Two reasons why democrats hate using the word Republic when identifying America's political system.

Let’s see if you can make a grown up argument supporting your claim that republicans want to remove voters from the operation of the republic.

Republicans want to…

Have state legislatures overturn the vote
Restrict voting, raise the age, require tests, eliminate mail in
Terminate the Constitution and overturn the vote

I suspect that most people realize that the term "democracy" is just a convenient, catch-all term for a system in which the people elect their representatives.

I'd call us a "representative republic", but I don't lose my shit and go drama queen when people use the term "democracy".

Sheesh. Too many people are walking around just WAITING to freak out.

Then your argument is that Democracy does not exist.
My argument is there are Democracies around the world and none comply with your definition of Democracy

There are also Republics that are not Democracies

Republicans want to…

That hysterical tirade has not a single supportable fact.

Do you want a do-over on the chance to make a grown up argument?

I suspect that most people realize that the term "democracy" is just a convenient, catch-all term for a system in which the people elect their representatives.

I'd call us a "representative republic", but I don't lose my shit and go drama queen when people use the term "democracy".

Sheesh.
Not losing our shit. Trying to teach trolls about our government.

Seems too many dont understand it.

Biden isn't American? Our representatives and senators aren't citizens? :nocknockHT:
I understand I opened the door for that cuteness, but of course you do know precisely what I mean. Biden is an American. Biden is who is in charge of Government. Not me and not my fellow republicans.

When Trump was the president. Did he represent you?

The U.S. is a representative Republic that allows 'the people' to democratically elect their representatives. It's foundation is the Constitution. It is neither a Democracy nor a Republic.

I think Republicans are involved in petty retaliation against Biden as part of…….He does it too!

Only problem is you have no proof against Biden
Petty retaliation?

That fucker has sold the US out to the chinese.

He is a fucking traitor.

Republicans act like Democracy and a Republic are mutually exclusive.
You can’t operate our Republic without Democracy.

But that is what Republicans want to do. Remove the voter from the operation of a Republic.
Lib voters are ok as long as they only vote once and only for themselves not someone else

The U.S. is a representative Republic that allows 'the people' to democratically elect their representatives. It's foundation is the Constitution. It is neither a Democracy nor a Republic.

It is both a Democracy AND a Republic

Sheesh. Too many people are walking around just WAITING to freak out.
Problem is democrats want to redefine everything even what America is.

That hysterical tirade has not a single supportable fact.

Do you want a do-over on the chance to make a grown up argument?
That is what Republicans want to do

I think they're just trying to sound intelligent and informed.

This is a non-issue.

Republicans see the writing on the wall
They are becoming a permanent minority

That is why Democracy is their enemy and they want to solidify ruling from a minority

I understand I opened the door for that cuteness, but of course you do know precisely what I mean. Biden is an American. Biden is who is in charge of Government. Not me and not my fellow republicans.
Which is what makes us a representative democracy rather than a direct democracy. You're the one being cute by pretending as if there is no difference.
When Trump was the president. Did he represent you?
Yes. He represented all of us as President and executive, unfortunately.

That is what Republicans want to do

New York Times sound the warning back in 2012 about how mail in ballots could not be trusted. It wasn't until recently when democrats could use mail in ballots to their benefit that democrats started supporting the use.

Forum List

Back