U.S. Capitol Police to Be Sued for $10 Million for Killing Unarmed Rioter

I've been condemning violence, rioting, looting and burning from both sides for quite a while, hun. You just choose to ignore it. That's on you in your ignorance. :)
then say it, I condemn violence on both sides. I do. why can't you?
I have...several times. And you know it.
just write it right now. I condemn all violence.

I have yet to see you condemn right wing violence, racists murders, at all. When will the right condemn the thug militias, attempts to start a race war, and the murders in houses of worship of all denominations?

Write it down. I condemn White Supremacy, racism, and hate crimes against minorities.
I'd like to see that also.

And what makes you think you are privy to the details of their actions?

Lawsuits are public records.

Lawsuits are filed in civil courts, and the documents filed in these civil cases are presumed to be open to the public. ... In some cases the courts are even posting electronic copies of court documents filed in the cases that you can view on the website for the court.

Let me ask you. It's been a week, and I haven't heard anything of them actually filing a lawsuit.

What gives?

There is a thing called "time", and it takes some of that to get the ball rolling.

Time? It's been over a week.
It's not like there's new evidence they have to wait for.

They can't just send in an essay on college rule notebook paper can they? It takes time to prepare a case, it takes time for the process to work. We call that "bureaucracy."

It is wrong and irresponsible to ever point any gun at anyone who was not already threatening others with a visible weapon.
Yeah, and Babbit was unarmed. The officer did not assess the threat. He just pulled the trigger.
Let me ask you. It's been a week, and I haven't heard anything of them actually filing a lawsuit.

What gives?
It's a fund-raising scam so far. They can see how easy marks the orange cultists are.

Lawsuits are public records.

Lawsuits are filed in civil courts, and the documents filed in these civil cases are presumed to be open to the public. ... In some cases the courts are even posting electronic copies of court documents filed in the cases that you can view on the website for the court.

See previous response.

They can't just send in an essay on college rule notebook paper can they? It takes time to prepare a case, it takes time for the process to work. We call that "bureaucracy."

Maybe they should have waited until they had the complaint before telling everybody they would be filing a complaint.

In case you want to read what they file, it's public.

When they eventually get around to it. If ever.

George Floyd threatened no one and was murdered in public for the crime of being too big to fit into the back of the cruiser.

George Floyd resisted arrest, he overdosed on fentanyl. He had a rap sheet a mile long. He was a violent offender.

The knee did not kill him. Basic human anatomy will tell you the spine will stop the compression of the airway if force is applied to the back of the neck.

Maybe they should have waited until they had the complaint before telling everybody they would be filing a complaint.

In case you want to read what they file, it's public.

When they eventually get around to it. If ever.

Grammar is important.

"Would be"

Meaning it hasn't been filed yet. It implies that action will be forthcoming, on a set timetable that does not adhere to yours.

George Floyd threatened no one and was murdered in public for the crime of being too big to fit into the back of the cruiser.

George Floyd resisted arrest, he overdosed on fentanyl. He had a rap sheet a mile long. He was a violent offender.

The knee did not kill him. Basic human anatomy will tell you the spine will stop the compression of the airway if force is applied to the back of the neck.
Funny how 12 good jurors after actually sitting thru a trial disagree with your "expert" opinion.

Grammar is important.

"Would be"

Meaning it hasn't been filed yet. It implies that action will be forthcoming, on a set timetable that does not adhere to yours.

Most people when they say they are filing a lawsuit, do so within days of announcing their intentions.

It's been over a week, and they only thing they did was get peoples hopes up.

Funny how 12 good jurors after actually sitting thru a trial disagree with your "expert" opinion.

And what of yours?

Bad officers harm everyone.
Bad officers would not exist unless the wealthy elite who control our government, wanted them to do that, in order to intimidate the masses into accepting the abuses of rights.
you're fked in your head dude. wow.

Would do us all well to stop responding to him.

Way ahead of you, my friend.

I never thought I would have this much fun on the board today. Not by a long shot!

Grammar is important.

"Would be"

Most people when they say they are filing a lawsuit, do so within days of announcing their intentions.

It's been over a week, and they only thing they did was get peoples hopes up.

"Within days"

Meaning it could be 3 days or 10. It doesn't have to be a set amount of time, like you think it is.

You mean one of these?

Sure. It has to be my "expert opinion."

Or it could be contaminating biases among a set of people tasked with rendering an fair and just verdict.

Oh come on. Would you condemn the Boston Tea Party because it was rioting and looting, or would you say it was justified due to the unfair taxation without representation?

No. Because that was a victimless form of protest. No British harmed or killed.

Although it's relevant to note that some of the Founding Fathers DID condemn it at the time, feeling that destruction of other people's property was inappropriate to their cause. Notably, Benjamin Franklin insisted that the British East India Company should be reimbursed for the loss of their cargo.

Oh come on. Would you condemn the Boston Tea Party because it was rioting and looting, or would you say it was justified due to the unfair taxation without representation?

No. Because that was a victimless form of protest. No British harmed or killed.

Although it's relevant to note that some of the Founding Fathers DID condemn it at the time, feeling that destruction of other people's property was inappropriate to their cause. Notably, Benjamin Franklin insisted that the British East India Company should be reimbursed for the loss of their cargo.

True.

Forum List

Back