Trumps travel ban. Times up

Trumps Travel ban has been explained as a 90 day moratorium on travel from a handful of countries so that extreme vetting measures can be established.

Although the travel restrictions have been blocked by the courts there have been no restrictions to prevent him from improving our vetting measures. Had the ban not been blocked, the 90 day period would have long expired. So what does he have to show for it from a vetting standpoint?

Is he really trying to improve vetting or is he just trying to block people from traveling here and gain a political victory to a hateful base?

Please help me understand Trumps goals in relation to the 90 day timeframe and extreme vetting initiatives.
I am not hateful and i resent you saying any different based on nothing more than a difference of opinion you may have with me.

I voted for Trump and I supported temporarily limiting travel until they could adapt a more effective screening process.

With that said, your asking a fair question that i hope someone can answer. Ild like to know what steps have been taken

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
I don't think you are hateful just for supporting Trump or the travel ban, I wasn't implying that. I was speaking to the people like Miketx and others that don't want any Muslims In this country. Concerns over our safety are very real and fair, so I'd like to see solutions. The 90 day travel ban as I understood it was so they could make vetting better, so I'm just trying to find out what they have done
-------------------------------------- no one asked me but in response , I'm not concerned with my safety . I see islam as being destructive to Western values simply when muslims are able to vote plus there are other considerations but voting by muslims is a problem Slade .
You are entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. Though I don't agree with many of the conservative values taught in Islam, I still respect many of its lessons but more importantly I respect the first amendment of our constitution and our citizens rights to freely practice their religion

Terror attacks on London hello, Trump got it right again and the left has been proven WRONG. That's why those idiots keep losing elections, they side with terrorists.

I've said it before , existing muslims in the USA should be left alone to be Americans . BUT , I see no problem with excluding any foreigner from the USA based on any reason including religion . I think that TRUMP exclusion or vetting , travel ban or whatever it is is Legal and like I said , excluding muslims is legally fine imo . As said by some , if mrobama had issued the travel ban it would have been be legal . These lefty judges are using Trumps words before he was elected President as reason to nullify Trumps order Slade .

Muslims - We want to KILL Americans

Liberals - We welcome you, just remember after you are done killing Americans vote Dem.

Trumps Travel ban has been explained as a 90 day moratorium on travel from a handful of countries so that extreme vetting measures can be established.

Although the travel restrictions have been blocked by the courts there have been no restrictions to prevent him from improving our vetting measures. Had the ban not been blocked, the 90 day period would have long expired. So what does he have to show for it from a vetting standpoint?

Is he really trying to improve vetting or is he just trying to block people from traveling here and gain a political victory to a hateful base?

Please help me understand Trumps goals in relation to the 90 day timeframe and extreme vetting initiatives.
I am not hateful and i resent you saying any different based on nothing more than a difference of opinion you may have with me.

I voted for Trump and I supported temporarily limiting travel until they could adapt a more effective screening process.

With that said, your asking a fair question that i hope someone can answer. Ild like to know what steps have been taken

I don't think you are hateful just for supporting Trump or the travel ban, I wasn't implying that. I was speaking to the people like Miketx and others that don't want any Muslims In this country. Concerns over our safety are very real and fair, so I'd like to see solutions. The 90 day travel ban as I understood it was so they could make vetting better, so I'm just trying to find out what they have done
-------------------------------------- no one asked me but in response , I'm not concerned with my safety . I see islam as being destructive to Western values simply when muslims are able to vote plus there are other considerations but voting by muslims is a problem Slade .
You are entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. Though I don't agree with many of the conservative values taught in Islam, I still respect many of its lessons but more importantly I respect the first amendment of our constitution and our citizens rights to freely practice their religion
------------------------ and they aren't CONSERVATIVE values , they are muslim values and these muslim values are incompatible with USA and Western values Slade !!

or is he just trying to block people from traveling here and gain a political victory to a hateful base?

Nailed it right there. Trump will pick his ego over America every time, and his base of inbreds are happy to stroke it.

The UK is a target right now because it is too soft on lslamic terrorism. There is probably a correlation between origins and travels of the terrorists and US Travel banned countries. You people insist on making this a 100 percent Muslim ban which is false. The truth is, the travel bannec countries are fertile hot beds for Islamo extremist terror and present a threat to the West. Stop perpetuating the lie that this is an outright ban on Muslims.

Better yet, ask the Democrats to run on removing Obama's travel ban that Trump approved and is continuing. See how far that gets you.

I will explain this for you Slade---------->

It is now a political question of the Commander and Chiefs powers. So much has been made from both sides, that he can, or can NOT do this, the question needs answered. The constitution says he can. The lower courts claim he can NOT.

