Two questions: Neg / Pos reps, and "trophies":

Roudy

Diamond Member
Mar 16, 2012
Are people giving "reps" still, and how do you give (or get) a rep. Where does it even show on your profile?

And along the same lines, what are trophies, and how do you give or get one?

Thanks.

Rep is dead.

Long live "like", "agree" and "informative".

So there is no way to indicate if you don't like what somebody is posting?

One would think there should be a "hate" or "dislike" button next to the three choices as well.

What are trophy points and how to you award someone? Do you get them automatically based on how many "likes" you get? This is a little childish if you ask me.

Rep is dead.

One would think there should be a "hate" or "dislike" button next to the three choices as well.

What are trophy points and how to you award someone? Do you get them automatically based on how many "likes" you get? This is a little childish if you ask me.

There was a Red X button to express displeasure or disagreement, but CK decided to get rid of it.

But people can provide their own red X:

13498028451372653215Big%20Red%20X.svg.hi.png

:lol:

The whole exercise of like or agree or disagree or dislike seems childish. Simply because it isn't used as a tool to like or dislike a good or a bad post, simply used as another tool to say "I agree" or " I disagree" with you. In other words, used incorrectly by stupid people.

Rep is dead.

Of course there is a way to indicate you disagree with what someone wrote, it's called a rebuttal.

Rep is dead.

I thought the same thing - however - Roudy - I read Rightwinger's post about it recently and learned that some people who were still holding grudges from the rep and neg rep days on old board had picked it back up by x'ing the people they didn't like and also by following them around the board and x'ing them! ( without even reading what they disagree with - evidently! )

Which was majorly childish in my opinion - so I can see his point in how they could misuse it. Still I thought the x disagree feature was my first real opportunity to disagree with someone without the neg rep feature so I thought it was a good idea and liked the feature - if you can agree with someone - you should be able to disagree also - but again some were using it as a weapon of sorts.

I never did get the mass neg repping rings people used on others on the other board and believe that the people involved in that should have lost ALL OF THEIR OWN REP - for having engaged in such a rotten thing. That is what I think should have been done with them!

As for the neg rep on the old board - I think I negged someone once in a year - possibly twice but it was a very serious -offense - and I was making a statement - before when I disagreed on old board I would rep them full points and then tell them by email what I didn't disagree with so they were get sugar with their medicine! lol........

Rep is dead.

Of course there is a way to indicate you disagree with what someone wrote, it's called a rebuttal.

That would be a novel idea for some!

Rep is dead.

Nope

Agree

Agreed, until I got one for sexy. I'm really vain :)

Is this like online social engineering? LOL

I would be more inclined to call it an "experiment" in online social engineering.

I did note that the trophy points are leaning heavily towards how many others like your posts, threads, etc. Now in all honesty that automatically fails because truth is in the minority - the stronger the truth - the greater the minority that will "like it"..... therein it would not be a true reflection of the success of a blogger - because truth sinking in often happens in increments. Not all at once. It's gradual - like water continually flowing down on a rock eventually wearing a rock down - reshaping it - reforming it -not something immediately seen - but after awhile? The right effect begins to reveal itself - but it is most definitely a gradual thing. Most of the time. imo.

Last edited:
Rep is dead.

Nope

Agree

Now you see? This is what I mean, R.D. I just received one for sexy and it did not appeal to my vanity at all! So we have different ideas on what vanity is. Or? I've been delivered of my vanity without knowing it!

Ut -oh! I just read this to my husband and he said........ I don't know about that...........

yikes. I guess I spoke too soon!

Rep is dead.

Nope

Agree

Now you see? This is what I mean, R.D. I just received one for sexy and it did not appeal to my vanity at all! So we have different ideas on what vanity is. Or? I've been delivered of my vanity without knowing it!
Well, I'm more needy than vain. I'll take any cheap compliment and run with it

Rep is dead.

One would think so, because it balances out the 'thanks', 'agree', 'informative' buttons. If you disagree you now have to state so and say why; if you agree you just have to push a button without comment. No, it doesn't make sense to me either.

The bigger part of rep being gone (and why they didn't just remove rep ability from the abusers instead of ruining it for all of us is a puzzlement for sure) is that now there aren't any rep comments you can send. What was an easy way to communicate and converse with others in private has now been made cumbersome and no one bothers. Makes this place less friendly and more sterile, imo.

Rep is dead.

One would think so, because it balances out the 'thanks', 'agree', 'informative' buttons. If you disagree you now have to state so and say why; if you agree you just have to push a button without comment. No, it doesn't make sense to me either.

The bigger part of rep being gone (and why they didn't just remove rep ability from the abusers instead of ruining it for all of us is a puzzlement for sure) is that now there aren't any rep comments you can send. What was an easy way to communicate and converse with others in private has now been made cumbersome and no one bothers. Makes this place less friendly and more sterile, imo.
Well they sure as hell changed the game. Instead of baseball we're now playing cricket, for kids.

Rep is dead.

Well they sure as hell changed the game. Instead of baseball we're now playing cricket, for kids.

You got that right.

Forum List

Back