Turns Out To Be A Medical Problem

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Well…a medical problem that produces a political one.

The term is “Anhedonia.”

1.“People who experience anhedonia … a decreased ability to feel pleasure. It’s a core symptom of major depressive disorder, but it can also be a symptom of other mental health disorders.” Some people who experience anhedonia don’t have a mental disorder.” Anhedonia: Symptoms, Treatment, and More

2. I contend that one way of viewing Liberalism is as a political form of anhedonia, the inability to recognize that, as an American, one lives in the finest nation on earth, and failure to recognize same, in extreme cases, results in the desire to destroy the nation.

3.Here, particularly extreme Liberals, chanting
Antifa Chanting "No Trump, No Wall, No USA at All'

4.Let’s take an irrefutable example: shouldn’t Liberals take pleasure in this result of the current presidency?
As is true with savages and children, according to LeBon, they vote for personalities, rather than the way adults do.....for policies.

“African-American, Hispanic-American and Asian-American unemployment have all reached their lowest levels ever recorded. Unemployment for Americans with disabilities has also reached an all-time low. More people are working now than at any time in our history --- 157 million.” Trump, State of the Union

Democrats/Liberals in attendance refused to cheer in appreciation of these facts.
Seems that the 'wrong' person accomplished it.

Instead of being happy about the accomplishments of the current President, for all Americans,...just look at the economy under Trump...... the dissatisfied, Liberals, yearn for the failures of the past President.

And….there were quite a few failures.

“People who experience anhedonia … a decreased ability to feel pleasure. It’s a core symptom of major depressive disorder, but it can also be a symptom of other mental health disorders.” Some people who experience anhedonia don’t have a mental disorder.” Anhedonia: Symptoms, Treatment, and More

I love it when some of the most anti-science people on the face of the earth try to use the tools of science. If you want to be scientific in your understanding of liberals then take a suitable sample of liberals and ask them questions and accept the answers as useful data, that's what real scientists do.

I love it when some of the most anti-science people on the face of the earth try to use the tools of science. If you want to be scientific in your understanding of liberals then take a suitable sample of liberals and ask them questions and accept the answers as useful data, that's what real scientists do.

Evidence shows that Liberals are the anti-science folks.

1. Progressives regularly claim that it is their beliefs that are based on science, and that conservatives are anti-science….even claiming that progressivism and science are one and the same, or they may conflate technological progress with political progressivism.
    1. Leftists at the Center for American Progress have a website called Your Genes Not for Sale They claim: “Through this work we are building piece by piece the progressive narrative of science and technology policy.”
    2. “The phrase “science progress” is, arguably, a bit awkward. … It reminds us that we are the inheritors of the Enlightenment’s confidence in the possibility of improving the human condition—a possibility predicated on values of individual freedom, social equality, and democratic solidarity,…” Time for Science to Reclaim Its Progressive Roots
    3. Science….individual freedom….and social equality? Exactly which part of the scientific method validates social justice? It seems that if one disagrees with their politics, one must be anti-science. QED.

1. Let’s take a look at who is ‘anti-science’: 93 % of scientists acknowledge the necessity of animal research, as do 62 % of Republicans, but only 48% of Democrats. Section 5: Evolution, Climate Change and Other Issues
    1. Nuclear power plants? 70 % of scientists favor, as do 62 % of Republicans, but only 45% of Democrats Ibid.'
    2. The National Academy of Sciences found that genetically engineered food is safe. So say more Republicans (48%) than Democrats (42%) Who’s More Anti-Science: Republicans or Democrats?
2. “Republicans are more scientifically literate than Democrats or independents are”…with respect to belief in astrology, the need for control groups, probability, antibiotics, exposure to radioactivity….Check out the list at The Audacious Epigone: Republicans are more scientifically literate than Democrats or independents are

Did you notice that my post is fully documented.....yours is simply....'Liberal'?

Have you ever read a book not assigned in government school???????

Too bad ignorance isn't actually painful.

Last edited:

Many of their answers are based simply on feelings and emotions. Its just not science when feelings are invoked. The only true science is mathematics.

Many of their answers are based simply on feelings and emotions. Its just not science when feelings are invoked. The only true science is mathematics.

....and based on politics alone: global warming and infanticide.

Liberals are not the ones claiming America is not Great
We don’t even have hats

LOL you're doing it again. If you are actually interested in understanding liberals you first have to accept that you may be wrong about some things. What you are doing is not science, you are trying to support a foregone conclusion.

5.While political anhedonia, Liberalism, is shown in distress, worry and misery, that is hardly the case for conservatives.
Leftists: their 'happiness' meter is stuck on zero.

“The cultural stereotype of a political conservative is hardly the image of a happy-go-lucky, bubbly, fun-loving individual. And yet, conservatives consistently admit to greater levels of personal happiness than liberals. It’s not that liberals are morose and conservatives euphoric, but there is a constant happiness gap between the two groups.

It’s as if the avuncular Ronald Reagan of “morning in America” is the conservative emoticon, while liberals are stuck in a rut with Jimmy “malaise speech” Carter.

Conservatives tend to be older than liberals, and people report greater happiness as they age. Conservatives are also more likely to be married and to practice a religion – both of which are also associated with greater happiness.

The differences can be quite striking, as Arthur C. Brooks of the American Enterprise Institute pointed out in a New York Times article on the subject: Fifty-two percent of married, religious, politically conservative people (with kids) are very happy — while only 14 percent of single, secular, liberal people without kids are.”
Conservatives happier than liberals

LOL you're doing it again. If you are actually interested in understanding liberals you first have to accept that you may be wrong about some things. What you are doing is not science, you are trying to support a foregone conclusion.

