Trump's Wall And Eminent Domain...

Dschrute3

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2016
Looks like Trump is planning to seize Citizens' lands to get the Wall built. It's mainly gonna happen in Texas. But are Texans gonna just sit back and allow the Government to take their lands? I wouldn't bet on it. I'm a Trump supporter and fully support revamping and improving our Immigration System. Because i do feel the System is in ruins. It is time to move towards ending Illegal Immigration all-together.

But that being said, i can't support Eminent Domain. I can't support forcing Citizens to give up their lands for the Wall. There has to be other solutions for those areas. And honestly, I actually find Trump's beliefs on Eminent Domain to be pretty disturbing.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Find one Texas rancher on the Mexican border who voted DEM.
These ranchers have already made deals with the Gov. to lease the land.
They are getting a lot more in lease fees than they get from grazing a few head of cattle on the narrow strips of land involved.
Everyone is happy with the deals except the mexican cartels and the DEM party who are watching tens of thousands of illegals, who they assumed are one day going to vote DEM now being kept out of the US.
Maybe the DEMs should be going back to the negro 'well' again.

They are getting a lot more in lease fees than they get from grazing a few head of cattle on the narrow strips of land involved.
Everyone is happy with the deals except the mexican cartels and the DEM party who are watching tens of thousands of illegals, who they assumed are one day going to vote DEM now being kept out of the US.

Did they have a choice? So no, 'Everyone' is definitely not happy. Many don't want to give up their lands for the Wall. They're shocked and angry that it's gonna be done by force.

Did they have a choice? So no, 'Everyone' is definitely not happy. Many don't want to give up their lands for the Wall. They're shocked and angry that it's gonna be done by force.

Some probably won't have to move very far. A lot of that area is small-ish houses on a lot of land.

There's nothing wrong with imminent domain in this situation. Sure there will be a holdout here and there. They'll get money and move and that will be that.

Just build the wall on the other side of those complaining.:biggrin:

Who exactly is upset? You obviously have a link to a story. Go ahead and post it. Curious about all the Texans on the border that are pro illegal immigration.

My thoughts? There will be no wall because Trump can't do anything but con other people out of money. He is a joke. Nothing he says is going to happen, all of the Republicans in government (who may be evil, but are not clowns like him) will resist his entire agenda, not to mention the Democrats who will make his presidency a nightmare, and will probably get back congress in 2018.

My thoughts? There will be no wall because Trump can't do anything but con other people out of money. He is a joke. Nothing he says is going to happen, all of the Republicans in government (who may be evil, but are not clowns like him) will resist his entire agenda, not to mention the Democrats who will make his presidency a nightmare, and will probably get back congress in 2018.
Then why are all you pussy hats protesting, attacking people, destroying private property, etc?

Some probably won't have to move very far. A lot of that area is small-ish houses on a lot of land.

There's nothing wrong with imminent domain in this situation. Sure there will be a holdout here and there. They'll get money and move and that will be that.

Wow, so disturbing. I can't support seizing these Citizens' lands for this Wall. And i think Trump's gonna have a big fight on his hands. Texans don't just roll over to Government.

Trump's Wall may be crumbling before it's even begun being built. Texans don't just roll over to Government. They will fight.

Who exactly is upset? You obviously have a link to a story. Go ahead and post it. Curious about all the Texans on the border that are pro illegal immigration.

So, Citizens fighting against Government seizing their lands = Them being 'Pro-Illegal Immigration?'

Wow, pretty warped thinking there.

Trump's position on eminent Domain is disturbing, very disturbing.

However, eminent domain is necessary to build infrastructure likes highways and roads and schools....

On this wall...it could be justified I suppose, by those believing in the wall...as long as they pay the home owners 'bigley' if they don't want to give it up....

I do NOT ever agree with using our government to take the land of Americans to use for commercial private businesses, like keystone xl pipeline for the Canadian company....that's just wrong wrong wrong...or like New London Connecticut SCourt decision...

So, Citizens fighting against Government seizing their lands = Them being 'Pro-Illegal Immigration?'

You claimed Texans on the border are pissed about the wall. Where did you get this information? Stop dodging.

Trump's position on eminent Domain is disturbing, very disturbing.

However, eminent domain is necessary to build infrastructure likes highways and roads and schools....

On this wall...it could be justified I suppose, by those believing in the wall...as long as they pay the home owners 'bigley' if they don't want to give it up....

I do NOT ever agree with using our government to take the land of Americans to use for commercial private businesses, like keystone xl pipeline for the Canadian company....that's just wrong wrong wrong...or like New London Connecticut SCourt decision...

Texans will not roll over. Trump's in for a bigly fight. I would suggest he consider other options in these areas. Texans seriously value their lands. Many have had these lands in their families for several generations.

You claimed Texans on the border are pissed about the wall. Where did you get this information? Stop dodging.

The info's out there. Many Texans especially, are shocked and angry. Many actually supported Trump and the Wall. But now they're realizing the costs. It's not just about the money, they're gonna see their lands seized by the Government.

Trump's Wall may be crumbling before it's even begun being built. Texans don't just roll over to Government. They will fight.

As a Texan who's lived near the border,I can tell you with complete confidence that the vast majority want the wall or some kind of protection against the invaders.
They cut their fences releasing cattle,break into their houses and leave garbage everywhere.

As a Texan who's lived near the border,I can tell you with complete confidence that the vast majority want the wall or some kind of protection against the invaders.
They cut their fences releasing cattle,break into their houses and leave garbage everywhere.

I want better border security too. But is Government seizing Citizens' lands really the answer? I can't support that.

I want better border security too. But is seizing Citizens' lands really the answer? I can't support that.

As I've already stated...most will gladly give up a narrow stretch of property.

Yes, I'm sure land owners and ranchers will be happy to be cut off from the river !

Forum List

Back