And so, now it is time to answer the political question, which will surely have ramifications down the road.

Do I know which side is going to win? Nope! Although, I believe it will be 7 to 2 in favor of the President, but I have seen stranger things happen if he was to lose.

Point is------>will the Supreme Court uphold what scholars say are his constitutional powers, or not? If not, the left may very well be correct, and he will resign, or not run for re-election. In my book, this is a watershed moment..........not for illegal immigration, not for his authority under the constitution to prevent ANY persons he so chooses to immigrate to this country..........but rather, how close the Supreme Court is going to enforce the constitution, thus his ability to govern!

Since we are not in a state of declared war, his role as Commander in Chief has no bearing on the EOs.

If we were in declared war, Trump has that power, period.

This now is rightfully for SCOTUS.

------------------------ and they aren't CONSERVATIVE values , they are muslim values and these muslim values are incompatible with USA and Western values Slade !!

Pismoe's comments were used against Catholics, Poles, Mormons, Irish, African Americans, Mexicans, and others in our history. The 1st protects all Muslims legally in this country. They can travel to and from other countries freely.

As long as Trump is EOing countries and not religions, I support him.

After the latest Muzzie terror attack in London, that 90 days now extends out to "Indefinitely" - until we say so... a 5-4 SCOTUS should help with that.
Interesting. So you think the 90 days was to get the ball rolling on an indefinite travel ban. I think that is what the liberals are seeing as his motive here and why it is being blocked by the courts. Extreme vetting means no entry, I think you are on to something.
Yep.

I support it, mind you; I think Islam at-large is the last global Warrior Religion; inherently and irredeemably hostile to The West; water & oil; best we remain separated, over time.

That said, I have no problem with the idea of speculating that Drumpf's stupidly and clumsily -executed 90-day ban on SOME Muslim countries is merely the tip of the iceberg.

If that's the true behind-the-scenes motive, then, for once, and in this very narrow context, he's on to something; it's just that he can't execute in Washington worth $hit.

And that's all on him - his deficiencies and ignorance and arrogance - and not a reflection on The System.

Last edited:

This is some kind of Left talking point that stems from ignorance of the Court decision. The Admin was enjoined from WORKING on or implementing the travel ban. There IS no "clock running"..

After the latest Muzzie terror attack in London, that 90 days now extends out to "Indefinitely" - until we say so... a 5-4 SCOTUS should help with that.
Interesting. So you think the 90 days was to get the ball rolling on an indefinite travel ban. I think that is what the liberals are seeing as his motive here and why it is being blocked by the courts. Extreme vetting means no entry, I think you are on to something.
------------------------------- hope so , also hope that Trump gets his favorable ruling , lets get that ball rolling . As I have often asked , why are any more or any muslim imports needed in the USA Slade .
We are a country of equal opportunity, always have been. If somebody wants to live here, work here, and achieve success then this is the place where they can do it. That's the spirit of America.
Yep...

That has, indeed, been the Spirit of America...

But even the most welcoming place eventually fills-up...

During the heyday of immigration... the 1840s through the 1910s... we were a nation of < 100 millions, with land and jobs for all who wanted them...

100-170 years later, we're now a nation of 320,000,000, and all the land has been spoken for, and we can't even keep our own employed and fed, never mind outsiders...

ESPECIALLY outsiders whose insane religious cult (Islam) makes them crazy enough to drive jetliners into skyscrapers and buildings and to slaughter kids at a concert...

Phukk 'em...

Time to hang a No Vacancy sign on the Statue of Liberty...

End of an era... we're Full-Up...

At least, insofar as nasty Muzzies are concerned..

Christians and Jews and Buddhists and Sikhs and Hindi and Shinto types et al are all still welcome...

Muzzies, though? Nahhhhh... they just don't "fit in", and their idiotic cult is far too dangerous. No point in admitting vipers into our midst. Tell 'em to stay home.

Last edited:
equal opportunity for the World makes no sense . Let them build their own opportunity Slade . Only reason for importing Chinese was to build rail roads and not some silly idea of Equal Opportunity Slade !!

Maybe if you bothered to read the other threads on the topic you would have some clue of what is going on and whats been done to enhance vetting. Here's one example.

Here's a link to the thread: Trump wanted 90 days to sort out his immigration policy...

By Andrew Blake - The Washington Times - Friday, June 2, 2017
The State Department has implemented a new vetting process requiring certain visa applicants to give the government a list of their email addresses and social media handles, much to the chagrin of immigration attorneys and free-speech advocates.

