Under Democratic Policies The Rich Get Richer

Actually you get what you pay for. Expecting maximum effort for minimum pay doesn't work.

Nobody expects maximum effort for minimum wage workers. Whether it is $10, $15, or $20 doesn't matter. For the most part these jobs are not complex, you just do the work you are paid to do in a satisfactory manner. In the old days if you didn't do a satisfactory job you got fired. In the old days if you wanted a higher wage you tried to earn it by working harder, but these days it has flipped to what I deserve rather than what I earned. And I highly doubt a gov't mandated increase in the minimum wage is gonna motivate anybody to work harder. They'll think they deserved it.

Nobody expects maximum effort for minimum wage workers. Whether it is $10, $15, or $20 doesn't matter. For the most part these jobs are not complex, you just do the work you are paid to do in a satisfactory manner. In the old days if you didn't do a satisfactory job you got fired. In the old days if you wanted a higher wage you tried to earn it by working harder, but these days it has flipped to what I deserve rather than what I earned. And I highly doubt a gov't mandated increase in the minimum wage is gonna motivate anybody to work harder. They'll think they deserved it.
It's very easy to find people to fill these jobs.

So what's the answer then? Flat line wages? You don't expect good effort then correct? The American way is not working year after year for the same wage is it? I've never believed in one's best effort despite wages.
let companies pay wages to the price of the products sold. It's really that fking simple stupid fk

The answer is that employers should increase wages when performance/production improves. IOW, you earn it. If the employer won't increase the wages paid and an employee believes they are underpaid then they can and should look elsewhere for another job if their employer is unwilling to pay them what they think they deserve. It's a voluntary deal, there's no servitude here.
Exactly^^^^^^^

Yes, but wages are also set by government taxes, rules, and regulations. Also set by government law
but that's for an industry, and job types in that industry. Then the companies who want more effective employees pay more than that.

but that's for an industry, and job types in that industry. Then the companies who want more effective employees pay more than that.
My point is, when considering wages everyone forgets to factor in the biggest cost to the employee and the employer at any job and that is the government costs.

Government determines wages, through taxes. Taxes on property, taxes on signs, taxes on fuel, taxes on profits, taxes on labor, taxes on healthcare, taxes taxes and taxes

Government determines wages by rules. Rules cost money to address, debatable by how much. Rules, the corporation that pays me must pay me 40 hrs a year for mandated safety training.

I dont disagree with you comments, I am just adding to them.

My point is, when considering wages everyone forgets to factor in the biggest cost to the employee and the employer at any job and that is the government costs.

Government determines wages, through taxes. Taxes on property, taxes on signs, taxes on fuel, taxes on profits, taxes on labor, taxes on healthcare, taxes taxes and taxes

Government determines wages by rules. Rules cost money to address, debatable by how much. Rules, the corporation that pays me must pay me 40 hrs a year for mandated safety training.

I dont disagree with you comments, I am just adding to them.
It really doesn't matter. What matters is what the companies are willing to pay! The government shit is all part of the cost for goods, what isn't is the number of employees by the salaries. And that is based on industry competition and what other like companies are willing to pay!

It really doesn't matter. What matters is what the companies are willing to pay! The government shit is all part of the cost for goods, what isn't is the number of employees by the salaries. And that is based on industry competition and what other like companies are willing to pay!
Sometimes what matters is what companies can't pay because of the burden of paying the government.

Actually that is not true. Studies have shown for decades that increasing a person's pay does not increase productivity. But it does invite an employer to cut labor costs by reducing hours, cutting the staff, or automating some jobs out of existence.
In other words, an increase in wages promotes productivity increases. Under slavery there was little incentive for anyone to be more productive so the overall level of wealth in the US South was generally stagnant.

And of course there are also the employers who can afford to relocate to another state or in some cases just close their doors and go out of business.
There is that but can be offset by raising productivity.

Forum List

Back