Trump's Stock Market is Cratering

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn't really matter how the Market is doing. After all, it was at a record high when the Great Depression hit.

Say liberal, can you articulate how and why you've come to this conclusion? Or do we conclude you're desperate to criticize Trump, simply because you don't have a legitimate concern for pacifying your buttocks?
I think he was using sarcasm here. See unless you have been living under a rock, Trump has been boasting that the DOW was up x amount of points since he took office. He was the first president to emphasize that. The reason past presidents always have been weary to do that is that the market fluctuates. He wants to point out that when you take credit for positive news, one has to take credit for the negative.

At this moment, down almost 600 points since Friday.

My question is, why is Trump doing this? Who is he trying to harm?

It's adjusting like it should.
What did you think?
That it would keep climbing?
It hit it's peak at the moment and right now stock holders are also cashing in like those with 401K's..
Now is a heat time to cash in 401k's.

Say liberal, can you articulate how and why you've come to this conclusion? Or do we conclude you're desperate to criticize Trump, simply because you don't have a legitimate concern for pacifying your buttocks?
I think he was using sarcasm here. See unless you have been living under a rock, Trump has been boasting that the DOW was up x amount of points since he took office. He was the first president to emphasize that. The reason past presidents always have been weary to do that is that the market fluctuates. He wants to point out that when you take credit for positive news, one has to take credit for the negative.
/----/ Are you saying the market isn't up? And investors take profits at points causing it to fluctuate. That's why we trade options so you can protect your investments if they sell of without resorting to a trailing loss. (I'm not confusing you am I?)

It doesn't really matter how the Market is doing. After all, it was at a record high when the Great Depression hit.
/-----/ And the North Atlantic was cold when the Titanic sank. It's cold today. The market crashed for reasons that are not applicable today.
Stock prices began to decline in September and early October 1929, and on October 18 the fall began. Panic set in, and on October 24, Black Thursday, a record 12,894,650 shares were traded. Investment companies and leading bankers attempted to stabilize the market by buying up great blocks of stock, producing a moderate rally on Friday. On Monday, however, the storm broke anew, and the market went into free fall. Black Monday was followed by Black Tuesday (October 29), in which stock prices collapsed completely and 16,410,030 shares were traded on the New York Stock Exchange in a single day.

/-----/ And the North Atlantic was cold when the Titanic sank. It's cold today. The market crashed for reasons that are not applicable today.
Stock prices began to decline in September and early October 1929, and on October 18 the fall began. Panic set in, and on October 24, Black Thursday, a record 12,894,650 shares were traded. Investment companies and leading bankers attempted to stabilize the market by buying up great blocks of stock, producing a moderate rally on Friday. On Monday, however, the storm broke anew, and the market went into free fall. Black Monday was followed by Black Tuesday (October 29), in which stock prices collapsed completely and 16,410,030 shares were traded on the New York Stock Exchange in a single day.
What's to stop the same thing from happening again?

What's to stop the same thing from happening again?
/----/ I guess you down trade much if at all. You learn this in Investing 101:
The one big thing economist Robert Shiller says is preventing a 1929-like stock market crash
Unlike 1929, Shiller points out there's not much talk about people borrowing exorbitant amounts of money to buy stocks. Plus, he notes there's now more regulation.

It kind of does. See there's a problem. The market goes up and down, you're right. Ones it goes down though a government has some weapons to dull the decline. It comes down to putting money in the system. One way to do it, is to lower taxes. You give people more money to spend, this fuels the economy. The problem is you have to do this as it's going down and people have to be willing to spend it. Second way is to reduce the interest rates. This makes investing money more attractive. Problem is the interest rates are already very low, so that weapon is gone. Third way is to borrow money. Problem is most countries that can serve as lenders Trump has threatened, So that weapon is hard to use now. Fourth and most devastating is printing more money. This creates inflation and is incredibly harmful. In other words Trump has taken by his actions 2 of the 4 weapons available to reduce the effects of a recession of the table. He didn't reverse the one Obama took to combat the last recessions and he has NO good options left now. So when the market goes down at this moment it's bad.

Another fantasy by the America hating left. Where were the hypocrite left wing financial wizards when the DOW went up over 2,000 points? Even CNN cited the point drop as minor turbulence in an unrelenting rising market.

At this moment, down almost 600 points since Friday.

My question is, why is Trump doing this? Who is he trying to harm?
/----/ I thought it was Obama's Dow? BTW 2% is not cratering.
It's funny. When the Market is doing well, they give credit to Obummer. When it looks like it isn't doing so well, (IT IS DOING WELL, BTW) they blame Trump. I believe they call that a logical disconnect. I just call it stupid.
Well, it is now a year since President Pussy Grabber took office, and the whole time he has claimed that all the upsides of the market were his doing. So now he gets to claim the downside. LOL The old fool never learned when to keep his mouth shut.
You are an old fool and never keep your mouth shut. You and Donny have much in common.

Another fantasy by the America hating left. Where were the hypocrite left wing financial wizards when the DOW went up over 2,000 points? Even CNN cited the point drop as minor turbulence in an unrelenting rising market.
/----/ Libs taking to the long knives and going to the mattresses against CNN on this.

/----/ Are you saying the market isn't up? And investors take profits at points causing it to fluctuate. That's why we trade options so you can protect your investments if they sell of without resorting to a trailing loss. (I'm not confusing you am I?)
No I'm saying that it's up for now but the market goes down too. And Trump has exposed himself by taking credit for the market, this means he will have to take credit for ALL the market does, not a good idea.

And increased consumer spending can lead to inflation and an even faster rise in interest rates. This link suggests what could happen if the tax cuts lead to faster consumer spending while producers cannot expand quickly enough with more goods (AND I'd add more expensive imports, as Trump favors a weaker dollar)

And this actually would be his fault. LOL

The risks of an economic 'hard landing' are rising in the US

No I'm saying that it's up for now but the market goes down too. And Trump has exposed himself by taking credit for the market, this means he will have to take credit for ALL the market does, not a good idea.

I doubt that .. he'll deny a market downfall faster than he can say Clinton and pretend he never took any credit for record market levels.

hes a lying bitch, remember ??

/-----/ Again you don't trade much do you? The market goes up and investors take profits along the way causing the prices to go down then at a point they see bargains and step back in.
Here is a yearly chart on Amazon. Note it's not a straight line going up, but little fits and starts goes up , sells off, goes back up higher, sells off, goes higher.
AMZN Interactive Stock Chart | Amazon.com, Inc. Stock - Yahoo Finance

I doubt that .. he'll deny a market downfall faster than he can say Clinton and pretend he never took any credit for record market levels.

And his cult will do the same. We're already seeing that, right here, right in this thread...

...which was primarily my point in posting it.

/----/ that's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back