Tulsa police officer charged with manslaughter

It's not just him. It's an increasingly common belief system in certain circles.

Donut shop reasoning holds that all one needs to do to get away with cold-blooded murder is shoot someone, wait for no pulse, do a 911 and insist your victim had threatened to kill you and stuck a hand in his pocket.
Ignoring the video evidence isn't smart. It shows his arm going into the car, dummy. Maybe you've been eating too many donuts.

Again, just before the shot it appears that Crutcher was reaching into the driver's window. It does not appear conclusive that he was NOT doing that. With Shelby and her lawyer claiming that Crutcher was reaching into the window, and therefore a self-defense shooting, the prosecution would have to prove that Crutcher was NOT reaching in the window.

I don't see this as anything but either not guilty by self-defense, or not guilty by insufficient evidence. Shouldn't even go past a grand jury.

http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000004658240/helicopter-video-of-tulsa-police-shooting.htm

I guess they don't know about the blood splatter on the window that was supposedly rolled down.
There is NOTHING to indicate the window being closed. There is something to indicate it being open. that it looks like Crutcher's arm is in it. God, didn't I refute this 6 times already ?(As well as about 100 other people) Again, again, again, what you call blood on a window, is a shoulder strap seat belt showing through the open window. What also indicates the window being open, is how white and clear the seats look, compared to the more gray and subdued look of them through the front windshield.
Where is the video or photos supporting your claim? Also have you considered that after being shot with a taser Crutcher may not have been in control of his body? This is another senseless shooting that ought not to have occurred. Wtf is a helicopter doing there anyway…making noise and distracting the people on the ground?

Officer Betty said she cleared the inside of the vehicle on the driver side before interacting with Scott.
Even if he were reaching, she knew there was no weapon within reach.

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/324958610/Shelby-Affidavit
FALSE! Cleared only means a visual inspection. there could have been a gun under a towel, under the seat, in a console, or in a glove compartment, and she didn't check the passenger side even visually.
The window was rolled up, the door was closed, so protectionist is merely saying, "shoot the black man because he is a black man."
And the gun he was going for

Didn't exist.
It doesn't matter. I'm a cop, you aren't, so I might know a few things you don't such as the rules of deadly force don't require a weapon, just the perception of it. If you don't believe me, draw a toy gun on cops and see what happens. You cop haters keep citing incidents of cops shooting an unarmed suspect as if we're supposed to automatically conclude the cop screwed up. Then you scream injustice when a subsequent investigation clears the officer......as if there's no possible way to be justified in shooting an unarmed suspect, which is bullshit.

It doesn't matter if there was no gun. If the cop reasonably suspected the thug was going for a gun, she was justified in using force.

Exactly, the Trump crew is bullshitting Whites into IGNORING the FACT that Blacks ARE oppressed victims of police brutality and disproportional reckless homicide by government agents known as cops!
So you're one of the SUCKERS of the Obama/Sharpton race hustler machine, huh ?

OK ? Now we know. :slap:

We? You mean the other 95% of racist bahs-turds who haunt these "hallowed" USMB halls? You aren't in the business of objectivity. Propaganda is your game. Your incorrigible bigotry/racism is aimed at demonizing anything Blacks do! Now, we know!!!!:talk2hand::talk2hand::talk2hand::talk2hand:

Exactly, the Trump crew is bullshitting Whites into IGNORING the FACT that Blacks ARE oppressed victims of police brutality and disproportional reckless homicide by government agents known as cops!
So you're one of the SUCKERS of the Obama/Sharpton race hustler machine, huh ?

OK ? Now we know. :slap:

We? You mean the other 95% of racist bahs-turds who haunt these "hallowed" USMB halls? You aren't in the business of objectivity. Propaganda is your game. Your incorrigible bigotry/racism is aimed at demonizing anything Blacks do! Now, we know!!!!:talk2hand::talk2hand::talk2hand::talk2hand:
Big shocker!!

race-card1.png

Officer Betty said she cleared the inside of the vehicle on the driver side before interacting with Scott.

FALSE! Cleared only means a visual inspection. there could have been a gun under a towel, under the seat, in a console, or in a glove compartment, and she didn't check the passenger side even visually.
The window was rolled up, the door was closed, so protectionist is merely saying, "shoot the black man because he is a black man."

Didn't exist.
It doesn't matter. I'm a cop, you aren't, so I might know a few things you don't such as the rules of deadly force don't require a weapon, just the perception of it. If you don't believe me, draw a toy gun on cops and see what happens. You cop haters keep citing incidents of cops shooting an unarmed suspect as if we're supposed to automatically conclude the cop screwed up. Then you scream injustice when a subsequent investigation clears the officer......as if there's no possible way to be justified in shooting an unarmed suspect, which is bullshit.

It doesn't matter if there was no gun. If the cop reasonably suspected the thug was going for a gun, she was justified in using force.

If they allow racist Bahs-turds like YOU to be a cop…I can see why we need a complete overhaul of the selection process for peace officers. You are an embarrassment to the good decent men and women in Blue!

The innocent police officer said she saw him reach into his vehicle. I believe her and know how she could come to that conclusion and have reason to shoot him while he was standing up next to his car with the van window rolled up. The location of his splattered blood is a clue.

