Tyre Nichols? How about supporting cops.

you very thick headed. you want to turn it into a personal arguement

it is about people like yourself that are just plain stupid that cannot understand what is in their best interest. running from police is not the right course to follow.
its not about whats in my best interest or yours,, its about running from a cop doesnt justify murder,,

why is that so hard for you to understand??

sorry but its not,, unless of course you are wearing blinders and refuse to see whats happening everyday in this country,,
You are sorry,,,, but it’s not,,,, regardless of your myopia,,

We can address what’s going on with this country ,,,;;;; but,,, we first need to accurately identify what the problems actually are ;;;;;,,,

You are sorry,,,, but it’s not,,,, regardless of your myopia,,

We can address what’s going on with this country ,,,;;;; but,,, we first need to accurately identify what the problems actually are ;;;;;,,,
did you know in most states unless youve been LAWFULLY arrested you dont even have to talk to a cop let alone comply with his instructions?? and yet even then they abuse their authority,,
you can tell them to fuck off and walk away anytime you want,,

respect is earned not given,,

did you know in most states unless youve been LAWFULLY arrested you dont even have to talk to a cop let alone comply with his instructions??

Partly correct. It is an accurate assertion that there are levels of accepted police interaction with the people. If a cop “orders” me to “stop” but doesn’t have probable cause of a crime having been, being or about to be committed, his “order” can legally be ignored.

And whether the temporary detention is valid or not, except as a driver, you don’t have to talk with a cop prior to an arrest or after an arrest.
and yet even then they abuse their authority,,

Some do. See your problem? Even when you’re partly correct, you have this bad tendency to overgeneralize and overstate the case.
you can tell them to fuck off and walk away anytime you want,,
Partly true. You are indeed free to walk away prior to an arrest if they lack probable cause. But if they happen to have probable cause, then you’re not free to walk away.
respect is earned not given,,
“Respect” has nothing to do with anything we’ve discussed so far

;;

Partly correct. It is an accurate assertion that there are levels of accepted police interaction with the people. If a cop “orders” me to “stop” but doesn’t have probable cause of a crime having been, being or about to be committed, his “order” can legally be ignored.

And whether the temporary detention is valid or not, except as a driver, you don’t have to talk with a cop prior to an arrest or after an arrest.

Some do. See your problem? Even when you’re partly correct, you have this bad tendency to overgeneralize and overstate the case.

Partly true. You are indeed free to walk away prior to an arrest if they lack probable cause. But if they happen to have probable cause, then you’re not free to walk away.

;;
youre telling me to respect the cops authority,, so how does respect have nothing to do with it??

why is it you keep avoiding that running from a cop doesnt justify killing them???

thats what this discussion is about that you keep avoiding,,

;;

Everybody seems to enjoy coming down on the cops. But do any of you ever stop to consider the difficult and dangerous job they do? All those who are against the cops would be shitting bricks if they weren't around. And just look at the case of Tyre Nichols. Did he deserve to be beaten as severely as he was? Maybe not. But did he deserve to be beaten? Definitely! If you are going to resist the police, you get what you get. I saw both the videos. In the first body cam video, he wouldn't let the cops cuff him. If he had, none of the rest would have followed. From what I saw of the first video, they did manage to get cuffs on one of his hands. Before he broke free and took off.

Then there is the second video taken from a camera on the top of a pole when the cops caught him again. In none of it was he allowing the cops to cuff him again. Despite the beatings. Apparently the cops got fed up, stood him up and really beat him. I doubt very much if they wanted to beat him to the point that he would die 3 days later. But if you play that game, you take your chances. Like it or not, suspects don't get to decide on whether or not they get arrested. On that last point, do you agree or disagree.
Why would I support a cop who steps back and kicks a man in the head while he is being held down by 3 other guys?

When I was 18 I got jumped by 3 guys and one of them did exactly that to me with a steel toed boot. That fucking cop is no different

Last edited:

;;

Hopefully, the truth will come out at the trial.

Most people were horrified by the amount of force that was used against Mr. Nichols.

I think that the cops will receive very long sentences.

Cops are not angels.

But if you had to deal day in and day out with many of the most defiant and arrogant and violent individuals that cops meet every single day, you would quit that job the same day.

Can you possibly imagine what life would be like without cops? (Life is already bad enough with them!!!)

Go suck a bag of dicks.

I tend to ignore you for the most part. Why? Because even though you often identify political topics which deserve discussion and even though you often take the side I tend to agree with, your style of argument is muddy. You tend (too often) to just bloviate with irrational factoids.

If you ever wish to post a point of view on a topic of general interest and find it within your abilities to do so in a factually accurate and logical manner, maybe we can talk further.

Or not. But just saying something more or less conservative.
youre telling me to respect the cops authority,, so how does respect have nothing to do with it??

No I didn’t. Quote that.
why is it you keep avoiding that running from a cop doesnt justify killing them???
Huh? I said it’s ok to run from the cops under some circumstances. But I didn’t ever say it was ok to kill a cop. I don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s also not ok — as I said — for a cop to use so much force on a person he may be arresting that the suspect dies.
thats what this discussion is about that you keep avoiding,,
It still isn’t clear what you now claim this discussion is about. You don’t write all that clearly.

Hopefully, the truth will come out at the trial.

Most people were horrified by the amount of force that was used against Mr. Nichols.

I think that the cops will receive very long sentences.

Cops are not angels.

But if you had to deal day in and day out with many of the most defiant and arrogant and violent individuals that cops meet every single day, you would quit that job the same day.

Can you possibly imagine what life would be like without cops? (Life is already bad enough with them!!!)
cops seldom if ever stop crimes,, they just show up later to clean up the mess,,

if they didnt exist there would be a lot more dead criminals and that would cause the other criminals to think twice,,

just putting them in jail seldom stops criminal intent, death does,,

Go suck a bag of dicks.

I tend to ignore you for the most part. Why? Because even though you often identify political topics which deserve discussion and even though you often take the side I tend to agree with, your style of argument is muddy. You tend (too often) to just bloviate with irrational factoids.

If you ever wish to post a point of view on a topic of general interest and find it within your abilities to do so in a factually accurate and logical manner, maybe we can talk further.

Or not. But just saying something more or less conservative.

No I didn’t. Quote that.

Huh? I said it’s ok to run from the cops under some circumstances. But I didn’t ever say it was ok to kill a cop. I don’t know what you’re talking about. It’s also not ok — as I said — for a cop to use so much force on a person he may be arresting that the suspect dies.

It still isn’t clear what you now claim this discussion is about. You don’t write all that clearly.
I have since the begging of our discussion made it about is running from cops justify killing them and all youve done is dodge that question,,,

sounds like you are already sucking a bag of cop dicks,,

So? People plead guilty all the time to avoid the inherent risks of having a jury find them guilty.

As an old judge of mine used to say, “before a trial, a defendant can get the benefits of a plea. After a trial, the defendant can get the benefit of JUSTICE!”
youre dodging my question again,,

Forum List

Back