Truthmatters' " GOP making it difficult to vote" thread.

Truthmatters is a tough gal in the ring...not bright IMO, but she isn't a cryer or a whiner.

the multiple threads she started on the WI voter ID stuff is certainly whining. She starts getting her ass handed to her because she refuses or is unable to prove anything she says... starts a new thread... the same thing happens in there, so she starts yet another thread.... over and over and over.

1 thread would have been sufficient.

Not what I was referring to, Conservative. I'm referring to .....well lets say somone one who might "change a quote". She won't go whinning and crying about it.

Wisconsin DMV Tells Boy His Bank Account Doesn

A video has surfaced of a boy trying to get one of the new Wisconsin Voter IDs that were ushered in by the signing of new a voting law in the state. Shot by the boy's mother with the clear intention of indicting the process, the video shows the pair going from station to station at the DMV, asking all of the right questions as to why there are so many hurdles to acquiring this constitutionally guaranteed ID card.

It is a shame the video is not edited more briskly -- at almost ten minutes in length its viral spread will certainly be thwarted -- but it nonetheless lends itself to breath-holding drama because of this fact.

The first station clerk determines that the boy's bank account does not display enough "activity" to constitute a proof of address form. This is not only absurd ("does he use it?") but a clear privacy infringement as is the follow up question of whether or not the account is of the "checking" or "savings" variety. "Oh, it's just a savings," the clerk remarks. The mother throws a subtle jab, countering that "he's unemployed."

Ahhh .... lets see .... hows it go
This was a new employee and not familiar with the newer process. I dont have all the facts, but we will be looking it to it to better streamline it.

Then you are a 46 yr old liar.
A voter ID card is not an allowable form of identification for list A.B, or C.

No... you just can't read... your name isn't Johnny is it? I saw a documentary about you.

From the website I-9 Requirements - Document Lists

List B - Documents that Establish Identity

Driver's license or ID card issued by a state or outlying possession of the United States, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address
ID card issued by federal, state, or local government agencies or entities, provided it contains a photograph or information such as name, date of birth, gender, height, eye color, and address
School ID card with a photograph
Voter's registration card
U.S. military card or draft record
Military dependent's ID card
U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
Native American tribal document
Driver's license issued by a Canadian government authority

(For persons under age 18 who are unable to present a document listed above:)
School record or report card
Clinic, doctor, or hospital record
Day-care or nursery school record

List C - Documents that Establish Employment Authorization

A Social Security account number card other than one that specifies on the face that the issuance of the card does not authorize employment in the United States*
Certification of Birth Abroad issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545)
Certification of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form DS-1350)
Original or certified copy of birth certificate issued by a State, county, municipal authority, or territory of the United States bearing an official seal
Native American tribal document
U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197)
Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179)
Employment authorization document issued by the Department of Homeland Security

In case you didn't see what I BOLDED, It's #4 on the "B" list.
Ok.
I stand corrected. :cool:
I've never been presented a voter ID when I hired someone.
But, seeing how all the other forms of ID on that list have a photo, wouldn't it stand to reason that the voter ID in question require a photo ID to acquire it?

Nope... you can even get a Voter's registration Card online.

so... here's the big question.... if a Voter's Registration Card is acceptable form of Establishing Identity for a Job... why isn't it good enough to cast a vote? An act that a Voter's Registration Card is for?

This is all propaganda driven. It has little to do with reality and more to do with assumptions.

wtf? Who said it was a constitutional right to fly? IT IS, however a Constitutional right to vote.

Not if you are old, poor, or a college student.

Yeah... I know... Of course isn't it kind of funny that those are the same groups that they are attacking with their Draconian Cuts? The old(social Security and Medicare) the poor(Medicaid and Welfare) and College Students(reduced Financial Aid and low interest loans).

Christ, no wonder they don't want them to vote!!!

wtf? Who said it was a constitutional right to fly? IT IS, however a Constitutional right to vote.

Yeah... I know... Of course isn't it kind of funny that those are the same groups that they are attacking with their Draconian Cuts? The old(social Security and Medicare) the poor(Medicaid and Welfare) and College Students(reduced Financial Aid and low interest loans).

I don't want any non-legal resident to vote....

Simple as that...

Truthmatters is a tough gal in the ring...not bright IMO, but she isn't a cryer or a whiner.

that's my take on it. she lays it out the way she wants to and gets a lot of heat for it, but she deals with it.

That's it in a nutshell.

The enemies of the Republican Party are the old, the poor, the sick, students, Muslims, gay people, poor immigrant farm workers, teachers, etc...

Their friends are the oil companies, the coal companies, Wall Street, the super rich, and the religious right.

That's it in a nutshell.

The enemies of the Republican Party are the old, the poor, the sick, students, Muslims, gay people, poor immigrant farm workers, teachers, etc...

Their friends are the oil companies, the coal companies, Wall Street, the super rich, and the religious right.
do you really think the democrats help the first group and punish the second? come on, get real here

The sarcasm went "flying".... Right over your head...

BTW, those who cannot or refuse to prove legal residency don't have a Constitutional right to vote...

How dare you attempt to connect Responsibilities with Rights

:eusa_whistle:

How does getting an ID affect the old, poor or college students?

Last time I checked anyone can get an ID and colleges give them away.

It's idiotic to think that getting an ID is a hardship.

Simple as that...

No shit... but following I-9 requirements established Identity. That is possible with a Voter's Registration card. You want more than that... all because some little man on the radio told you that ACORN rigged the 2008 election or some other similar nonsense.

Simple as that...

No shit... but following I-9 requirements established Identity. That is possible with a Voter's Registration card. You want more than that... all because some little man on the radio told you that ACORN rigged the 2008 election or some other similar nonsense.

I want the law of the country, state, and district to be followed with respect to residency verification...

I don't listen to the radio except for music...

Any other facts you want to get wrong?

Forum List

Back