Tubman to replace Jackson on $20 bill

That isn't even the big news ...

OBAMABILL.jpg

Personally I wanted Sally Ride in front of the NASA symbol.

It represent how far we have develop as a society and symbolized our future aspiration.

In stead a hero of a dark past that some still wish to capitalize from. Then, why remove Andrew Jackson?
GOOD pick but the liberals would be yelling WHITE privilege.

I'm not getting the issue. With credit cards, Internet shopping, and iPay I barely use cash anymore. So in the bigger picture you could put anyone on the $20 and it wouldn't matter.

As for Harriet herself, I'm glad she's getting her due. She sends a powerful message that obeying unjust laws is acquiescing to slavery and that sometimes doing the right thing means breaking the law and risking your life. I could get behind putting more people like her on money.

I bet you most Americans couldn't tell you who is on the $20 bill without looking. This is only divisive to bigots and women haters.

It may blow up in his face. I have seen pictures of her with a gun and she was a republican. Any Negro of that era that fought slavery was a republican.

The stupid. It hurts.

Black Americans of that era.....we're not eligible to vote. How in the fuck could she have been a republican?
She led 19 trips into the democrat south to FREE slaves FROM the democrats. Democrats placed a forty thousand dollar reward on her head. She LED some armed incursions into the democrat south to FREE slaves.

She WAS a republican.

She was a liberal. But hey go ahead and say that she was a Republican and what do you have to complain about them?

It may blow up in his face. I have seen pictures of her with a gun and she was a republican. Any Negro of that era that fought slavery was a republican.

The stupid. It hurts.

Black Americans of that era.....we're not eligible to vote. How in the fuck could she have been a republican?
She led 19 trips into the democrat south to FREE slaves FROM the democrats. Democrats placed a forty thousand dollar reward on her head. She LED some armed incursions into the democrat south to FREE slaves.

She WAS a republican.

And it is TODAYS Republicans who are up in arms about honoring her

How the once Grand, now only Old party has changed

At one time Obama wanted to change the $5, 10, & 20.....but apparently somebody talked him out of it.
Really? Can you provide a link to that?

Didn't think so.

Here yah go....
Changes are being made to the back of those bills.
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-harriet-tubman-20-bill-20160420-story.html
Change for a $20: Tubman to replace Jackson on new bills; Hamilton stays | Fox News

Woman to be on new $10 bill

So shove it..

I bet you most Americans couldn't tell you who is on the $20 bill without looking. This is only divisive to bigots and women haters.
In short Democrats.
Don't be ridiculous. We all know we're talking about conservatives. Whos complaint about this money switch?
Tubbman was sneaking Negro's AWAY from the democrat south.
Go ahead, deny it sh#t for brains.

If it's anyone it should be Ronald Reagan. but that won't satisfy the left haters and the feminazie bullies

The stupid. It hurts.

She WAS a republican.

And it is TODAYS Republicans who are up in arms about honoring her

How the once Grand, now only Old party has changed

And the man they took off? A democrat!

tubman_size3.jpg

Imagine having this face on the $20 bill.

Well, that's what's gonna happen.

If this isn't a "Fuck You Whitey" statement from Obama, I don't know what is.

I swear, Big-Ears seems to want to spend the rest of his presidency pissing everyone off.

And they say Trump is an asshole.

I understand that people want to celebrate slavery in this country and this woman's contributions to end it, but for Christ Sakes....give us a friggen break!!!!

They have an entire month to talk about slavery, now they want to, in all respects, plaster slavery all over our money, forcing us to deal with it every time we go to the store.

I think this bill will be a limited edition.....because once they start showing up in banks, people are going to be pissed, and it will be changed back. My wife is black and she hates the idea. Imagine if the GOP decided to put a picture of Sarah Palin on the $20. You'd get the same reaction.

We'll see how this plays out.
What do you mean "this"? Talk about dehumanizing. Right wingernuts are such fuckers.

If she was an abolitionist in those days, she probably identified closer to republican in those days.

That would translate to a very vocal libertarian activists in today's standard.

tubman_size3.jpg

Imagine having this face on the $20 bill.

Well, that's what's gonna happen.

If this isn't a "Fuck You Whitey" statement from Obama, I don't know what is.

I swear, Big-Ears seems to want to spend the rest of his presidency pissing everyone off.

And they say Trump is an asshole.

I understand that people want to celebrate slavery in this country and this woman's contributions to end it, but for Christ Sakes....give us a friggen break!!!!

They have an entire month to talk about slavery, now they want to, in all respects, plaster slavery all over our money, forcing us to deal with it every time we go to the store.

I think this bill will be a limited edition.....because once they start showing up in banks, people are going to be pissed, and it will be changed back. My wife is black and she hates the idea. Imagine if the GOP decided to put a picture of Sarah Palin on the $20. You'd get the same reaction.

We'll see how this plays out.

IDK Buddy, she did rise up to fight her Democrat Slave Masters

Unfortunately.....she was a Republican......so was every other black in those days.
And your kind was a Democrat.

I could care less who is on what bill...I rarely use cash anyway, too many dindu nuffins out there

If she was an abolitionist in those days, she probably identified closer to republican in those days.

That would translate to a very vocal libertarian activists in today's standard.

A republican is replacing a democrat. But who cares? It only divides if you let it

Forum List

Back