U.S. Marine Banned From Wearing Dress Blues for HS Graduation

Fuck that robe and square fucking hat. Fuck the principle and the school board. This is why the uniform of our nation supercedes all that:
Chance Phelps

Fuck everyone but the Marine, huh? Nevermind the traditions and rules, its all about the kid who wants to stand out.

No.
He already stands out...he is a United States Marine. Sadly he might stand out even more if he comes home in a casket.

Yes he might. And that will be a sad day. But it does not mean the school has to change its traditions for him.
Law's at federal level have been put into effect in the past.

Watch Full Episodes Online of Constitution USA with Peter Sagal on PBS | Protesting Funerals: The First Amendment Put to the Test

Oh, please! Go somewhere and sleep it off! You are babbling now.
Sir I think you are having a "Navy" moment because he is a highly motivated Devil Dog.

I see both sides of this argument.

Graduation is supposed to be the celebration of your children's educational achievements and to have it over shadowed by one individual receiving unique attention when it is supposed to be a unified group celebration could be frustrating to some parents. Especially parents with children who struggled to get to this point.

I also see the flip side of the coin.

what other side of the coin? alls students wear graduation gowns... unless it's a military institution like west point.

What does that have to do with what we are discussing?

More deflection from the fact that you are wrong? It's OK. You are allowed to be wrong ocassionally.
I am right. Going to write my representatives in the Congress on this. Think it's time to get the ball rolling on petition drive for this.

Federal law would have no bearing on this as it is not a federal government interest in the dress code for a high school graduation. What you are proposing is illegal in the first place.

Go ahead and waste your time, Rail against local control of schools. Rail against centuries of tradition. Just be an flaming asshole if you want. The liberals will love you for advocating their idiocy.
With all do respect sir...something like this has been done in the past.
Watch Full Episodes Online of Constitution USA with Peter Sagal on PBS | Protesting Funerals: The First Amendment Put to the Test

Have you been abusing mind-altering substances?

Please explain what any of this has to do with the discussion. Your pathetic attempts at deflection are worthy of a Hillary-loving liberal. I am sure you are not, so why are you being so ridiculous?
Funerals are a state controlled activity. But federal law was passed with regards to men and women in uniform. The policy of the school is wrong...in my opinion. Why can't you see that? Watch the Constitution video through to the end sir. I agree with you and winter on keeping fed out of local affairs. But this young Marine is on active duty. What he has done by graduating early and serving his nation is exceptional. His graduation from Paris Island trumps school policy.

As I said, stop babbling. A First Amendment issue is not at stake here. Go sleep it off you old jarhead!

Maybe you will see it clearer after you take a good long nap.

Fuck that robe and square fucking hat. Fuck the principle and the school board. This is why the uniform of our nation supercedes all that:
Chance Phelps

Fuck everyone but the Marine, huh? Nevermind the traditions and rules, its all about the kid who wants to stand out.

No.
He already stands out...he is a United States Marine. Sadly he might stand out even more if he comes home in a casket.

Yes he might. And that will be a sad day. But it does not mean the school has to change its traditions for him.

When I was in the Corps we always said the Navy was a department of the Marine Corps. Lol.

The sooner we are fully aware that the left are traitors worthy of a traitors death because they are 100%absolute enemies to this country (really all liberty) will be the day we need to organize to do what absolutely must be done.

I agree. These haters are beneath contempt and not worth our time. That's why I don't spend a lot of time here debating them. They ate the blue pill. They live in their ugly little hate America fantasy world.
I think you, Owl, and Bush ought to take a little pill called Thorazine. It might help with all of your psychotic delusions.

Graduation is supposed to be the celebration of your children's educational achievements and to have it over shadowed by one individual receiving unique attention when it is supposed to be a unified group celebration could be frustrating to some parents. Especially parents with children who struggled to get to this point.

what other side of the coin? alls students wear graduation gowns... unless it's a military institution like west point.
The boy may never come home. Give him his moment.

I am right. Going to write my representatives in the Congress on this. Think it's time to get the ball rolling on petition drive for this.

Federal law would have no bearing on this as it is not a federal government interest in the dress code for a high school graduation. What you are proposing is illegal in the first place.

Go ahead and waste your time, Rail against local control of schools. Rail against centuries of tradition. Just be an flaming asshole if you want. The liberals will love you for advocating their idiocy.

Please explain what any of this has to do with the discussion. Your pathetic attempts at deflection are worthy of a Hillary-loving liberal. I am sure you are not, so why are you being so ridiculous?
Funerals are a state controlled activity. But federal law was passed with regards to men and women in uniform. The policy of the school is wrong...in my opinion. Why can't you see that? Watch the Constitution video through to the end sir. I agree with you and winter on keeping fed out of local affairs. But this young Marine is on active duty. What he has done by graduating early and serving his nation is exceptional. His graduation from Paris Island trumps school policy.

As I said, stop babbling. A First Amendment issue is not at stake here. Go sleep it off you old jarhead!
Lol. Ok salty...we will never see eye-to-eye on this.

The sooner we are fully aware that the left are traitors worthy of a traitors death because they are 100%absolute enemies to this country (really all liberty) will be the day we need to organize to do what absolutely must be done.

I agree. These haters are beneath contempt and not worth our time. That's why I don't spend a lot of time here debating them. They ate the blue pill. They live in their ugly little hate America fantasy world.
I think you, Owl, and Bush ought to take a little pill called Thorazine. It might help with all of your psychotic delusions.
I think you should grow a spine.

No.

When I was in the Corps we always said the Navy was a department of the Marine Corps. Lol.

No.

MARINE stands for "My Ass Rides In Navy Equipment".

That's because you are wrong. I can look at this from the military side and the education side. You have what perspective?

Or if a federal law is passed for public schools that is specific to "active duty."

Lol! Did a lot of that.

That's because you are wrong. I can look at this from the military side and the education side. You have what perspective?
Both.

Squids are for kids and Popeye was a faggot. Lol.

Or if a federal law is passed for public schools that is specific to "active duty."

Where is the interest in getting this passed? You want to change hundreds of years of tradition for what reason?

My Congressman graduated from West Point. I doubt he would see any relevance to your side of the discussion, and he is somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun.

Squids are for kids and Popeye was a faggot. Lol.

OK, Gomer!

Where is the interest in getting this passed? You want to change hundreds of years of tradition for what reason?

My Congressman graduated from West Point. I doubt he would see any relevance to your side of the discussion, and he is somewhere to the right of Attila the Hun.
This place is a suburban area. Marines have hundreds of years of tradition 10 November 1775.

Both.

How many high school graduations have you attended? How long have you been a teacher? How long did you serve as an administrator? When you did you get your Master's degree in educational leadership?

The boy may never come home. Give him his moment.

high school graduation isn't his moment.

which isn't to say that his service shouldn't be respected. but he shouldn't use his uniform that way. seems a faux wing nut issue.

Forum List

Back