U.S. Added 292,000 Jobs In December:

holy smokes, what a freaking shocker eh. jobs always goes up in December with hiring or temporary workers for the Christmas holidays.
Except the 292,000 is seasonally adjusted to remove that temporary hiring. But you knew that already because you are a know-it-all.

I've noticed how the Right lies. Anyone who's ever watched Fox News for more than 30 minutes knows exactly what I'm talking about. Fox is a loudspeaker for Roger Ailes.
Good, that's half the battle, now if you'd just kick that "taking Democrat Party propaganda intravenously 20 times a day" habit you have, you might be able to see that the "left" is just as full of shit as the "right" is.:)

"All lies and jests, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest." -- Paul Simon

What is their pay? Are part time jobs on the rise because their full time job reduced their hours in response to AFA? You should be sorry and Dem facts should make you cry.
You have no idea about any of this.

You have nothing beyond specious comments based on what lies between your ears. Provide some substance.
My comments and facts reveal the reality. Yours do not.

Based on what supporting data other than what lies between your ears?

It could be 2017, easily, before things really settle in China. And it could be late 2016 or 2017 before our energy sector rebounds.
Personally I suspect it's going to take longer than that for China to get it's act together (i.e. years), their government can't seem to stop itself from interfering in the equities markets and thus are just prolonging the pain of working off all the Mal-investment that has been built up there, you have to admit the speculation in the Chinese Equities Market has been absolutely INSANE, time to pay the piper folks.

Slow going for a while, maybe not many places to make money.
Always places to make money, they're just going to be harder to find for a while IMHO; as long as you can avoid becoming the victim of fear and/or greed I think one can do okay in U.S. equities even in this highly volatile climate.

"The way to make money is to buy when blood is running in the streets." -- John D. Rockefeller

I wouldn't crow about the economy just yet.

There are some significant deflationary pressures out there, some important numbers (such as durable goods, production/capacity utilization, business inventories) are looking crappy, and China's problems aren't over. Plus the 10-year bond is back down to freaking 2.12, holy crap. I've seen predictions of 1.60, even worse.

If we make it to July or August unscathed I'll feel better.

Good points Mac, it's a good news-bad news situation, the strong job numbers in December (fueling speculation that the fed will raise rates again soon) coupled with the fact that the Chinese Equities Markets are a complete mess right now and due to government interference cannot effectively carry out price discovery is going to IMHO sting U.S. financial markets badly for at least the first quarter.

Right now it looks like the U.S. economy is the best house in a really shitty neighborhood and it's looking like the risk of another global recession is growing rapidly, time to batten down the hatches until the picture gets a bit clearer I suppose. :)

So I should do what with my wife's IRA's?

I've noticed how the Right lies. Anyone who's ever watched Fox News for more than 30 minutes knows exactly what I'm talking about. Fox is a loudspeaker for Roger Ailes.
You got a little spittle on your "I HATE FOX NEWS" baby bib. But it didn't make phoney numbers worthwhile.

There are some significant deflationary pressures out there, some important numbers (such as durable goods, production/capacity utilization, business inventories) are looking crappy, and China's problems aren't over. Plus the 10-year bond is back down to freaking 2.12, holy crap. I've seen predictions of 1.60, even worse.

Good points Mac, it's a good news-bad news situation, the strong job numbers in December (fueling speculation that the fed will raise rates again soon) coupled with the fact that the Chinese Equities Markets are a complete mess right now and due to government interference cannot effectively carry out price discovery is going to IMHO sting U.S. financial markets badly for at least the first quarter.

Right now it looks like the U.S. economy is the best house in a really shitty neighborhood and it's looking like the risk of another global recession is growing rapidly, time to batten down the hatches until the picture gets a bit clearer I suppose. :)

Same thing you should always do, invest with your head not with your heart fear and greed are your enemies. Do your own homework, always have an entry and exit strategy, keep a detailed trade journal, objectively analyze risk-reward , make a plan and then stick to it; it's not rocket science.

The official UE is what counts, and right now it is at 5%.

LFRP reflects those who are not working; retirees, particularly the Boomers; lame, crazy, sick, and so forth; those who do not want or wish to work; and those who do want to work, which is between 7.5 and 9.0 million.

Fact one: more jobs have been created in 2014 and 2015 than in any two year period in more than twenty years.

Fact two: more people are working in America at one time now than any other time in our history.

Are part time jobs on the rise because their full time job reduced their hours in response to AFA?
Based on what supporting data other than what lies between your ears?
You gotta just love the arrogance of the Right! They make a false statement with no proof, but demand proof from others.

PT jobs for economic reasons have DECLINED from 9,233,000 when the ACA passed to 6,022,000 today.

The only PT jobs that have increased are the workers who only want to work PT, mostly students and retirees who cut their own hours once they started receiving their SS benefits.

Last edited:
great news ... but everyone knows the unemployment rate is 92% ... just ask any RW'r

:laugh:

Same thing you should always do, invest with your head not with your heart fear and greed are your enemies. Do your own homework, always have an entry and exit strategy, keep a detailed trade journal, objectively analyze risk-reward , make a plan and then stick to it; it's not rocket science.

LMAO!!

Another soon-to-be Donald Trump

donald-trump-is-still-soaring-in-iowa--but-there-are-now-some-clear-warning-signs.jpg

Last edited:

LMAO!!

Wow, What a biting a retort, hope you didn't break too many crayons coming up with that one. :rolleyes:

"People have nothing to say, but they are afraid of saying nothing, so what they do say comes out flat and vapid and meaningless." -- William S. Burroughs

LMAO!!

Wow, What a biting a retort, hope you didn't break too many crayons coming up with that one. :rolleyes:

"People have nothing to say, but they are afraid of saying nothing, so what they do say comes out flat and vapid and meaningless." -- William S. Burroughs
That's what ya get for trying to help!

The official UE is what counts, and right now it is at 5%.

LFRP reflects those who are not working; retirees, particularly the Boomers; lame, crazy, sick, and so forth; those who do not want or wish to work; and those who do want to work, which is between 7.5 and 9.0 million.

Fact one: more jobs have been created in 2014 and 2015 than in any two year period in more than twenty years.

Fact two: more people are working in America at one time now than any other time in our history.

f93543b5698b8b231cee8ea8d90d07cf.jpg

No matter what either side says, the economy has recovered quite well from the recession compared to the rest of the world.

Forum List

Back