Foreigners seeking American visas may now be asked to answer a supplemental questionnaire requesting biographical information including addresses, employment and travel histories, as well as five years’ worth of social media handles and email addresses, according to a policy change quietly put in place by the Trump administration last week.

Yup and im genuinly curious what steps he has taken to improve or at least evaulate the current measures. I was put off by how you characterized that his promise was to placate his hateful base but i got thick skin

If he had no intention of working on a vetting system and just wanted to ban all Muslims from enetering our country like he said during the campaign then I do think it is hateful policy. His actions since the EO haven't yet shown an effort to work on the vetting which is concerning to me

The UK is a target right now because it is too soft on lslamic terrorism. There is probably a correlation between origins and travels of the terrorists and US Travel banned countries. You people insist on making this a 100 percent Muslim ban which is false. The truth is, the travel bannec countries are fertile hot beds for Islamo extremist terror and present a threat to the West. Stop perpetuating the lie that this is an outright ban on Muslims.

Better yet, ask the Democrats to run on removing Obama's travel ban that Trump approved and is continuing. See how far that gets you.
Care to address the OP and answer the question about vetting?
Care to stop bullshitting? Terrorist can't be vetted. Block them all.
Block all muslims or block everyone from those restricted countries?

The Left does not want to vet. Vetting means background checks, surveillance, it all takes time. Further, how accurate is vetting a person from Yemen vs someone from New Jersey? Here's a solution, if someone wants in to the US from one of the 7 banned countries and valid data is lacking, they need to understand the situation and that their circumstance of entry to the US from a hostile territory is not the same as one from a friendly or at least territory where valid data is available to mitigate the probability that they are a threat. Come up with a process where the emigrating person has some onus or skin in the game to get themselves vetted. But then, that still won't be good enough for the Left
Again you dodge the question and jump to the partisan attacks. I guess we all know the answer, that there is no plan for the extreme vetting, all he's got so far is ban Muslims starting with the ones in the 7 countries from the EO

Care to address the OP and answer the question about vetting?
Care to stop bullshitting? Terrorist can't be vetted. Block them all.
Block all muslims or block everyone from those restricted countries?

The Left does not want to vet. Vetting means background checks, surveillance, it all takes time. Further, how accurate is vetting a person from Yemen vs someone from New Jersey? Here's a solution, if someone wants in to the US from one of the 7 banned countries and valid data is lacking, they need to understand the situation and that their circumstance of entry to the US from a hostile territory is not the same as one from a friendly or at least territory where valid data is available to mitigate the probability that they are a threat. Come up with a process where the emigrating person has some onus or skin in the game to get themselves vetted. But then, that still won't be good enough for the Left
Again you dodge the question and jump to the partisan attacks. I guess we all know the answer, that there is no plan for the extreme vetting, all he's got so far is ban Muslims starting with the ones in the 7 countries from the EO
Good. Ban them all.

He's trying to keep muslim butchers out of the country. Why do you want them here?
I dont want Muslim butchers here. I'd like to see what this "extreme vetting" plan is, don't you? Where is it?
The liberal scum keep blocking it.
Do you really not understand the question or are you punting around it because you can't answer. I'm asking about the vetting. 90 days is up
No, they are not. The courts have blocked the travel restriction which included the vetting. If Trump had tried to implement the new vetting while under court injunction, there would have been a real legal issue, instead of these phony obstruction issues.

So, the travel restriction 90 days along with the heightened vetting program will begin the day after the SCOTUS hands the appellate court their asses.

Terror attacks on London hello, Trump got it right again and the left has been proven WRONG. That's why those idiots keep losing elections, they side with terrorists.
Completely off topic, read the op and try again

I've said it before , existing muslims in the USA should be left alone to be Americans . BUT , I see no problem with excluding any foreigner from the USA based on any reason including religion . I think that TRUMP exclusion or vetting , travel ban or whatever it is is Legal and like I said , excluding muslims is legally fine imo . As said by some , if mrobama had issued the travel ban it would have been be legal . These lefty judges are using Trumps words before he was elected President as reason to nullify Trumps order Slade .
It doesn't seem like you are understanding the situation at hand. You appear to be talking just about immigration and perhaps the refuge situation. Trumps travel ban also effects travelers visiting from these countries. These are family members of American citizens and could also effect Americans that travel to and from these countries. If we need to vet better then fine I'm all for it but I haven't heard any proposals just rhetoric. Last time I checked we have an almost two year vetting process for refuges and when I've asked people on this board to fine the holes or areas to improve, I get crickets

What values are you talking about?

Forum List

Back