Trump's Stock Market is Cratering

Status
Not open for further replies.
so that's little benefit? I have a different definition than you. that's 100 Million families.
Since most Americans have little or no money invested in the stock market, changes in stock prices are of little or no benefit to them. Those that see the big benefits in bull markets are the top 20% who own 92% of the stock.

The value of a bull market is indirect for most people. It certainly has a positive effect on the economy by increasing the overall expansion of business but most people are unaware of that.
so that's little benefit? I have a different definition than you. that's 100 Million families.
Since most Americans have little or no money invested in the stock market, changes in stock prices are of little or no benefit to them. Those that see the big benefits in bull markets are the top 20% who own 92% of the stock.

The value of a bull market is indirect for most people. It certainly has a positive effect on the economy by increasing the overall expansion of business but most people are unaware of that.

So the wealthy invest in the stock market, yet most Americans aren't invested. Sounds like we need to imitate where the rich invest their money.
We need to do a better job of teaching personal finance to kids, something that is sadly lacking today.

I doubt that is even remotely possible. Hiring a bookkeeping service is not hard to do. Nor is it hard to hire someone to get multiple fire walls to bank by computer. The NPV of different degrees was readily available back in the seventies when I was sucking up my GI Bill but most people do not.

You don't need to know bookkeeping but you do need to read a P&L statement and understand what is going on in a business numbers wise.

So the wealthy invest in the stock market, yet most Americans aren't invested. Sounds like we need to imitate where the rich invest their money.
We need to do a better job of teaching personal finance to kids, something that is sadly lacking today.

I doubt that is even remotely possible. Hiring a bookkeeping service is not hard to do. Nor is it hard to hire someone to get multiple fire walls to bank by computer. The NPV of different degrees was readily available back in the seventies when I was sucking up my GI Bill but most people do not.

You don't need to know bookkeeping but you do need to read a P&L statement and understand what is going on in a business numbers wise.

It is to screen for that but the point is personal finance generally sucks.

Stupid/ignorant personal finance is the problem that destroys any hope of wealth.

Not so. According to data from the U.S. Census Bureau, only 32% of Americans are saving for retirement in a 401(k) Even worse, 71% are under funding their retirement.
Does the Average American Have a 401(k)?

Not so. According to data from the U.S. Census Bureau, only 32% of Americans are saving for retirement in a 401(k) Even worse, 71% are under funding their retirement.
Does the Average American Have a 401(k)?

I agree with you, our educational system for finance is horrible. We need to teach budgeting, investing, going into business for yourself. We need to let people take risks and chances on investing and business and we need a return to the small business mentality.

The financial knowledge of most kids getting out of high school today is you can spend money until your debit card is turned down and start again when your parents or an employer puts some money in your account.

I have 3 grand kids graduating from high school this year and next. I seriously doubt that any of them have ever heard of a 401K, know the difference between simple interest and compound interest, or what determines the price of a stock.

I agree with you, our educational system for finance is horrible. We need to teach budgeting, investing, going into business for yourself. We need to let people take risks and chances on investing and business and we need a return to the small business mentality.
The financial knowledge of most kids getting out of high school today is you can spend money until your debit card is turned down and start again when your parents or an employer puts some money in your account.

I have 3 grand kids graduating from high school this year and next. I seriously doubt that any of them have ever heard of a 401K, know the difference between simple interest and compound interest, or what determines the price of a stock.

Luckily "The Intelligent Investor" was part of our family's library growing up. I like SEAS a lot. The earnings suck but their ocean front properties are still listed at the prices paid 20 or more years ago. writing puts on an issue that will be liquidated means great premiums as I wait. Unhappily there are many issues with even greater margins of safety.

Luckily "The Intelligent Investor" was part of our family's library growing up. I like SEAS a lot. The earnings suck but their ocean front properties are still listed at the prices paid 20 or more years ago. writing puts on an issue that will be liquidated means great premiums as I wait. Unhappily there are many issues with even greater margins of safety.
"The Intelligent Investor" is one of best around for serious investors. It was written in 1949 and is as timely today as it was then.

