Trumps travel ban. Times up

Trumps Travel ban has been explained as a 90 day moratorium on travel from a handful of countries so that extreme vetting measures can be established.

Although the travel restrictions have been blocked by the courts there have been no restrictions to prevent him from improving our vetting measures. Had the ban not been blocked, the 90 day period would have long expired. So what does he have to show for it from a vetting standpoint?

Is he really trying to improve vetting or is he just trying to block people from traveling here and gain a political victory to a hateful base?

Please help me understand Trumps goals in relation to the 90 day timeframe and extreme vetting initiatives.
He's trying to keep muslim butchers out of the country. Why do you want them here?
I dont want Muslim butchers here. I'd like to see what this "extreme vetting" plan is, don't you? Where is it?
So...it IS a religious ban. So much for that pesky 1st Amendment, eh?

Trumps Travel ban has been explained as a 90 day moratorium on travel from a handful of countries so that extreme vetting measures can be established.

Although the travel restrictions have been blocked by the courts there have been no restrictions to prevent him from improving our vetting measures. Had the ban not been blocked, the 90 day period would have long expired. So what does he have to show for it from a vetting standpoint?

Is he really trying to improve vetting or is he just trying to block people from traveling here and gain a political victory to a hateful base?

Please help me understand Trumps goals in relation to the 90 day timeframe and extreme vetting initiatives.
He's trying to keep muslim butchers out of the country. Why do you want them here?
I dont want Muslim butchers here. I'd like to see what this "extreme vetting" plan is, don't you? Where is it?
So...it IS a religious ban. So much for that pesky 1st Amendment, eh?
It's a terrorist ban. You can call it whatever your America hating ass wants.

After the latest Muzzie terror attack in London, that 90 days now extends out to "Indefinitely" - until we say so... a 5-4 SCOTUS should help with that.
Interesting. So you think the 90 days was to get the ball rolling on an indefinite travel ban. I think that is what the liberals are seeing as his motive here and why it is being blocked by the courts. Extreme vetting means no entry, I think you are on to something.
------------------------------- hope so , also hope that Trump gets his favorable ruling , lets get that ball rolling . As I have often asked , why are any more or any muslim imports needed in the USA Slade .

I am not hateful and i resent you saying any different based on nothing more than a difference of opinion you may have with me.

I voted for Trump and I supported temporarily limiting travel until they could adapt a more effective screening process.

With that said, your asking a fair question that i hope someone can answer. Ild like to know what steps have been taken

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

gotta ask Trump I suppose , anything coming from this board is simply speculation I guess . All I hope for is that he has made it harder for muslims to enter the USA but I sure don't know and I don't think anyone else on this board knows . Just my GUESS Trouble .

A fair question but I don't think anyone here knows the answer.

th

The UK is a target right now because it is too soft on lslamic terrorism. There is probably a correlation between origins and travels of the terrorists and US Travel banned countries. You people insist on making this a 100 percent Muslim ban which is false. The truth is, the travel bannec countries are fertile hot beds for Islamo extremist terror and present a threat to the West. Stop perpetuating the lie that this is an outright ban on Muslims.

Better yet, ask the Democrats to run on removing Obama's travel ban that Trump approved and is continuing. See how far that gets you.
Care to address the OP and answer the question about vetting?
Care to stop bullshitting? Terrorist can't be vetted. Block them all.
Block all muslims or block everyone from those restricted countries?

After the latest Muzzie terror attack in London, that 90 days now extends out to "Indefinitely" - until we say so... a 5-4 SCOTUS should help with that.
Interesting. So you think the 90 days was to get the ball rolling on an indefinite travel ban. I think that is what the liberals are seeing as his motive here and why it is being blocked by the courts. Extreme vetting means no entry, I think you are on to something.
------------------------------- hope so , also hope that Trump gets his favorable ruling , lets get that ball rolling . As I have often asked , why are any more or any muslim imports needed in the USA Slade .
We are a country of equal opportunity, always have been. If somebody wants to live here, work here, and achieve success then this is the place where they can do it. That's the spirit of America.

I am not hateful and i resent you saying any different based on nothing more than a difference of opinion you may have with me.

I voted for Trump and I supported temporarily limiting travel until they could adapt a more effective screening process.

