Union "No Vote" Movement

Looks like 60% of the Arlington TX workers got their contract. Finn will have to get the others on board.
We both got it wrong, lol!
It's actually spelled Shawn Fain.
Irish: Sinn Féin
Me: Shawn Fein

You: (Shawn) Finn

Right to the dock and unloaded immediately by appointment.

"Because JIT depends on your suppliers providing components when required, motivating your suppliers is a crucial element of JIT. The benefits of JIT implementation include increased profitability through cost reduction, but JIT contracts may contain pitfalls if you are a supplier. According to Cambridge Property and Casualty, a firm providing manufacturers’ insurance, one major auto manufacturer charges suppliers who fail to deliver in time $500 for every minute that failure causes an assembly line to shut down."

So how does that account for unforeseen traffic and weather delays?

Do the trucks go early and stage somewhere? If so then they become the warehouse for the goods.

So how does that account for unforeseen traffic and weather delays?

Do the trucks go early and stage somewhere? If so then they become the warehouse for the goods.
I was on a regular route. On driver would pick the load up in laredo and I'd meet him in Rolla Missouri with a truckload of empty racks that the parts were delivered on. I'd swap with him and deliver the next day...load up the empty racks and take them back to Rolla. The loads may well have been staged in Laredo. That's a pretty common practice. Local Mexican drivers brought almost all the loads across the border. Today a bunch of the big carriers like Schneider and Swift have terminals in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.

I was on a regular route. On driver would pick the load up in laredo and I'd meet him in Rolla Missouri with a truckload of empty racks that the parts were delivered on. I'd swap with him and deliver the next day...load up the empty racks and take them back to Rolla. The loads may well have been staged in Laredo. That's a pretty common practice. Local Mexican drivers brought almost all the loads across the border. Today a bunch of the big carriers like Schneider and Swift have terminals in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico.
Did some of that too before scoring a decent [UNION!] LTL job. Tough way to get a class A CDL but sounded good at the time.

Forum List

Back