/----/ I set up custodial accounts for my 4 grandkids ranging in age from 1 1/2 to 5. Each has about $10k in them so far and I add more each year. I've explained to their parents that the grandkids will gain control of the money when they graduate college and have taken at least two courses, one in financial planning and another in stock trading. As they get older I plan to teaching them as much as I can and showing them how I trade the Options market.

you aren't much of a sharer of knowledge now are you? wow.

We can always count on the stock market to inspire simplistic silliness from the wingers.
/——/ When the market started going down under Bush, Dems called for his impeachment
Why would people who tend to be borrowers complain the bond market is going down?

Do you have any clue that the Bernank urged the Fed to continue holding a large bond portfolio?

So, you and your child have failed your grandchildren. Why would you not choose to pass along your knowledge?

At this moment, down almost 600 points since Friday.

My question is, why is Trump doing this? Who is he trying to harm?
When it was setting records people like yourself were giving the credit to Obama, a little down trend and now its suddenly Trumps market.

I don't want to say "I told you so", but...

I predicted that Trump has primed the market to switch from bull to bear...though I didn't think that would happen until around July.

I still stand by my prediction that by this time next year, we will be in a recession. A recession caused by these tax-cutting, job-killing, economy-cratering policies.

When it was setting records people like yourself were giving the credit to Obama, a little down trend and now its suddenly Trumps market.

Obama had one of the longest sustained bull markets in history. One that your shitty tax cut is going to swap for a bear. So thanks for nothing, collaborator.

You’re right, and it kills me to say that. He was a fool to boast about what he was doing for the market, as if a president can actually have any significant impact on it. When we get a 5%-10% drop or more, he will be a target of blame because he asked for it, foolish!

The drop is going to be specifically because of his shitty, job-killing, economy-crashing, trickle down policy of tax cuts for the rich.

Trump primed this bull market to switch to bear. I thought it was going to happen by July, but it's looking like it'll happen much sooner.

I certainly would take some off the table. Six hundred points in a week is nothing! It was leaping up fpr so long, it'll take a day and a half to make it up. Lousy try at demeaning Trump, NY.

/----/ I thought it was Obama's Dow? BTW 2% is not cratering.

Your shit fucken tax cuts were supposed to unleash all this growth and prosperity.

100% of businesses got a tax cut, but less than 2% of workers saw any benefit.

In fact, the number of jobs this tax cut killed is pretty much the same as the number of workers who saw a "bonus" (BTW - bonuses are taxed at 25%, yet corporate profits are taxed at 22% - Way. To. Go.)

Just fucken eat some Tide Pods and be done with it already. You parasite.

/----/ I thought it was Obama's Dow? BTW 2% is not cratering.

Your shit fucken tax cuts were supposed to unleash all this growth and prosperity.

100% of businesses got a tax cut, but less than 2% of workers saw any benefit.

In fact, the number of jobs this tax cut killed is pretty much the same as the number of workers who saw a "bonus" (BTW - bonuses are taxed at 25%, yet corporate profits are taxed at 22% - Way. To. Go.)

Just fucken eat some Tide Pods and be done with it already. You parasite.[/QUOTE
/—-/ link to prove only 2% got any benefit. Put up or shut up.

I certainly would take some off the table. Six hundred points in a week is nothing! It was leaping up fpr so long, it'll take a day and a half to make it up. Lousy try at demeaning Trump, NY.

So is Trump responsible for market movements or not?

So is Trump responsible for market movements or not?
Most likely. Those that took some off the table (likely to invest elsewhere) are counting the profits and bowing to our great president! Making America Great Again!

link to prove only 2% got any benefit. Put up or shut up.

So this is collaborator code for "I can't believe that what I support is such a piece of shit that I am going to deny everything I am told until I find something, anything I can catch onto to use as a red herring to avoid admitting I'm such a gullible piece of shit".

It's fine, though. I'm happy to make fools of these collaborators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back