Unemployment rate drops to lowest since 2000

All would be great if wages were increasing as one would expect. They are not, something is broke.

U.S. Economy Added 157,000 Jobs In July; Unemployment Dips To 3.9 Percent

Next months numbers should be a good indicator if this growth trend will continue.

That is because people who use to make middle class wages are now settling for low wage jobs. Most jobs created have been low wage jobs, not good jobs. I know two people who were making 50k+ a year who are now working for $10-12/hr due to being laid off/ fired and after being unemployed for months on end decided to take the $10-$12/hr job because they couldn't get anything else.

One guy I know has an MBA from a top 20 business school, got fired working in finance couldn't find work for months. Now he works a $10/hr job as a local delivery driver.

Thanks to the Obama Recovery.

Hail, Obama.
Now that's funny!
Obama's last 4 GDP numbers blows Trumps, current numbers out of the water.....Obama's employment numbers were and still are better than Trumps and news flash ass ho, Obama gave this monster a good economy, a sound market and allies....all of which Trump will soon destroy and I hope you and your kind are first on his hit list, when it happens.
LOL

No, they don’t.

Obama only had 4 gdp quarters that were higher or comparable to this.

Obama’s last 2 gdp quarters were terrible.

I wish people would do a town hall on these jobs numbers....most people I know, are working a full time and a part time. Most people I know are finding these jobs through temp services. Most people I know, aren't getting raises, aren't getting cost of living adjustments and have little to know savings. Most people I know are living from pay check to pay check and working longer hours. Most people I know are complaining about the high costs of gas, the new state taxes that are being imposed and the cost of things going up, not down and finally most of the people I know, never saw a dime of anything in the Trump tax cuts and never will.
It appears the people you know suck at life. Pick better people.

If your state passed new taxes, stop whining to us and take it up with your state.
Stop whining to us???? 8 fuckin years of you ass ho's whining about Obama....I'm just getting started.
You were whining about new state taxes. Why? Libs want higher taxes. They run on class warfare.

Actually conservatives do that. They blame the poor for everything and want to give the rich more. That's class warfare.
Want to give the rich more? Blame the poor? What does that even mean? You will need to be a bit more specific. I remember libs running their mouths about the evil 1% and then they did nothing about them. Instead they added taxes to everyone. Never ever trust a lib.

Hail, Obama.
Now that's funny!
Obama's last 4 GDP numbers blows Trumps, current numbers out of the water.....Obama's employment numbers were and still are better than Trumps and news flash ass ho, Obama gave this monster a good economy, a sound market and allies....all of which Trump will soon destroy and I hope you and your kind are first on his hit list, when it happens.
LOL

No, they don’t.

Republicans thrilled at the economy Clinton left Bush and the economy Obama left Trump.
The economy Bush left Obama? Not so much.
But remember, Bush took credit for Clinton's economy just like Trump takes credit for what Obama left him.

No surprise. Republicans tried to take credit for taking Bin Laden down, but the country wasn't having it. They knew it was Republicans that let Bin Laden go and stopped looking for him.

Hail, Obama.
Now that's funny!
LOL

No, they don’t.

On the other hand wages went up. And more jobs were produced in 2016 than in2017

U.S. Economy Added 157,000 Jobs In July; Unemployment Dips To 3.9 Percent

Next months numbers should be a good indicator if this growth trend will continue.

facepalm.gif

How to put it charitably....you probably are not aware that 157,000 is worse than average monthly job growth SINCE 2010.

In 2014 we've made 240,000 jobs/month.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
I wish people would do a town hall on these jobs numbers....most people I know, are working a full time and a part time. Most people I know are finding these jobs through temp services. Most people I know, aren't getting raises, aren't getting cost of living adjustments and have little to know savings. Most people I know are living from pay check to pay check and working longer hours. Most people I know are complaining about the high costs of gas, the new state taxes that are being imposed and the cost of things going up, not down and finally most of the people I know, never saw a dime of anything in the Trump tax cuts and never will.
It appears the people you know suck at life. Pick better people.

If your state passed new taxes, stop whining to us and take it up with your state.
Stop whining to us???? 8 fuckin years of you ass ho's whining about Obama....I'm just getting started.
You were whining about new state taxes. Why? Libs want higher taxes. They run on class warfare.

Actually conservatives do that. They blame the poor for everything and want to give the rich more. That's class warfare.
Want to give the rich more? Blame the poor? What does that even mean? You will need to be a bit more specific. I remember libs running their mouths about the evil 1% and then they did nothing about them. Instead they added taxes to everyone. Never ever trust a lib.
Bulshit period when they had power they passed ACA with a 3.8% tax on the rich and tried to raise other taxes on the rich--did get 5%. They also cut payroll taxes by 30% until the GOP blocked the extension of that. If they had control of Congress real control and not in the middle of another GOP world meltdown, we would see real reform.

Hail, Obama.
Now that's funny!
LOL

No, they don’t.

On the other hand wages went up. And more jobs were produced in 2016 than in2017
Part time jobs.

The Obama recovery continues, thank God, and even more thanks that Trump has not blown it up.

Let me guess. The economy is Obama's until the next downturn or a democrat stumbles into office, whichever comes first, then it immediately becomes the current President's?

It would appear that Trump was wiser on the economy than the haters dared to even contemplate. It would also appear that their chosen approach to good economic news is to credit the previous president, though it is beyond obvious that the previous president would be conspicuously absent from their musings had the news been negative. It would also appear that they are extremely reluctant to credit the Congress of the last several years of the previous administration, even though it is Congress that crafts the actual budgets and passes the actual spending bills. One could thus make the case that we should be saying, "Thank you, Republican Congress".

Hail, Obama.
Now that's funny!
LOL

No, they don’t.

Part time jobs.

Stop making up bullshit

Now that's funny!
LOL

No, they don’t.

Part time jobs.

Stop making up bullshit
Check the stats from the labor department. Or live like an ostrich. Doesn't make any difference to me.

LOL

No, they don’t.

Part time jobs.

Stop making up bullshit
Check the stats from the labor department. Or live like an ostrich. Doesn't make any difference to me.
BLS shows that fewer people worked part time for economic reasons. So what if more people wanted part time work?

LOL

No, they don’t.

Part time jobs.

Stop making up bullshit
BLS shows that fewer people worked part time for economic reasons. So what if more people wanted part time work?
The great job recovery that everyone points to was primarily part time, temporary and lower wage jobs. This wasn’t a result in why people wanted, it was the only work available. This created lower home ownership participation among other things. Don’t try to put lip stick on a pig and say it’s pretty.

Forum List

Back