I provided a linked, sourced, documented post eviscerating yours.

Now.....would you mind providing two or three of the books that have infused your political outlook?
I just said that for giggles....we know Liberals don't read books.....

"Liberals don't read books – they don't read anything … That's why they're liberals. They watch TV, absorb the propaganda, and vote on the basis of urges."
Coulter

Be sure to ask me to provide same......

The term is “Anhedonia.”

1.“People who experience anhedonia … a decreased ability to feel pleasure. It’s a core symptom of major depressive disorder, but it can also be a symptom of other mental health disorders.” Some people who experience anhedonia don’t have a mental disorder.” Anhedonia: Symptoms, Treatment, and More

2. I contend that one way of viewing Liberalism is as a political form of anhedonia, the inability to recognize that, as an American, one lives in the finest nation on earth, and failure to recognize same, in extreme cases, results in the desire to destroy the nation.

4.Let’s take an irrefutable example: shouldn’t Liberals take pleasure in this result of the current presidency?
As is true with savages and children, according to LeBon, they vote for personalities, rather than the way adults do.....for policies.

“African-American, Hispanic-American and Asian-American unemployment have all reached their lowest levels ever recorded. Unemployment for Americans with disabilities has also reached an all-time low. More people are working now than at any time in our history --- 157 million.” Trump, State of the Union

Democrats/Liberals in attendance refused to cheer in appreciation of these facts.

Instead of being happy about the accomplishments of the current President, for all Americans,...just look at the economy under Trump...... the dissatisfied, Liberals, yearn for the failures of the past President.

“People who experience anhedonia … a decreased ability to feel pleasure. It’s a core symptom of major depressive disorder, but it can also be a symptom of other mental health disorders.” Some people who experience anhedonia don’t have a mental disorder.” Anhedonia: Symptoms, Treatment, and More

Those are not liberals and you are not American...You are an Asian poster who post nothing but anti-American propaganda..and you have a right to do it because of liberalism...

The science of the human mind and human society is messy but it is not without merit. The trouble starts when you try to use it to pigeon-hole large numbers of people into a few categories. Everything about human emotional and intellectual makeup is a spectrum where sharp lines do not exist. I know ambiguity is difficult for some but when you are investigating the human mind that is all you have. We are all the product of our experiences.

Liberals are not the ones claiming America is not Great
We don’t even have hats

Say what?
th

Now.....would you mind providing two or three of the books that have infused your political outlook?

"Liberals don't read books – they don't read anything … That's why they're liberals. They watch TV, absorb the propaganda, and vote on the basis of urges."
Coulter

I've read thousands of books most of them were just a listing of other people's ideas. All of them had something to say but none of them individually were a main basis for my political views except perhaps the bible. Information is all you will ever get from a book but Wisdom comes from experience and the willingness to patently listen. On that point few books are of any assistance.

Coulter

I've read thousands of books most of them were just a listing of other people's ideas. All of them had something to say but none of them individually were a main basis for my political views except perhaps the bible. Information is all you will ever get from a book but Wisdom comes from experience and the willingness to patently listen. On that point few books are of any assistance.

"I've read thousands of books"

You're lyin'......

The science of the human mind and human society is messy but it is not without merit. The trouble starts when you try to use it to pigeon-hole large numbers of people into a few categories. Everything about human emotional and intellectual makeup is a spectrum where sharp lines do not exist. I know ambiguity is difficult for some but when you are investigating the human mind that is all you have. We are all the product of our experiences.

Watch how I put you in your place.

The Democrat Party stands for the same things that the Bolsheviks did.

And that perspective slaughtered over 100 million men, women and children.

"We must rid ourselves once and for all of the Quaker-Papist babble about the sanctity of human life." Leon Trotsky

"New York abortion law changes allow infanticide"
New York abortion law changes allow infanticide

You don't read, and you vote Democrat, huh?

The term is “Anhedonia.”

SO this is what Republicans suffered from all through the Obama years (and what they STILL suffer from)? And why they elected TRUMP of all people?

Coulter

Yea, comic books don't really count.

Liberals are Unhappy People. That's obvious. It's also obvious that they blame others not themselves. And they look to Government to fix their unhappiness. That's what the O. P. is about. Helps explain what we are dealing with, in this case the Abnormal Psychology of Unhappiness.

There are three main Liberal/Loon Psychopathologies.

1) Guilt, (Born Rich--and want all the rest of us to pay more taxes to take care of more people who are less fortunate, so they can feel better.

2) Jealousy. A big one. Somebody has more than me. Make Government take it away and give it to me.

3) Unhappiness. Cannot find happiness on their own due to laziness grossness, ignorance etc., and need Government to supply the deficiency.

O.P. is just about No. 3.

Coulter

"I've read thousands of books"

You're lyin'......

All of them have. What does my reading list have to do with anything? I read Steinbeck as a youth and found that useful as well as Hunter S Thomson. The various philosophers from ancient to modern did little to reveal the human condition to me but hey did try to wrestle with the ambiguity of life. The first book I read extensively was the bible but eventually rejected the mysticism and kept the moral imperatives. I read the various communist texts, Mien Kampf, the founders letters, but such political screeds rarely have anything of value to say about humanity. I have read thousands of books but nothing brought me greater understanding than simply listening to my fellow humans.

The term is “Anhedonia.”

SO this is what Republicans suffered from all through the Obama years (and what they STILL suffer from)? And why they elected TRUMP of all people?

OMG!!!

You came up with a 'so are you' post!!!!!!

Brilliant!!!

Forum List

Back