U.S. Marine Banned From Wearing Dress Blues for HS Graduation

How many high schools have plaques honoring the fallen in battle? Thousand across this nation. This kid is on active duty...he might be dead by the end of the year, end of the month, end of the week, or the end of today. Let him have the right to wear his dress blues at his graduation. Wonder how many people on the school board, in Lake County, Indiana...which voted 69% Obama in 2012 and 59% for Hillary...have ever worn the uniform.

You haters of America's military....

Hitler lost.
Get over it.

I have not seen anyone in this thread express any hatred of the military. Where are you getting that?

Exactly. I see claims of "honor" followed by lies.
Fuck that robe and square fucking hat. Fuck the principle and the school board. This is why the uniform of our nation supercedes all that:
Chance Phelps

Fuck everyone but the Marine, huh? Nevermind the traditions and rules, its all about the kid who wants to stand out.

No.

Hitler lost.
Get over it.

I have not seen anyone in this thread express any hatred of the military. Where are you getting that?

Fuck that robe and square fucking hat. Fuck the principle and the school board. This is why the uniform of our nation supercedes all that:
Chance Phelps

First, it is spelled "principal", and it was not his decision. Wrong answer.
thanks...hot under the collar.

Hitler lost.
Get over it.

Chance Phelps

Fuck everyone but the Marine, huh? Nevermind the traditions and rules, its all about the kid who wants to stand out.

No.
He already stands out...he is a United States Marine. Sadly he might stand out even more if he comes home in a casket.

Hitler lost.
Get over it.

Link it.
Chance Phelps
Read the story

The school has protocol for this.

The US Marine Corps has no interest in this matter.

The RW outrage crew looks for reasons to be offended FOR OTHERS every day.
Chance Phelps

What does that have to do with what we are discussing?

More deflection from the fact that you are wrong? It's OK. You are allowed to be wrong ocassionally.
I am right. Going to write my representatives in the Congress on this. Think it's time to get the ball rolling on petition drive for this.

Hitler lost.
Get over it.

Chance Phelps

No.
He already stands out...he is a United States Marine. Sadly he might stand out even more if he comes home in a casket.

Hyperbole seems to be all you have on this topic.

Hitler lost.
Get over it.

Chance Phelps

No.

Yes he might. And that will be a sad day. But it does not mean the school has to change its traditions for him.

Chance Phelps

No.

Hyperbole seems to be all you have on this topic.
The topic is "my opinion."

Link it.
Chance Phelps
Read the story

Chance Phelps

More deflection from the fact that you are wrong? It's OK. You are allowed to be wrong ocassionally.
I am right. Going to write my representatives in the Congress on this. Think it's time to get the ball rolling on petition drive for this.

Federal law would have no bearing on this as it is not a federal government interest in the dress code for a high school graduation. What you are proposing is illegal in the first place.

Go ahead and waste your time, Rail against local control of schools. Rail against centuries of tradition. Just be an flaming asshole if you want. The liberals will love you for advocating their idiocy.

Chance Phelps

No.

Yes he might. And that will be a sad day. But it does not mean the school has to change its traditions for him.
He was the only kid in his class on active duty. He graduated early and went to boot camp. He should be an example to the graduating class on service to country.

Link it.
Chance Phelps
Read the story

Chance Phelps

Federal law would have no bearing on this as it is not a federal government interest in the dress code for a high school graduation. What you are proposing is illegal in the first place.

Go ahead and waste your time, Rail against local control of schools. Rail against centuries of tradition. Just be an flaming asshole if you want. The liberals will love you for advocating their idiocy.
With all do respect sir...something like this has been done in the past.
Watch Full Episodes Online of Constitution USA with Peter Sagal on PBS | Protesting Funerals: The First Amendment Put to the Test

Chance Phelps

No.

He was the only kid in his class on active duty. He graduated early and went to boot camp. He should be an example to the graduating class on service to country.

So? Tradition and the school said that he wears the cap and gown. We have had the same rule at every school where I have taught for the past twenty years.

He can be an example at his Senior awards ceremony of baccalaureate program. At graduation, he needs to wear the cap and gown he earned.

I already explained that my daughter and I both graduated college in our uniforms worn UNDER the cap and gown.

Why is that not good enough?

Chance Phelps
Read the story

Chance Phelps

Watch Full Episodes Online of Constitution USA with Peter Sagal on PBS | Protesting Funerals: The First Amendment Put to the Test

Have you been abusing mind-altering substances?

Please explain what any of this has to do with the discussion. Your pathetic attempts at deflection are worthy of a Hillary-loving liberal. I am sure you are not, so why are you being so ridiculous?

Chance Phelps

No.

Law's at federal level have been put into effect in the past.

Chance Phelps

No.

Law's at federal level have been put into effect in the past.

Oh, please! Go somewhere and sleep it off! You are babbling now.

Have you been abusing mind-altering substances?

Please explain what any of this has to do with the discussion. Your pathetic attempts at deflection are worthy of a Hillary-loving liberal. I am sure you are not, so why are you being so ridiculous?
Funerals are a state controlled activity. But federal law was passed with regards to men and women in uniform. The policy of the school is wrong...in my opinion. Why can't you see that? Watch the Constitution video through to the end sir. I agree with you and winter on keeping fed out of local affairs. But this young Marine is on active duty. What he has done by graduating early and serving his nation is exceptional. His graduation from Paris Island trumps school policy.

I see both sides of this argument.

Graduation is supposed to be the celebration of your children's educational achievements and to have it over shadowed by one individual receiving unique attention when it is supposed to be a unified group celebration could be frustrating to some parents. Especially parents with children who struggled to get to this point.

I also see the flip side of the coin.

Forum List

Back