed and then comment to me, I have no patience for loony left talking points I can readily hear on CNN or MSNBC

It appears you're the uninformed.....you meant to say "you have no comebacks to left talking points" because they disarm you, and you prefer the lies you hear on Faux News...:badgrin:

Bwahahaha.....I'm always having to educate you...so quit fantasizing.

You mean where you are delusional in your racism and deflect?

Great speech today by Trump. :clap2:

Trump promises huge boost in military spending, hike in number of active troops

Republican Donald Trump unveiled a plan to boost military spending by tens of billions of dollars on Wednesday, promising major increases in the number of active troops, Navy ships and submarines, and fighter planes as he works to convince skeptics in both parties that he's ready to lead the world's most powerful military.

The New York businessman, who has struggled at times to demonstrate a command of foreign policy, also seemed to acknowledge he does not currently have a plan to address cyber security or the Islamic State group.

If elected, Trump said he would give military leaders 30 days to formulate a plan to defeat the group, commonly known as ISIS. And he would ask the joint chiefs of staff to conduct a review of the nation's cyber defenses to determine all vulnerabilities.

Trump's address came hours before his national security acumen is tested at a "commander in chief" forum on NBC.

Trump promises huge boost in military spending, hike in number of active troops

Hillary won't even do a press conference.

Not true....she just did one....you need to keep up.

Oh, and when is Trump going to release his tax returns?

Clinton holds impromptu news conference on campaign jet

So it wasn't a random poll? I thought polls were just you-get-who-you-get? I'm confused.
The pollsters have access to the voter rolls and call people according to how they want the results to be. That's why most polls are skewed and inaccurate.

You're probably right....Hillary is probably way ahead of Dumpf.

Forum List

Back