U.S. government sues to block vouchers in some Louisiana school systems

My question is why doesn't the State close the failing schools? Aren't they enabling this shit.

Schools fail because of lack of funding. Fund the schools if you want better education.
Mesa AZ $6855/pupil (2005 dollars)77.1% graduation rate
Detroit MI $19,529/pupil 24.9% graduation rate
Nashville TN $9,160/pupil 77% graduation rate
Indianapolis, IN $14,428/pupil 30.5% graduation rate.

Care to rethink that?
You're cherry picking. Take a look at the best states.
The state Iowa graduation rate is 88% and no ethnic group fell below 73%. The cost per student is $9,700

Texas graduated 86 percent of its students. It boasted the highest Latino and Black high school graduation rates, at 82 percent and 81 percent, respectively. The cost per student $8,700.

The state of Tennessee graduates 86% of their students. The cost per student is $8,100.

Education Spending Per Student by State
And Yes, I cherry picked. I picked 2 high spending, low success rate cities and 2 low spending and high success cities to show lack of correlation. Feel free to look at the chart I linked to and see if you can find the relationship I've missed.

My question is why doesn't the State close the failing schools? Aren't they enabling this shit.

Schools fail because of lack of funding. Fund the schools if you want better education.

Typical liberal response, check the funding behind some of the most miserable school systems in the country, many are receiving more per student than some of the best in the country. Utah is a great example of getting better results with some of the lowest per student spending. Quality parents and teachers are more important than money.

Has anyone posted the text of the lawsuit?

Sorry for being lazy.

A Michigan study shows that there is no correlation between either spending per pupil or teachers salary and quality of education
This report examines about 50 years of expenditure between the 40's and 1993. There is no student performance data presented for the period, only dropout rates in 1993 and statements concerning low SAT scores.

In short the report is out of date and the conclusion that there is no correlation between spending and quality of education is not substantiated nor claimed.

Then you didn't read it.
Screen shots from pages 9 and 10 of the linked .pdf:
MI_SS1.png
MI_SS.png
See credit in second shot.

Thanks for letting us know you're nothing but another mindless partisan puke.

If you have any information on a Republican that has helped the middle class prosper, please post it.

You got the attention you wanted as a partisan douche, no need to belabor the point.

I'll make it easy. Can you name a Republican in the last 45 years that wrote or sponsored a bill that benefited the middle class and/or poor without giving a huge jump to the rich?

the civil rights bill was passed by republicans in spite of democrat fillibusters.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964?

Force the vouchers to take ALL kids, even those that have a history of disrupting the classroom. If they can't make all the kids scholars as some of the idiots who could never teach want,. Then close the school. Anyone who blames only the schools and teachers is a total idiot who thinks that the kids just show up and yearn to learn. I wouldn't be a teacher down there(Louisiana or Alabama or Mississippi, etch) because they are so far behind the times its kinda sad. Send all the problem children to the voucher schools and by no means can they be expelled no matter what they do. Then let's see how it goes.

Well you claim you are part of the one percent and support the far left mantra that the rich should pay their fair share.

So when are you going to do your part and not take advantage of the tax loopholes? When are you going to give all your money to the poor and back up that which you support?

I do my part. I have more than 300 employees, none of which make less than $23.50/hr. Now do your part and vote out Republicans. Your kids and Grand kids will thank you.

I have very little problem with the voucher system. If this gives students a better chance at success in life than I am all for it.

It's the individual that makes success, not the school or the voucher. The voucher program was invented by Republicans to shuffle taxpayer funds to private companies.

Why should they fund failed public schools when there is a viable alternative. Are you afraid the public schools couldn't compete, or are you afraid that the teachers' unions would be decimated and unable to contribute to Democrat candidates?

Isn't the viable alternative the reason some believe that we have failed public schools? The question you have to ask yourself is where you went to school, and didn't you turn out well?

Mesa AZ $6855/pupil (2005 dollars)77.1% graduation rate
Detroit MI $19,529/pupil 24.9% graduation rate
Nashville TN $9,160/pupil 77% graduation rate
Indianapolis, IN $14,428/pupil 30.5% graduation rate.

Care to rethink that?

It's called socioeconomic conditions. Mesa and Nashville are rich communities, where Detroit and Indy aren't.

Typical liberal response, check the funding behind some of the most miserable school systems in the country, many are receiving more per student than some of the best in the country. Utah is a great example of getting better results with some of the lowest per student spending. Quality parents and teachers are more important than money.

Quality parents and teachers are important, but the highest cost per pupil have the most need for school infrastructure.

Quality parents and teachers are important, but the highest cost per pupil have the most need for school infrastructure.

So where does the money go, if not infrastructure, equipment or teachers? I think if you really look at the schools systems with outrageous per student spending you'll find a very top heavy, well paid administrative staff.

Force the vouchers to take ALL kids, even those that have a history of disrupting the classroom. If they can't make all the kids scholars as some of the idiots who could never teach want,. Then close the school. Anyone who blames only the schools and teachers is a total idiot who thinks that the kids just show up and yearn to learn. I wouldn't be a teacher down there(Louisiana or Alabama or Mississippi, etch) because they are so far behind the times its kinda sad. Send all the problem children to the voucher schools and by no means can they be expelled no matter what they do. Then let's see how it goes.

So you want to impose the same rules that make the public schools fail on private schools? You obviously give a damn about the kids. You're only concern is propping up a failed government institution. You're a despicable piece of shit who would sacrifice the futures of millions of children for the sake of your political agenda.

Last edited:

That's just stupid. Talk about missing the point...

Forum List

Back