🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Under the ACA, my yearly premium is $0.

this is how sad people have become

bragging about how it is to live the backs of others

this country is DOOMED as a free country
You wanna talk about living off the backs of others?

The richest people in this country pay 10% less in taxes than I do and 0% tax on all their financial transactions. They get loopholes that allow a company like GE to make a billion dollars last year and not pay one cent in taxes.

That's living off the backs of others.

So why didn't the govt work on fixing that in 2010, instead of pushing this Humpty-Dumpty "health care" plan on us??

No they don't. The richest people in this country paper orders of magnitude more in taxes you do in Actual Dollars.

GE is a Big Government Crony Corporation...not a Rich Person.
The tax on capital gains and dividends is 15%. I pay 35%.

If GE is not a rich person, then why do they have the same Constitutional rights as one?

I haven't really dug into it yet, but I suspect, that under ACA, I'll come out smelling like a rose (albeit, a corrupt and insidious 'rose'). I'll have little retirement income and my family is long-lived. I should be on the dole a good long while. Doesn't prevent me from recognizing it as a gross injustice. Nor from recognizing that the insurance industry will skim massive profits from my 'good fortune'.

You're not realizing that the subsidies are just one part of the ACA. The other MORE disastrous and deadly part is the IPAB, an unelected/unaccountable board of non-physicians who have devised codes and formulas to determine who gets what treatment. It is nothing but a rationing panel, and as Palin said, a death panel. Also the fact that many docs and hospitals, usually the best ones, are not participating in the ACA exchanges, so you're getting second class care, and will have LONG waits like Canada and the UK.

So you may have "free coverage", but it's value is very very low.

Sure, I get that. I'm not advocating for this mess in any way, shape or form. My point is that it's possible to recognize a policy as bad, even if you benefit from it.

Frankly, I'm all for folks getting good healthcare when they need it, but this is just NOT the way to do it. We have a great community clinic here that only charges what you can afford, or nothing. Many folks say they offer better service than hospitals around here. It is supported by private donations, but Marxists like Obama LOATHE private charity, since it takes the focus off the STATE.

ACA puts federal and state bureaucrats between docs and patients and the ONLY result will be higher prices for those paying, MUCH worse care, mistakes, and waits. This website debacle is just the tip of this DIRTY iceberg.

BTW there isn't any tort reform in the ACA, which is a HUGE reason costs are so high. Of course tort lawyers OWN Democrats, so it was left out. Talk to any doc privately and they will tell you how much "defensive medicine" skyrockets costs.

this is how sad people have become

bragging about how it is to live the backs of others

this country is DOOMED as a free country
You wanna talk about living off the backs of others?

The richest people in this country pay 10% less in taxes than I do and 0% tax on all their financial transactions. They get loopholes that allow a company like GE to make a billion dollars last year and not pay one cent in taxes.

That's living off the backs of others.

So why didn't the govt work on fixing that in 2010, instead of pushing this Humpty-Dumpty "health care" plan on us??

:eusa_shhh:
that's too much to ask of them...instead they shove a new government entitlement on us and at a time we could least AFFORD IT

So you're saying the 2010 Congress couldn't do anything that wasn't written for them by special interests?
From what I understand, it is quite common for industry experts to write bills for Congress for the simple reason that no one has the particular expertise to do it, except the professionals in that industry.

I've got mixed feelings on that.

So you're saying the 2010 Congress couldn't do anything that wasn't written for them by special interests?
From what I understand, it is quite common for industry experts to write bills for Congress for the simple reason that no one has the particular expertise to do it, except the professionals in that industry.

Then don't complain about businesses getting tax breaks now, when that could have been taken care of instead of Humpty-Dumpty Care. (if Obama and the Dems could have been bothered to write their own laws :eusa_shhh: )

Heh... my feelings aren't "mixed" at all on that point.

That's right, because of the ACA, if I go with the bronze program, I pay a yearly premium of $0.

Zero dollars and I get health insurance coverage.

How can anyone in their right mind, be against that?

So other people are paying your insurance.

And you're proud of that?

Then don't complain about businesses getting tax breaks now, when that could have been taken care of instead of Humpty-Dumpty Care. (if Obama and the Dems could have been bothered to write their own laws :eusa_shhh: )
If they couldn't even read the bill, how could they've possibly wrote it?

So other people are paying your insurance.

And you're proud of that?
I'm paying the taxes on the profits they offshore.

Quid pro quo, mother-fucker!

It's not some corporation that's paying your insurance you twit it's the young healthy people who are paying higher rates to carry your fat ass.

And you're proud of that.

See what's wrong here is that you're actually happy you're not carrying your own water.
you have nothing to be proud of.

Was the calculator you used to get those numbers on the healthcare.gov website?
Here's the link.

I wouldn't believe any info other than what the healthcare.gov website gives .. and even then I'd bump up the cost because the website and whole system is whacky.

When I entered my info on the link you provided, I can't get any money numbers to show up for the premium, tax credit, or amount I'd pay for the premium. It just says "$NaN per year".

eta: From healthcare.gov website re: the Kaiser calculator:

Until you fill out a Marketplace application, you can use the Kaiser Family Foundation calculator for a rough estimate of how much health insurance may cost you in 2014.

I can't get a cost from the gov website until I give all my info :rolleyes: and the Kaiser calculator gives a rough estimate.

Yeah, don't count your chickens before they've hatched.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back