Tyrell pulls out knife, cop shoots him dead

Why didn't he drop it or why did he pull it out of his pocket in the first place. If somebody sticks
3 1/2" of pocket knife in your gut, you going to say, "Thank God he didn't shoot me"?
It wasn't even close to anybody's gut. And he wasn't threatening anybody with it.
Just a black man holding a pocket knife in his hand. And they killed him for it.
Yeah it’s murder. Why aren’t cops taught to deescalate situations like this? It seems they shoot first ask questions later. WTF!

You go "deescalate' some uppity doped-up crazy guy with a knife, then let me know how it worked out for you.
You guys are nuts. The cop confronts the guy and shoots him all in less than 10 seconds. WTF!

Why didn't he drop it or why did he pull it out of his pocket in the first place. If somebody sticks
3 1/2" of pocket knife in your gut, you going to say, "Thank God he didn't shoot me"?
It wasn't even close to anybody's gut. And he wasn't threatening anybody with it.
Just a black man holding a pocket knife in his hand. And they killed him for it.
Yeah it’s murder. Why aren’t cops taught to deescalate situations like this? It seems they shoot first ask questions later. WTF!

You go "deescalate' some uppity doped-up crazy guy with a knife, then let me know how it worked out for you.
You guys are nuts. The cop confronts the guy and shoots him all in less than 10 seconds. WTF!

That cop was on top of his game. Even police officers are feeling the ammo shortage, and have to make every shot count.

The loiterer is simply having an epiphany, and is further evidence that his ancestors were removed from Africa for more than simply slave-trade profit.

It’s general BLM rules that police must be stabbed at least once first before shooting second

Serious question - when does the personal responsibility of these blacks actually kick in?
Better question - When did the police become judge, jury, and executioner?

Hate to break it to ya, but law-enforcement officers have every right to protect themselves. That's why they carry guns.

Did you really think the police are armed in order to protect you? As an armed citizen who carries every day, I would do the same: Either put down the knife or immediately get deaded.

A knife is a weapon and this guy had it out and ready to use. Try this, stand in front of an armed policeman with a white man. Have the white man pull out a knife just like this one and wave it around. See if the policeman lets him do it without telling him to put it down. Also see what happens if he refuses to put it down.

How would you "deescalate" that situation?

Figure it out.

Figure it out.
You asked why cops are not taught to "deescalate" situations like this.

1. Who says they are not?
2. They attempted to reduce the threat level to everyone in the situation by demanding that the suspect disarm himself. The suspect refused to do so.

Therefore, it is natural to ask how YOU would "deescalate" that situation. What would you do that the cops did not do? Keep in mind that you don't know what the suspect is going to do, all you know is he is armed and is demonstrating that he is willing to maintain or increase the threat level.

Figure it out.
You asked why cops are not taught to "deescalate" situations like this.

1. Who says they are not?
2. They attempted to reduce the threat level to everyone in the situation by demanding that the suspect disarm himself. The suspect refused to do so.

Therefore, it is natural to ask how YOU would "deescalate" that situation. What would you do that the cops did not do? Keep in mind that you don't know what the suspect is going to do, all you know is he is armed and is demonstrating that he is willing to maintain or increase the threat level.
Oh please.

Forum List

Back