UAW Thugs Bully and Intimidate Non-Union Workers

So is smoking Pot during work hours... Wait... Nope!

Yes comrade tell us why you should NOT have ambition?

Drug use would be am immediate firing offense where I work. Even for Union employees.

I know where my limitations on my ambition are. Why would I waste my time and money getting another degree or working more hours than I have to when it's not going to earn any return on that investment?

Drug use would be am immediate firing offense where I work. Even for Union employees.

I know where my limitations on my ambition are. Why would I waste my time and money getting another degree or working more hours than I have to when it's not going to earn any return on that investment?

Yes comrade please explain..

Not in my company, we would suspend the employee and get them into a treatment programs and work with them, a second offense could end in a termination or suspension, depending on circumstances.

As far as your second statement, I consider an education as a good investment in myself, however to each his/her own.

You've got to be kidding!!! I work because I LIKE to work and I LIKE to produce. I get a sense of accomplishment. I don't do it to "brown nose" anyone. Just because you believe in being a sloth doesn't mean that everyone else must be as well. I go to work to EARN my paycheck ... not to "brown nose" the union bosses.

I work because I get paid. I have no interest in advancement, becoming a Supervisor or anything like that. I do my contractually obligated job and I go home at the end if the day. Anything beyond that requires additional compensation and will be based on my personal schedule availability.

Again, you put your fellow employees at risk of being forced to live up to YOUR standards rather than the contractual ones. It really sounds to me like you would be happier in a non-union position where your ambition might be seen as a positive rather than a negative.

Ambition in the union is seen as a negative?
No its not seen as a negative, like with any company some people are just happy with the job they have.

I didn't say do anything outside your job classification.

I asked is Ambition in the union a negative as you stated in an earlier post? Please don't play games, just answer.

I don't know how one has ambition in a job other than going above and beyond what is contractually obligated of them. That is referred to as doing work outside of your classification.

For example..... A former coworker of mine wanted to volunteer to assist in another area of work during storms. An area that we had finally gotten the Company to agree was NOT part of our work. He was very upset since it limited his chances for overtime. When he asked why he couldn't volunteer we told him that if he was allowed to it would create an precedent that people in our department did that work and the rest of us could then be FORCED to do it. After we'd just finally gotten the Company to agree that it WAS NOT our work.

Not in my company, we would suspend the employee and get them into a treatment programs and work with them, a second offense could end in a termination or suspension, depending on circumstances.

As far as your second statement, I consider an education as a good investment in myself, however to each his/her own.

Then I wouldn't work for your company. Druggies don't deserve to have jobs.

Life us about investment versus return. If another degree won't earn me any more money why waste the time, energy, and money?

Life us about investment versus return. If another degree won't earn me any more money why waste the time, energy, and money?

I wouldn't have you work at my company. People have issues and you help them, if they are on drugs, get them off the job, we do. Get them better, we may, or may not. If they get better, they pass a test, they are allowed to return to work, however we random test them or if we have suspicion we have them tested, then we consider options. I know of union companies that do the same.

Sports unions, unions for state workers are typically in line with companies like mine, but some are still in the dark ages when it comes to drug policies.

Life is investment and education enhances mine.

I didn't say do anything outside your job classification.

I asked is Ambition in the union a negative as you stated in an earlier post? Please don't play games, just answer.

I don't know how one has ambition in a job other than going above and beyond what is contractually obligated of them. That is referred to as doing work outside of your classification.

For example..... A former coworker of mine wanted to volunteer to assist in another area of work during storms. An area that we had finally gotten the Company to agree was NOT part of our work. He was very upset since it limited his chances for overtime. When he asked why he couldn't volunteer we told him that if he was allowed to it would create an precedent that people in our department did that work and the rest of us could then be FORCED to do it. After we'd just finally gotten the Company to agree that it WAS NOT our work.

I know union employees who get by, by barely doing their job or doing it poorly but not poorly enough to get fired, I guess, because they put up with the crap day in and day out. Union mentality is the reason I dislike them.

Last edited:
Sports unions, unions for state workers are typically in line with companies like mine, but some are still in the dark ages when it comes to drug policies.

That's why I wouldn't be part of a sports or Government union.

Life is an investment and money enhances mine.

Fuck you. If you drink or smoke, you're druggy, not to mention being a colossal hypocrite.

Fuck you. If you drink or smoke, you're druggy, not to mention being a colossal hypocrite.

What am I missing?

A smoker or a drinker is a druggie?

What am I missing?

Obviously. Alcohol and tobbaco are drugs.

What am I missing?

Obviously. Alcohol and tobbaco are drugs.

What are you repressing?

so all you anti-union people here......if you were out of work ....had a family to feed....and a job was offered for a nice wage and nice benefits ... but it was Union....are you guys saying you would not take it.....because its Union?....

That depends on the state one lives in, some areas if you want to work in that field you must join a union. So many do have the choice NOT to work for a union. I am about choice and the unions do not want to change, they want others to conform and change to them. That is why I say unions must go..

If they want to become competitive and also protect the businesses they have contracts with from the bad workers they allow in, then maybe I would change my mind.
you need a job Kosh.....and its Union.....do you take it or not?...i was bad mouthed for taking a job with the PO and...."gasp" joining the Union.....i guess i was expected to stay with the shit job i had at the time....

I do not need a job as I am self employed.

I was on an plane flying that never made it to it's intended destination as the union wanted the pilots to strike vs taking care of the passengers on the plane. And that was from European Union. The union mentality is not much different around the world, that I have noticed.

And in my area there are many good paying non-union jobs if I chose to go that route. With my background I can get a good non-union paying job pretty easily.

I would not condemn someone for taking a union job if that is all is available, but generally that means they live in a blue area.

That is why I am for real freedom of choice.
your dodging the question Kosh.....

AM I dodging a hypothetical question designed in an unrealistic scenario for me?
Kosh i dont care if your a fucking Millionaire....its a simple question for anti-Union people....if you needed a job,had a family to feed,would you take a good paying good benefit UNION job?....or would you pass just because its UNION..... .but dont feel bad,if you notice none of the anti-union people here have said anything.....i asked this before in a Union thread were i was being pushed around a circle by the anti-union people....no one answered the question in that one.....which told me....they would,but were waiting to see who would be the first one to reply......like i said.....silence.....at least you said something....

yea in the PO you are given a chance too.....unless you have been stealing from the mail....then you are gone.....

I am still amused by the radio station (formerly KUDO) which was owned by a union and got all pissy-assed when their staff tried to unionize. Appears some of the fired staff changed party affiliation just after that - proving that not all liberals are ineducable.

That's why I wouldn't be part of a sports or Government union.

Life is an investment and money enhances mine.

Education, enjoyment of career, family, religion and money help enhance mine. So I'm good right now.

Forum List

Back