Trump's Stock Market is Cratering

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's another reason. Most Americans don't benefit from record stock market gains because they are either not invested in the stock market in any way or their investment is so small, that they hardly even notice any change in value.

Trumps has been taking credit for the booming stock market and his tremendous tax cut. Well, it's certainly been a bonanza for the Trump organization and his billionaire club that helps him run the goverment but for most Americans the market boom will be of little or no benefit and the tax cuts for the middle go away in a few years but not the cuts for Trump's billionaire club which are permanent.
dude every 401K benefits and that's more than half the country. why do you lie so fking much?
Not so. According to data from the U.S. Census Bureau, only 32% of Americans are saving for retirement in a 401(k) Even worse, 71% are under funding their retirement.
Does the Average American Have a 401(k)?
so that's little benefit? I have a different definition than you. that's 100 Million families.
Since most Americans have little or no money invested in the stock market, changes in stock prices are of little or no benefit to them. Those that see the big benefits in bull markets are the top 20% who own 92% of the stock.

The value of a booming stock market is indirect for most people. It certainly has a positive effect on the economy by increasing the overall expansion of business but most people are unaware of that.
dude, now you're just jealously spewing nonsense. LOL. you are a hopeless fk.with a crystal ball and all you see is glass.
If you have no rebuttal other than insults, there is no point in continuing this thread.

dude every 401K benefits and that's more than half the country. why do you lie so fking much?
Not so. According to data from the U.S. Census Bureau, only 32% of Americans are saving for retirement in a 401(k) Even worse, 71% are under funding their retirement.
so that's little benefit? I have a different definition than you. that's 100 Million families.
Since most Americans have little or no money invested in the stock market, changes in stock prices are of little or no benefit to them. Those that see the big benefits in bull markets are the top 20% who own 92% of the stock.

The value of a booming stock market is indirect for most people. It certainly has a positive effect on the economy by increasing the overall expansion of business but most people are unaware of that.
dude, now you're just jealously spewing nonsense. LOL. you are a hopeless fk.with a crystal ball and all you see is glass.
If you have no rebuttal other than insults, there is no point in continuing this thread.
well fk dude you think you know what 320 million people invest in. What's left to discuss? you know it all! so much you know nothing.

At this moment, down almost 600 points since Friday.

My question is, why is Trump doing this? Who is he trying to harm?

Hmmm, so either you don't understand the market or you're just trolling. Which is it? (I'm guessing the latter)

At this moment, down almost 600 points since Friday.

My question is, why is Trump doing this? Who is he trying to harm?

Hmmm, so either you don't understand the market or you're just trolling. Which is it? (I'm guessing the latter)

Since I've had NYC, rdean and some others on ignore almost back to my first sign in I was wondering what you were referring to and why? Is there some way to make the quote chain come up to avoid confusion?

I think he was using sarcasm here. See unless you have been living under a rock, Trump has been boasting that the DOW was up x amount of points since he took office. He was the first president to emphasize that. The reason past presidents always have been weary to do that is that the market fluctuates. He wants to point out that when you take credit for positive news, one has to take credit for the negative.
There's another reason. Most Americans don't benefit from record stock market gains because they are either not invested in the stock market in any way or their investment is so small, that they hardly even notice any change in value.

Trumps has been taking credit for the booming stock market and his tremendous tax cut. Well, it's certainly been a bonanza for the Trump organization and his billionaire club that helps him run the goverment but for most Americans the market boom will be of little or no benefit and the tax cuts for the middle go away in a few years but not the cuts for Trump's billionaire club which are permanent.

The value of a bull market is indirect for most people. It certainly has a positive effect on the economy by increasing the overall expansion of business but most people are unaware of that.
I think he was using sarcasm here. See unless you have been living under a rock, Trump has been boasting that the DOW was up x amount of points since he took office. He was the first president to emphasize that. The reason past presidents always have been weary to do that is that the market fluctuates. He wants to point out that when you take credit for positive news, one has to take credit for the negative.

The value of a bull market is indirect for most people. It certainly has a positive effect on the economy by increasing the overall expansion of business but most people are unaware of that.

So the wealthy invest in the stock market, yet most Americans aren't invested. Sounds like we need to imitate where the rich invest their money.

So the wealthy invest in the stock market, yet most Americans aren't invested. Sounds like we need to imitate where the rich invest their money.
I do. I'm not rich. I got me a financial adviser who I hired to get me rich.

I do. I'm not rich. I got me a financial adviser who I hired to get me rich.
and people, there are a ton of financial advisers and they are employed. That should be a flag set that they are successful at their jobs. so flopper is full of shit.

Another juvenile post from a juvenile who obviously has never owned a 401K or IRA or has never followed the stock market. The DOW is usually a jagged line upward, not a straight one. There are always episodes of retraction/loss. Look at any graph of the stock market for the last 10 years, 20 years, 100 years.

We need to do a better job of teaching personal finance to kids, something that is sadly lacking today.

We need to do a better job of teaching personal finance to kids, something that is sadly lacking today.

I doubt that is even remotely possible. Hiring a bookkeeping service is not hard to do. Nor is it hard to hire someone to get multiple fire walls to bank by computer. The NPV of different degrees was readily available back in the seventies when I was sucking up my GI Bill but most people do not.

I doubt that is even remotely possible. Hiring a bookkeeping service is not hard to do. Nor is it hard to hire someone to get multiple fire walls to bank by computer. The NPV of different degrees was readily available back in the seventies when I was sucking up my GI Bill but most people do not.

Well, point made.

I remember back in the pre-Reagan late 60s - 70s, when the stock market went down, that meant our wages had gone up along with employment, but conversely when the stock market went up, times weren't as good for us. LOL

Moral: watch the fucking bond rate for the next 12 mos.

I agree with you, our educational system for finance is horrible. We need to teach budgeting, investing, going into business for yourself. We need to let people take risks and chances on investing and business and we need a return to the small business mentality.

You don't need to know bookkeeping but you do need to read a P&L statement and understand what is going on in a business numbers wise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back