UK Woman: Aborting My Baby With Down Syndrome “Was the Kindest Thing I Could Do”

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
I agree with this decision. This kid would have been a burden on himself and everyone else.

Woman Aborting My Baby With Down Syndrome Was the Kindest Thing I Could Do LifeNews.com

Oct 10 2014
In April 2011, Suzanne and her husband Tim found out they were pregnant with their second baby. They were overjoyed to add to their family and give their daughter, Delilah a brother. However, when they went in for a routine scan when Suzanne was 13 weeks, they found out their baby might have Down syndrome. Later tests confirmed that their son, who they named Oscar, had the genetic disorder.

Two days later, the test results were conclusive: our baby — a boy — had Down’s syndrome as well as a host of serious health defects including one with his heart which meant he had only a 1 per cent chance of survival. We were warned, even if he was born alive he’d be rushed to a special care baby unit, a very poorly little boy.

After discussing their options, they decided to “terminate” their baby at 15 weeks and three days. Suzanne said, “We, his parents, chose to end his life before it started.” They had an induction abortion and delivered Oscar after taking lethal pills to end his life, and bring on labor.

In the Daily Mail article, the reasons they had for killing their son was, he would be a burden to their family, and it was the kind thing to do because Oscar was destined to suffer. Then they said they didn’t share their story right away because they were worried about being judged.

The baby had a 1% chance of survival due to a heart defeat. It wasn't the Down Syndrome that made the decision, it was the fact that her child would be born a very sick little boy, and would die soon after.

I would do the same thing.

The baby had a 1% chance of survival due to a heart defeat. It wasn't the Down Syndrome that made the decision, it was the fact that her child would be born a very sick little boy, and would die soon after.

I believe you would do the same to a perfectly healthy "tissue".

The baby had a 1% chance of survival due to a heart defeat.

W-what was its heart defeated by?

This sounds like some pretty metaphysical stuff, I'm not sure we should get into it on the open forums lest prying eyes see too much.

I would not.

I would not.
Sorry to lash out at you like that. :(
This is bullshit and some of you may remember why I feel that way.
Anyhow- I'm out.

Have a good weekend! :beer:

Damn Shitspeeders for a second I thought I'd agree with you for once! Thank goodness I was wrong. :thup:

You're a terrible human being.

I would not.
Anyhow- I'm out.

I do know how you feel about the issue. For me I would not abort unless the baby was very ill or I would be injured. I would love to have a child some day.

I would not.
Anyhow- I'm out.

I do know how you feel about the issue. For me I would not abort unless the baby was very ill or I would be injured. I would love to have a child some day.
Just go down to the sperm bank and ask for the "Mr. H." vial. ;)

I can't argue with the family's logic. It's a decision only they could make and only they SHOULD make. Now I'm waiting for those will crop up momentarily to stomp on Governor Palin's family decision to go another route.

What part about proCHOICE do liberal greaseballs have trouble understanding? That is, when someone choice is not THEIR party's preferred "choice".

If the baby had so many health issues, would the baby have made it through the remainder of his mother's pregnancy if the abortion had not taken place?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Forum List

Back