Truthmatters' " GOP making it difficult to vote" thread.

Proving residency has nothing to do with being stable. There are plenty of unstable ppl who can prove residency.

I didnt say that.

To the contrary, I am saying the opposite.

Correction...

Those that can not prove residency are likely unstable....(not emotionally).

Last edited:
not when there are a few hndred places, and you close down about 10.

How so? All 10 could be in one parties district dem or republican wouldn't that look suspicious or is there a certain percentage that has to close to make it look suspicious? 10%? 20%?

I posted a list of all DMV locations in WI earlier in the thread. 10 is nothing. ALso, someone else posted a piece where the source stated that the 10 were all temporary locations anyway... not permanent locations.

It's nothing.

I posted that . . twice . . and it was promptly ignored. The decisions on which dmvs to close are economical not political.

They were writing the bill to close these DMVs.

If reporting on it makes them abandon the bill and NOT close the DMVs then the news has done their job.

If they close these DMVs they will NEVER hear the end of it.

So... now it's not 'they are closing DMV's ONLY in Democratic areas'...

instead, it's 'If they close the DMV's...'.

You're so pathetically full of shit, it's astounding.

Did you purposefully ignore my question?

you asked a stupid question.

I explained that closing 10 temporary centers, regardless of where they were, is nothing compared to the few hundred they kept open, and even expanded hours for.

It's a non-issue. What part of that slips over your head?

The part that slips over my head is the part where you are comparing the number open to the number closed. My Question was not "would you consider 10 compared to hundreds alot?"

My question said was: Requiring IDs while closing down the places that provide does look suspicious, does it not?"

Be honest with yourself, if all 10 of those closings happened in one party's district it would look suspicious no matter what your saying.

You're trying to change the debate into a greater than, less than argument.

You've obviously not researched the issue, so we'll all forgive you talking out your ass on this one.

It most certainly IS an issue of greater than, less than.

First, there is NO PROOF that any DMV's are being closed in ONLY Democratic areas.
Second, there HAS been proof posted that the proposed closing DMV's were all 'temporary' locations anyway, that did not provide full services, etc.

This is a move to cut wasted taxpayer money.

Go look at the list I posted earlier. There is at least 1 DMV location in all but 2 or 3 couonties in WI. The few without a DMV are small and close enough to centers in the other counties anyway.

It's a non-issue, except for Democrats who want to whine about non-existent problems because the have no solutions to the real problems.

If reporting on it makes them abandon the bill and NOT close the DMVs then the news has done their job.

Yes but not for the reasons you keep spewing.

Transportation Department executive assistant Reggie Newson denied that politics was behind the office closure plan, saying the decisions were being made based on what made the most economic sense.

The state currently operates 88 DMV centers but it would drop to 78 under the tentative plan, Newson said. Many of those targeted for closure, like the one in Fort Atkinson, are temporary sites and not leased spaces, like the larger office in Watertown, he said.

The recently enacted state budget requires that DMV driver license and ID card services be offered in all 72 counties at least 20 hours a week. Currently, only 30 counties have offices that meet that 20-hour requirement.

Once the changes are made, there will be 625 more hours of DMV service to the public a week or about 32,000 hours more a year, said Kristina Boardman, the department's director of field services who is overseeing the plan.

Last edited:

Transportation Department executive assistant Reggie Newson denied that politics was behind the office closure plan, saying the decisions were being made based on what made the most economic sense.

The state currently operates 88 DMV centers but it would drop to 78 under the tentative plan, Newson said. Many of those targeted for closure, like the one in Fort Atkinson, are temporary sites and not leased spaces, like the larger office in Watertown, he said.

The recently enacted state budget requires that DMV driver license and ID card services be offered in all 72 counties at least 20 hours a week. Currently, only 30 counties have offices that meet that 20-hour requirement.

Once the changes are made, there will be 625 more hours of DMV service to the public a week or about 32,000 hours more a year, said Kristina Boardman, the department's director of field services who is overseeing the plan.

So, Walker actually is INCREASING access to DMV facilities, to help people obtain the required identification.

So much for the nutjobs.

Looks like, yet again, truth doesn't really mater.

I wonder how long before it starts another thread on this same topic.....

:cuckoo:

So, Walker actually is INCREASING access to DMV facilities, to help people obtain the required identification.

So much for the nutjobs.

Indeed. I never thought to bold the obvious in red for the retarded Truthmangler -- somehow I actually thought just bolding it would be enough ... silly me. Good idea, I'll keep it in mind for next time.

Hey TM . . . . why do you ignore facts? Why did you ignore my posting of this info 3 times? Why don't you want legal citizens to have access to more DMVs? Why don't you want legal citizens to be able to get IDs? Why do you hate Americans? Hack.

Does it not affect Republican voters as well?
She wouldn't care about suppressing Republican votes.

But... but... Republicans are Americans too, right? Wasn't TM decidedly against suppressing the rights of Americans to vote?

Are you saying TM is being disingenuous?:eek:

According to TM, Republicans are the cause of all the ills of this country. Dems are ever so dreamy though. (nod to daveman)

She wouldn't care about suppressing Republican votes.

But... but... Republicans are Americans too, right? Wasn't TM decidedly against suppressing the rights of Americans to vote?

According to TM, Republicans are the cause of all the ills of this country. Dems are ever so dreamy though. (nod to daveman)

thats her take along with her boyfriend Dean their little admirer Chris....

What happened to Truthmatters? She was all over this thread....now it's just the crickets in void.

What happened to Truthmatters? She was all over this thread....now it's just the crickets in void.

That's her MO when she is proven wrong in a thread...

Most of her threads end up with abandonment issues...

thats her take along with her boyfriend Dean their little admirer Chris....

USMB's very own leftist Three Stooges!

Don't worry though, she'll start another thread about this once this one has gone off the radar. She'll still ignore all of the facts that have been presented that prove her to be wrong.

Rick

Don't worry though, she'll start another thread about this once this one has gone off the radar. She'll still ignore all of the facts that have been presented that prove her to be wrong.

Rick

Side Note:

Nice Mustang. 67?

Forum List

Back