Under what circumstances, if any, could you see yourself taking up arms against fellow Americans?

Seriously...we have a revolution every 2 years. That is the great thing about our republic. The ones who want an armed insurrection (teapers) are the ones who do not believe in democracy.

That is what I look forward to the day these bastards try to start their revolution. They are anti-American, anti-democracy cowards who threaten the American way with threats and violence. They are terrorists...more dangerous to the American people than any killer muslim. They are savages.

Your grasp on reality is tenuous, at best.
Because I believe in the Constitution? Yep, you are a teaper.

Widespread chaos and lawlessness are legitimate reasons to declare martial law as well as some sort of dire external threat but notice that it is in reaction to something. Martial law cannot just be declared for no good reason so give me a scenario where the president, absent a threat, can just do that and count on the Army to do the dirty work.

There is no scenario where the Constitution, in total, could be constitutionally suspended. There is one provision in the Constitution where a single right might be suspended, that is habeas corpus.

Period, end of story.
That is why Bush signed an agreement with the canadians, allowing them to send in canadian troops to quel American uprisings.

I really don't think they would have the balls to try that, I seriously doubt the US military would sit on their hands if they did.
Well, the US military is PROHIBITED from taking action against US citizens. Posse Comitatus

.. which, of course, can be suspended by the stroke of Obama's pen.
Yet you have no problem that Bush signed the agreement with canada...with the stroke of a pen. He kept it hush hush too. Teapers are such hypocrites.

I really don't think they would have the balls to try that, I seriously doubt the US military would sit on their hands if they did.
Well, the US military is PROHIBITED from taking action against US citizens. Posse Comitatus

So Canadians are now US citizens, do try to keep up.
No, you arrogant bastard...you try to keep up and try to educate yourself about Posse Comitatus and the US Army on American soil. That is why Bush signed the agreement wth the fucking canadians.

Bringing foreign troops onto American soil under the command of a US President is the equivalent of using US troops on American soil and would have no constitutional validity. That's why I say the US military wouldn't allow it. Do I need to remind you that our military is sworn to uphold the Constitution first and foremost?
Feel free to look up the agreement bush and harper made in 2008. Feel free to research Posse Comitatus. You can say the US military would never allow it...but you would be guessing. A teaper uprising in Montana...the US miltary can't act, but the canadian military can because of this agreement. It is a way around Posse Comitatus. And despite what you think...most Americans don't want an armed insurrection and would want it quelled ASAP.

Yep, I'm guessing, based on 26 years in uniform, so it's not a totally uninformed guess.

No, you arrogant bastard...you try to keep up and try to educate yourself about Posse Comitatus and the US Army on American soil. That is why Bush signed the agreement wth the fucking canadians.

Bringing foreign troops onto American soil under the command of a US President is the equivalent of using US troops on American soil and would have no constitutional validity. That's why I say the US military wouldn't allow it. Do I need to remind you that our military is sworn to uphold the Constitution first and foremost?
Feel free to look up the agreement bush and harper made in 2008. Feel free to research Posse Comitatus. You can say the US military would never allow it...but you would be guessing. A teaper uprising in Montana...the US miltary can't act, but the canadian military can because of this agreement. It is a way around Posse Comitatus. And despite what you think...most Americans don't want an armed insurrection and would want it quelled ASAP.

Yep, I'm guessing, based on 26 years in uniform, so it's not a totally uninformed guess.
Sure it s a guess...your commanders are political...they aren't warriors. It's not like your captain can can wage a war. Where will you get your munitions? An order like that would have to come from way up the chain. Maybe you and your teaper militia might try to run in the woods for a day or two until they see all the dead teapers...but the US military, under a President in good standing...won't do shit but follow orders.

There is no scenario where the Constitution, in total, could be constitutionally suspended. There is one provision in the Constitution where a single right might be suspended, that is habeas corpus.

Period, end of story.
That is why Bush signed an agreement with the canadians, allowing them to send in canadian troops to quel American uprisings.

