🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Unborn right to life surpasses mother’s right to dignified death, court told

"The Health Service Executive (HSE) has said, because of its medical evidence that there is no reasonable prospect the foetus will survive if the treatment continues, the court should declare it is not unlawful to cease the treatment"

The above statement makes no sense!

It is just a double negative because the Irish law declares that the life of the fetus should be protected.

Since no amount of treatment can save the fetus, terminating the treatment would be lawful in this instance.
Your question is not the issue here.
Then don't respond to it. This is a discussion board. Who are you to say where the discussion may or may not lead?

Everyone's so eager to kill this unborn child rather than give it a chance of life. What a horrible society of murderers we've become. God have mercy.

"The Health Service Executive (HSE) has said, because of its medical evidence that there is no reasonable prospect the foetus will survive if the treatment continues, the court should declare it is not unlawful to cease the treatment"

It is just a double negative because the Irish law declares that the life of the fetus should be protected.

Since no amount of treatment can save the fetus, terminating the treatment would be lawful in this instance.
Then don't respond to it. This is a discussion board. Who are you to say where the discussion may or may not lead?
Because I have every right to tell you that you are astray.

I will continue to do so; don't like? Go away.

Since the unborn is very unlikely to survive in this occasion, then pull the plug.

'rook, the infinitesimal chance of a good birth does not outweigh the grief of the family.

And the mother, despite Holy Mother Church, is always paramount to the unborn when it comes to her health and survival.

Since the unborn is very unlikely to survive in this occasion, then pull the plug.
And you have every right to be wrong. I will continue to ask questions related to a topic as I please. If you don't understand the relevance of my question to the topic, it's not my problem.

Everyone's so eager to kill this unborn child rather than give it a chance of life. What a horrible society of murderers we've become. God have mercy.

Everyone is so eager to decide they know how to deal with a situation better than the people who are directly involved in it. They have the only the vaguest of information, take absolutely no responsibility for their nosiness and then sit back and tell themselves how morally superior they are. This is a matter for the family, others should do as they would want done to themselves and keep their unwanted noses out of it.

Everyone is so eager to decide they know how to deal with a situation better than the people who are directly involved in it. They have the only the vaguest of information, take absolutely no responsibility for their nosiness and then sit back and tell themselves how morally superior they are. This is a matter for the family, others should do as they would want done to themselves and keep their unwanted noses out of it.
^ Says the man who owns slaves in 1860.

And you have every right to be wrong. I will continue to ask questions related to a topic as I please. If you don't understand the relevance of my question to the topic, it's not my problem.
Immaterial. I will tell you what I think. Always. You may do the same, of course.

The question here is, "should the plug be pulled.? "Yes" is the correct answer.

Immaterial. I will tell you what I think. Always. You may do the same, of course.

Fine! Now that you have answered the question specific to this situation, do you think the plug should be pulled if the fetus has a reasonable chance of surviving to the point of a healthy birth? See, that's how a conversation works. One point leads to another.

Fine! Now that you have answered the question specific to this situation, do you think the plug should be pulled if the fetus has a reasonable chance of surviving to the point of a healthy birth? See, that's how a conversation works. One point leads to another.

If there is the possibility of saving the fetus then that is a different topic to the one posed in the OP.

But if you want to deflect with that question then sobeit. If it is medically feasible to save the fetus then that is the appropriate course of action to be taken however we would be talking about 3rd trimester and given the fetus as much time to develop in the uterus as possible since premature births have higher mortality and complication rates.

The Constitution requires that the right to life of the unborn must be vindicated as far as possible and that right surpasses the right of a clinically dead pregnant woman to a dignified death, the High Court has been told.

Unborn right to life surpasses mother s right to dignified death court told
I am prolife. That being said, if the concensus of the doctors is that the fetus has little chance of surviving, I can understand taking the woman off life support. On the otherhand, what's the rush? Would it really hurt anything to give the unborn a couple of weeks and another evaluation? It's not like the woman will be on life support indefinitely.
There are many people alive today that have defied the odds of a doctor's prognosis.

Have you never had a loved one on life support with no hope of recovery?

Do you have any idea of the emotional harm that causes to the family?
Yes!!! and what about the joy of a life coming from a tragic situation,why give up on both of them??!!!

The Constitution requires that the right to life of the unborn must be vindicated as far as possible and that right surpasses the right of a clinically dead pregnant woman to a dignified death, the High Court has been told.

Unborn right to life surpasses mother s right to dignified death court told
I am prolife. That being said, if the concensus of the doctors is that the fetus has little chance of surviving, I can understand taking the woman off life support. On the otherhand, what's the rush? Would it really hurt anything to give the unborn a couple of weeks and another evaluation? It's not like the woman will be on life support indefinitely.
There are many people alive today that have defied the odds of a doctor's prognosis.

Have you never had a loved one on life support with no hope of recovery?

Do you have any idea of the emotional harm that causes to the family?
Yes!!! and what about the joy of a life coming from a tragic situation,why give up on both of them??!!!

Because an 18 week fetus cannot survive under these conditions. Essentially it just becomes a grotesque medical experiment for the anti-rights people to impose their agenda.

I wasn't alive in 1860.

I wasn't alive in 1860.
Yes, you were in spirit, whipping your slaves and telling us that it's none of our business if you do.

I wasn't alive in 1860.
Yes, you were in spirit, whipping your slaves and telling us that it's none of our business if you do.

So you think anyone who thinks the government should not be making personal decisions for us is a slave owner at heart. Interesting. You want the government to force women to place their bodies in the service of another against their will. Now, let me see. What other word do we use for forcing someone into involuntary servitude?

Forum List

Back