Truthmatters' " GOP making it difficult to vote" thread.

I jsut renewed my DL in Florida.

I had to take:

1. A peice of mail with my name and home address.

2. My voter registration card.

3. My SS card

4. My brith certificate.

All that to get my DL renewed.

Showing an ID in order to prove you are who you say you are should be a snap.

TDM is paranoid. She thinks the GOP is trying to stop people from voting instead of making sure only legal voters vote.

She obviously needs help.
No no... she's not afraid of people not voting. She's afraid of people not voting DEMOCRAT.

So the idiots can't prove residence.

I had to bring to the DMV to get my DL;
Birth Cert with raised seal
SS card
2 current bills with address
and my state id

And all they needed was a current bank account. Of course they knew that, that's why it's the boy, not the mother getting ID.

AND

It only took 10 minutes? That's a new land speed record for the DMV.

How many Americans do you want allowed to vote?

if they are all as aggravating as you are......i hope they all stay home....then at least we wont have people who cant follow simple voting instructions like how to punch in a Chad voting......Geezus your a piece of work.....

corrected.

Carefull changing peoples quotes. That will get you banned.

If you make changes, best to use a different font or color so that it's clear what you changed.

good point. I would think the sarcasm in the correction was obvious, but should some nutjob like TM whine to the moderation team, I'll play it safe ffrom now on and simply correct their comment in my posted reply to their stupidity.

why do you people pretend keeping Americans from voting is good for our country?

ok, this may be a stupid question, but wouldn't a republican have as tough a time getting the id as a democrat? and this favors republicans how?

well...actually, it seems she sees republican voters as more intelligent and more likely to be obeying the law by having their ID on them at all times.

corrected.

Carefull changing peoples quotes. That will get you banned.

If you make changes, best to use a different font or color so that it's clear what you changed.

good point. I would think the sarcasm in the correction was obvious, but should some nutjob like TM whine to the moderation team, I'll play it safe ffrom now on and simply correct their comment in my posted reply to their stupidity.
truthmatters doesn't strike me as the type of person to complain to mods.

This is a decdaes long pattern by the republican party to keep poor people from voting.

Its court documented and unavoidable

Did you miss the entire conversation above your post.

Since a Voter ID is an allowable form of identification for filling out an I-9, we need to have a photo presented for it to be legitimate.

Why aren't you crying foul to having to present photo ID to get a job?

Could it be that you would rather be able to elect someone that will take care of your every need, thus making it unnecessary to get a job of your own :confused:

Or buy a plane ticket

Or buy liquor

Shit I have to show an I.D. when I go to the doctor's.

Wisconsin’s population is substantially less likely to have a state-issued identification. A University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee study showed the following about those without state-issued driver’s license and who would need to obtain photo identification under the Wisconsin voter ID bill:

• Over 178,000 elderly Wisconsinites.

• 17 percent of white men and women.

• 55 percent of African-American men and 49 percent of African-American women.

• 46 percent of Hispanic men and 59 percent of Hispanic women.

• 78 percent of African-American men age 18-24 and 66 percent of African-American women age 18-24.

Additional statistics about Wisconsin lack of accessible Division of Motor Vehicles offices compared to Indiana:

• 26 percent of Wisconsin’s 91 DMVs are open one day a month or less, while none of Indiana’s are open less than 100 days a year and nearly all are open over 250 days a year.

• Wisconsin has only one DMV with weekend hours, while Indiana has 124 offices with weekend hours.

• Three Wisconsin counties have no DMVs, no Indiana county is without a DMV.

• Over half of Wisconsin’s 91 DMVs are open on a part-time basis, while Indiana provides full-time DMVs in every county.

Republican claims of widespread voter irregularity have long been debunked. After a two-year investigation, Republican Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen has found only 11 potentially improper votes cast out of nearly 3 million votes in 2008. The former Wisconsin U.S. attorney under George W. Bush, Steve Biskupic, concluded after a similar investigation that there was no widespread voter fraud. The majority of charges in all of these cases involved felons who were technically ineligible to vote.

Scot Ross: Why voter ID bill may be unconstitutional

So what you're saying is they did their homework.

This is a decdaes long pattern by the republican party to keep poor people from voting.

Its court documented and unavoidable

Since a Voter ID is an allowable form of identification for filling out an I-9, we need to have a photo presented for it to be legitimate.

Could it be that you would rather be able to elect someone that will take care of your every need, thus making it unnecessary to get a job of your own :confused:

Or buy a plane ticket

Or buy liquor

I'm on a first name basis with my pharmacist, but I still have to show ID if I want to buy certain cold pills.

Or buy a plane ticket

Or buy liquor

I'm on a first name basis with my pharmacist, but I still have to show ID if I want to buy certain cold pills.

How dare they try to keep you from cooking Meth
:eusa_whistle:

Wisconsin’s population is substantially less likely to have a state-issued identification. A University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee study showed the following about those without state-issued driver’s license and who would need to obtain photo identification under the Wisconsin voter ID bill:

• Over 178,000 elderly Wisconsinites.

• 17 percent of white men and women.

• 55 percent of African-American men and 49 percent of African-American women.

• 46 percent of Hispanic men and 59 percent of Hispanic women.

• 78 percent of African-American men age 18-24 and 66 percent of African-American women age 18-24.

Additional statistics about Wisconsin lack of accessible Division of Motor Vehicles offices compared to Indiana:

• 26 percent of Wisconsin’s 91 DMVs are open one day a month or less, while none of Indiana’s are open less than 100 days a year and nearly all are open over 250 days a year.

• Wisconsin has only one DMV with weekend hours, while Indiana has 124 offices with weekend hours.

• Three Wisconsin counties have no DMVs, no Indiana county is without a DMV.

• Over half of Wisconsin’s 91 DMVs are open on a part-time basis, while Indiana provides full-time DMVs in every county.

Republican claims of widespread voter irregularity have long been debunked. After a two-year investigation, Republican Attorney General J.B. Van Hollen has found only 11 potentially improper votes cast out of nearly 3 million votes in 2008. The former Wisconsin U.S. attorney under George W. Bush, Steve Biskupic, concluded after a similar investigation that there was no widespread voter fraud. The majority of charges in all of these cases involved felons who were technically ineligible to vote.

Scot Ross: Why voter ID bill may be unconstitutional

Well there's a year and a half before the election, lots of time to get off the couch and get the ID. If you can't accomplish that then I guess voting isn't all that important to the individual.

The problem is that he is a citizen and has a right to vote.

Your party creating laws that keep Americans from voting so they can win elections is evil
dont you already have a thread or two on this?.......how many fucking threads do you start on the same dam subjects?......

Yup. This the sixth or seventh thread on the GOP's fight to keep people from voting.

As I said. TDM needs help in a big way.

Truthmatters is a tough gal in the ring...not bright IMO, but she isn't a cryer or a whiner.

the multiple threads she started on the WI voter ID stuff is certainly whining. She starts getting her ass handed to her because she refuses or is unable to prove anything she says... starts a new thread... the same thing happens in there, so she starts yet another thread.... over and over and over.

1 thread would have been sufficient.

Forum List

Back