.. which, of course, can be suspended by the stroke of Obama's pen.
Yet you have no problem that Bush signed the agreement with canada...with the stroke of a pen. He kept it hush hush too. Teapers are such hypocrites.

He didn't keep it that hush hush, it was discussed extensively on a forum I was involved with at the time, and hell no I didn't approve, you can add the patriot act and the TSA to the list along with it.

Sure it s a guess...your commanders are political...they aren't warriors. It's not like your captain can can wage a war. Where will you get your munitions? An order like that would have to come from way up the chain. Maybe you and your teaper militia might try to run in the woods for a day or two until they see all the dead teapers...but the US military, under a President in good standing...won't do shit but follow orders.

You want to devolve the conversation into useless name calling, got to hell. I won't respond to you on this thread again.

:lol: Teaperism 101

So how far up the chain would it need to go for the US military to take action?

Like I said...if Bush, Obama, Cruz or Clinton excercised this agreement, the US military would support it...because it would pretty much take a General to defy the Constitution...and he would pretty much have to have every other General on his side.

Seriously...we have a revolution every 2 years. That is the great thing about our republic. The ones who want an armed insurrection (teapers) are the ones who do not believe in democracy.

That is what I look forward to the day these bastards try to start their revolution. They are anti-American, anti-democracy cowards who threaten the American way with threats and violence. They are terrorists...more dangerous to the American people than any killer muslim. They are savages.

Actually, you don't believe in the Constitution ... you have made it perfectly clear that you do not believe in freedom of speech (unless, of course, they say what you want them to say), you don't believe in the freedom of assembly (unless it's a meeting of liberal nitwits), you don't believe in the 2nd Amendment, and you don't believe in the separation of powers.

You talk one game ---- but you play a decidedly different one.

Having spent 20 years in that military, I can't tell you just how wrong you really are ...

I will "take up arms" against anyone who takes arms up against me.

That's about it.

If anyone tried to suspend the Constitution.
That would occur after a large-scale armed insurrection rather than before so don't do us no favors Jonny Reb.

Actually, that's not even remotely true ... the President has the authority to invoke martial law when, in his opinion, the public safety is threatened. Congress may override that, but given the War Powers Act, they cannot do it before the 90 day window. It has happened in the past, and it will happen again.
Which part of the Constitution gives him that authority?

I could easily imagine Obama sending Federal marshals in to confiscate ballots because they were "under threat." That would be cause to take up arms right there.

The RW has groomed some very stupid people. There is no telling how far they might go if ordered by FOX to react violently to any particular set of circumstances. They already have convinced these cretens that Liberals are evil and the enemies of the nation. Newt Gingrich, Karl Rove and the Kochs have worked tirelessly to divide the country. They bankrolled the Tea Party and have made it their mission to vilify anyone that does not tow their political agendas.. If there is an armed attempt to take politics to the streets I would look in their direction for it's genesis.
You're insane.

Not sure...but I look forward to the teaper revolution...I am stocked and ready to fight the racist bastards to the bitter end. I pray that day will come. America needs an enema...we need to get rid of the teaper shit.
Calm down, the night nurse will be around with the meds soon.
I never understood why inmates got internet privileges to begin with.

There are no circumstances in which I'd take up arms. Against anybody.
so, if a man broke into your house, raped your wife and was about to kill your children, yet you got your hands on a gun, you would give it to your assailant?

Not sure...but I look forward to the teaper revolution...I am stocked and ready to fight the racist bastards to the bitter end. I pray that day will come. America needs an enema...we need to get rid of the teaper shit.
Calm down, the night nurse will be around with the meds soon.
I never understood why inmates got internet privileges to begin with.
Everyone here at the USMB Online Hospital for the Insane are patients.........
He does have one thing right, American does need an enema..........

There are no circumstances in which I'd take up arms. Against anybody.

Not even to protect yourself or a family member?
I'd imagine there are a bunch of thieves/criminals in your area that would love your address.

Forum List

Back