I guess they don't know about the blood splatter on the window that was supposedly rolled down.
There is NOTHING to indicate the window being closed. There is something to indicate it being open. that it looks like Crutcher's arm is in it. God, didn't I refute this 6 times already ?(As well as about 100 other people) Again, again, again, what you call blood on a window, is a shoulder strap seat belt showing through the open window. What also indicates the window being open, is how white and clear the seats look, compared to the more gray and subdued look of them through the front windshield.
The vids show it rolled up. You would go to jail for perjury if you did this in court.

The innocent police officer said she saw him reach into his vehicle. I believe her and know how she could come to that conclusion and have reason to shoot him while he was standing up next to his car with the van window rolled up. The location of his splattered blood is a clue.
AvgGuyIA is clearly a race man

Maybe it's my eighty year-old eyes, but I've looked very closely at every image (I believe) made available so far and I can't tell if the window is open. To me it looks closed.

But in situations of this nature we cannot ignore the very real phenomenon of subliminal suggestion which is known to cause suggestible individuals to either see things which aren't there -- or to not see things which are there. I am curious as to why no examples of high-tech photo analysis have not been published yet. We know the technology exists. The FBI has a photo unit that specializes in it. But all we see are the standard low-tech images.

I wonder why.

protectionist is clearly a race man
Yes, clearly….
The race factor does weigh heavily in this as well as other, similar issues. It's understandable and it operates on both sides of any such conflict.

In the "Big Mike" Brown example, hundreds of eye-witnesses swore they saw Brown being shot while his hands were held up in surrender, which was proved to be false. The Black side of that controversy held that Brown was an innocent "child" when the fact is he was a bullying scumbag who, had he lived, would have harmed many hundreds of innocent people.

In the example of Walter Scott, a petty offender who was shot seven times in the back by an obvious loose-cannon cop, every cop I've ever heard comment on that incident has some convincing fantasy as to why Ptl. Slager was justified in shooting a fleeing misdemeanor offender in the back seven times.

My racial impressions and opinions in all of these examples are secondary to my increasing anger about the dollars and cents cost of these unnecessarily excessive and/or lethal force incidents. As I recall, Walter Scott's survivors received a $6 million dollar settlement. Freddie Gray's family got $7 million. Sandra Bland's family got $6.5 million, and it goes on and on. Add these numbers to the overall cost of the goddam War On Drugs, which is absolutely counterproductive, and it's taking money away from a lot of important things government isn't doing because of a lack of funds.

What I believe should be done is the cost of these lawsuit settlements should be factored into the wage negotiations of the respective police agencies. In other words, Sorry, no raise this time around. No money because of the xxxxx shooting lawsuit. I know it will have an effect in New York City where the lawsuit bill averages about a quarter billion dollars a year!

Guaranteed the unnecessary bullshit will cease.

Last edited:
It's not just him. It's an increasingly common belief system in certain circles.

Donut shop reasoning holds that all one needs to do to get away with cold-blooded murder is shoot someone, wait for no pulse, do a 911 and insist your victim had threatened to kill you and stuck a hand in his pocket.
Ignoring the video evidence isn't smart. It shows his arm going into the car, dummy. Maybe you've been eating too many donuts.

Again, just before the shot it appears that Crutcher was reaching into the driver's window. It does not appear conclusive that he was NOT doing that. With Shelby and her lawyer claiming that Crutcher was reaching into the window, and therefore a self-defense shooting, the prosecution would have to prove that Crutcher was NOT reaching in the window.

I don't see this as anything but either not guilty by self-defense, or not guilty by insufficient evidence. Shouldn't even go past a grand jury.

http://www.nytimes.com/video/us/100000004658240/helicopter-video-of-tulsa-police-shooting.htm

Here's the thing dude.
None of the officers knew anything about this man. At the time he was shot, he hadn't even been identified yet.
He had no wants or warrants.
He was not a criminal or a suspect.

He died because of one officer's irrational fear.

Didn't exist.

It does matter.
People shouldn't die for imagined threats.

Didn't exist.

It does matter.
Ignorant fools don't decide police procedures

Actually it depends on jurisdiction. Zimmerman/Martin occurred in a Stand Your Ground state. If Zimmerman did the same thing in New York or New Jersey (et al) where the obligation to retreat applies he would not have walked so easily, if at all.
Anybody dumb enough to live in New York, deserves what they get. I recently heard that in the big apple those poor souls are not even allowed to carry a pepper spray. Is that really the USA ? Sheeeesh!

Didn't exist.

It does matter.
Ignorant fools don't decide police procedures

At the end of the day, there was no gun.
She screwed up and was charged accordingly.

What illegal activity was known before he was shot? The scenario I put before you has you reeling and you don't have answer. Typical RW misanthrope who specializes in anti-Black rhetoric!
Not following this too closely, I see. His car was stopped in the middle of the roadway, right on the median, obstructing traffic coming from both directions, his door was wide open, and he was strolling around in the road, further creating a hazard. Lucky no one else was killed, because if this idiot.:rolleyes-41:

Forum List

Back