U.S. government sues to block vouchers in some Louisiana school systems

The purpose of the Louisiana voucher system is to destroy what remains of the the public school system and move the remainder of the students into private schools. This is a process that began in the 1960's when white parents moved their students into private schools to escape integration. Louisiana has consistently ranked 49th to 50th in their quality of public educations. I suspect that Louisiana will be the first state to abandon public education in favor of private schools and will probably provide some of the best education in the country, for those that can afford it.
No the purpose is to allow poor students the same opportunities mddle class students have. Why do you hate poor black children?

Why does Holder hate black people??? Seriously you'd think he'd want blacks to go to good schools.

An educated populace can support themselves and don't need the government to provide for them. Self reliance is a problem for the Democratic Party.

When your dealing with a finite amount of money, why should taxpayers fund private corporate schools?

Why does Holder hate black people??? Seriously you'd think he'd want blacks to go to good schools.

An educated populace can support themselves and don't need the government to provide for them. Self reliance is a problem for the Democratic Party.

When your dealing with a finite amount of money, why should taxpayers fund private corporate schools?

Since when does the far left see other peoples money as finite?

Because private corporate schools do a better job than the government. How long does it take people to realize that the government does a horrible job at everything they do?

So a school's "racial balance" is more important than allowing poor black kids to go to a better school.

What a fucked up thing to do to a kid.

This just doesn't stop, does it? If the PC Police actually gave a shit, they're put higher emphasis on the child's education than on what happens to be the color of their freakin' skin.

Madness. Blacks continue to be victimized by those who claim to "care".

It's a condemnation of Republicans pushing 'Lilly white' campuses, after all, look where Jindal went to school.

So a school's "racial balance" is more important than allowing poor black kids to go to a better school.

This just doesn't stop, does it? If the PC Police actually gave a shit, they're put higher emphasis on the child's education than on what happens to be the color of their freakin' skin.

It's a condemnation of Republicans pushing 'Lilly white' campuses, after all, look where Jindal went to school.
I don't care about the Republicans, I don't care about Jindal, and you avoided my point.

If those give students the best chance to succeed, then that is reason enough (as long as the gov is taking our money anyway).

Because private corporate schools do a better job than the government. How long does it take people to realize that the government does a horrible job at everything they do?

Which private corporate school did you attend?
I went to one for a couple years. The average intelligence was dramatically different when I went to a public school. I was at least a grade ahead of 90 percent of the people there and the lack of desire to learn was apparent. Public schools fail when compared with private. When government controls things it takes away from the capitalist model and removes the push to makes things better.

What I find so ironic about this is that these racial "balancing" provisions were put in place with the intention of giving poor black kids a better education and now they're using those same laws to keep them in bad schools.

My question is why doesn't the State close the failing schools? Aren't they enabling this shit.

I went to one for a couple years. The average intelligence was dramatically different when I went to a public school. I was at least a grade ahead of 90 percent of the people there and the lack of desire to learn was apparent. Public schools fail when compared with private. When government controls things it takes away from the capitalist model and removes the push to makes things better.

With the exception of my MBA, all the schools I attended were publicly supported. I have more money than you, so I win.

What I find so ironic about this is that these racial "balancing" provisions were put in place with the intention of giving poor black kids a better education and now they're using those same laws to keep them in bad schools.

My question is why doesn't the State close the failing schools? Aren't they enabling this shit.

In many ways yes, by allowing the unions to control the teachers..

The purpose of the Louisiana voucher system is to destroy what remains of the the public school system and move the remainder of the students into private schools. This is a process that began in the 1960's when white parents moved their students into private schools to escape integration. Louisiana has consistently ranked 49th to 50th in their quality of public educations. I suspect that Louisiana will be the first state to abandon public education in favor of private schools and will probably provide some of the best education in the country, for those that can afford it.

Good. Vouchers mean everyone can afford it.

Forum List

Back