With that said, your asking a fair question that i hope someone can answer. Ild like to know what steps have been taken

I don't think you are hateful just for supporting Trump or the travel ban, I wasn't implying that. I was speaking to the people like Miketx and others that don't want any Muslims In this country. Concerns over our safety are very real and fair, so I'd like to see solutions. The 90 day travel ban as I understood it was so they could make vetting better, so I'm just trying to find out what they have done

The UK is a target right now because it is too soft on lslamic terrorism. There is probably a correlation between origins and travels of the terrorists and US Travel banned countries. You people insist on making this a 100 percent Muslim ban which is false. The truth is, the travel bannec countries are fertile hot beds for Islamo extremist terror and present a threat to the West. Stop perpetuating the lie that this is an outright ban on Muslims.

Better yet, ask the Democrats to run on removing Obama's travel ban that Trump approved and is continuing. See how far that gets you.
----------------------- block ALL muslim but the 6 countries is a good start in my opinion Slade .

or is he just trying to block people from traveling here and gain a political victory to a hateful base?

Nailed it right there. Trump will pick his ego over America every time, and his base of inbreds are happy to stroke it.

I will explain this for you Slade---------->

It is now a political question of the Commander and Chiefs powers. So much has been made from both sides, that he can, or can NOT do this, the question needs answered. The constitution says he can. The lower courts claim he can NOT.

And so, now it is time to answer the political question, which will surely have ramifications down the road.

Do I know which side is going to win? Nope! Although, I believe it will be 7 to 2 in favor of the President, but I have seen stranger things happen if he was to lose.

Point is------>will the Supreme Court uphold what scholars say are his constitutional powers, or not? If not, the left may very well be correct, and he will resign, or not run for re-election. In my book, this is a watershed moment..........not for illegal immigration, not for his authority under the constitution to prevent ANY persons he so chooses to immigrate to this country..........but rather, how close the Supreme Court is going to enforce the constitution, thus his ability to govern!

I don't think you are hateful just for supporting Trump or the travel ban, I wasn't implying that. I was speaking to the people like Miketx and others that don't want any Muslims In this country. Concerns over our safety are very real and fair, so I'd like to see solutions. The 90 day travel ban as I understood it was so they could make vetting better, so I'm just trying to find out what they have done
Anyone who wants those animals here is insane.

-------------------------------------- no one asked me but in response , I'm not concerned with my safety . I see islam as being destructive to Western values simply when muslims are able to vote plus there are other considerations but voting by muslims is a problem Slade .

Yup and im genuinly curious what steps he has taken to improve or at least evaulate the current measures. I was put off by how you characterized that his promise was to placate his hateful base but i got thick skin

The Left does not want to vet. Vetting means background checks, surveillance, it all takes time. Further, how accurate is vetting a person from Yemen vs someone from New Jersey? Here's a solution, if someone wants in to the US from one of the 7 banned countries and valid data is lacking, they need to understand the situation and that their circumstance of entry to the US from a hostile territory is not the same as one from a friendly or at least territory where valid data is available to mitigate the probability that they are a threat. Come up with a process where the emigrating person has some onus or skin in the game to get themselves vetted. But then, that still won't be good enough for the Left

gotta ask Trump I suppose , anything coming from this board is simply speculation I guess . All I hope for is that he has made it harder for muslims to enter the USA but I sure don't know and I don't think anyone else on this board knows . Just my GUESS Trouble .
agreed... sure be great if our media would ask those types of questions instead of loading up the gotchyas and digging for more drama

no matter what , if Trump can't govern and muslim supporters win its going to hopefully be bad for the muslim supporters and their kids in the future , imo Slade .

or is he just trying to block people from traveling here and gain a political victory to a hateful base?

Nailed it right there. Trump will pick his ego over America every time, and his base of inbreds are happy to stroke it.

I will explain this for you Slade---------->

It is now a political question of the Commander and Chiefs powers. So much has been made from both sides, that he can, or can NOT do this, the question needs answered. The constitution says he can. The lower courts claim he can NOT.

And so, now it is time to answer the political question, which will surely have ramifications down the road.

Do I know which side is going to win? Nope! Although, I believe it will be 7 to 2 in favor of the President, but I have seen stranger things happen if he was to lose.

Point is------>will the Supreme Court uphold what scholars say are his constitutional powers, or not? If not, the left may very well be correct, and he will resign, or not run for re-election. In my book, this is a watershed moment..........not for illegal immigration, not for his authority under the constitution to prevent ANY persons he so chooses to immigrate to this country..........but rather, how close the Supreme Court is going to enforce the constitution, thus his ability to govern!
Well said... this thing has apparently moved beyond the extreme vetting order. Hope it doesn't get forgotten

Forum List

Back