University is Too White

I get plenty of it ty.

At the glory hole.

Anyway, compare historically black college performance with comparable integrated schools. Yes, they do worse.
The statement is asinine--just what anyone would expect from the racial grievance industry.
Unless it's school policy not to allow the registration of black students, there is no racism just because school population is all white. Just goes to show that liberals are too quick to pull out the race card. Maybe they don't get enough sex and they're uptight.

Not necessarily. If black people are being held back for a variety of reasons, and can't get to university for a variety of reasons, then the questions need to be asked.

:slap:

So you think white people that don't ignore racism should be replaced?:confused:
What racism?

It's all in your head

So you think that whites are genetically smarter or do you think there was an outside source like racism keeping blacks from getting education and other (proven but you don't seem to know about it)
Do you think those are mutually exclusive? Anyway, intelligence differentials between races has been proven beyond doubt, except for that demanded by political correctness, which is nothing more than you-can't-say-that followed by some desperately convoluted babble.

Some kids study and some kids play basketball. It's all about choices.

And sometimes choices are decided by how kids are brought up. You think a kid in an inner city crime infested area is going to make the same choices as a prep boy? And if not, then why?

Also, I'd say in education, some people like to study one way, others another way, those whose education is right for them can obviously make better choices.

At the glory hole.

Anyway, compare historically black college performance with comparable integrated schools. Yes, they do worse.
The statement is asinine--just what anyone would expect from the racial grievance industry.
Unless it's school policy not to allow the registration of black students, there is no racism just because school population is all white. Just goes to show that liberals are too quick to pull out the race card. Maybe they don't get enough sex and they're uptight.

Not necessarily. If black people are being held back for a variety of reasons, and can't get to university for a variety of reasons, then the questions need to be asked.
Who is holding back black students or any student regardless of race?? Who prevents them from learning? Blame is being misdirected.

Some kids study and some kids play basketball. It's all about choices.

And sometimes choices are decided by how kids are brought up. You think a kid in an inner city crime infested area is going to make the same choices as a prep boy? And if not, then why?

Also, I'd say in education, some people like to study one way, others another way, those whose education is right for them can obviously make better choices.

Why blame white people if some kid's parent isn't competent enough to raise puppies? Dr. Ben Carson's came from abject poverty and yet he grew up a productive, educated citizen. Poverty is no excuse.

Who is holding back black students or any student regardless of race?? Who prevents them from learning? Blame is being misdirected.

Of course it's being misdirected, that allows the failures to go back to Whitey, calling for reparations and funneling yet more money into the cesspool of government schools.

It also has the added benefit of making the downtrodden Negro hate the Caucasian, guaranteeing more votes for the Plantation owners

:slap:
Western Washington U is mediocre because it's too white. So says the college president. I thought he was talking about the basketball team but he means the entire school.
Maybe they can start the fix by replacing him with a non-white.

LOOKIE HERE

So you think white people that don't ignore racism should be replaced?:confused:

Where is the racism?

There is none. They're just a white guilt pathetic bunch.

It's not race necessarily that I'm talking about.

It's about circumstance. Poorer kids are less likely to study especially when they're brought up in an environment that teaches them that studying isn't the way forward.

Poor white kids, poor black kids etc.

However where race comes into this is why there is a far higher percentage of black people in poverty, and I believe this is still a legacy of slavery and segregation.

Why blame white people if some kid's parent isn't competent enough to raise puppies? Dr. Ben Carson's came from abject poverty and yet he grew up a productive, educated citizen. Poverty is no excuse.

Let's not take one example of what can happen. We know what can happen. If you look at the percentages you see what does happen A LOT.

Two kids with the same abilities, one born into a rich family, the other into an inner city ghetto, which is most likely to be successful?

It's not about blame either. It's about making sure the right things are being done to make sure that kids from inner city areas are being given the opportunities to escape, and not just one or two, but most.

The big problems is this:

25% of black people are in poverty. 25% of hispanics are in poverty

7% of whites are in poverty.

Why is this? And what is anyone doing about it?

The problem is anybody regardless of color or ethnic is living in poverty.

And if the offical poverty threshold was real, those numbers living in would be much much higher, too.

Take a look at the offical numbers and you'll see what I mean.

2013 POVERTY GUIDELINES FOR THE 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES
AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Persons in family/household Poverty guideline
For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $4,020 for each additional person.
1 $11,490
2 15,510
3 19,530
4 23,550
5 27,570
6 31,590
7 35,610
8 39,630

Got to tell yas..nobody making only $11,491 a year is NOT living in poverty.

Just a gentle reminder...the biggest single ethnic/age group living in poverty in the USA is still WHITE CHILDREN

However where race comes into this is why there is a far higher percentage of black people in poverty, and I believe this is still a legacy of slavery and segregation.
Your argument would be greatly enhanced if you could show other places in the world where there is no legacy of slavery or apartheid, where the educational or socioeconomic achievements of blacks rivals that of others. I know of none, but I would be interested in a serious referral whether blacks are in the majority or not.

"...I believe this is still a legacy of slavery and segregation..."

This innocuous statement reflects a level of simple unawareness that is quite depressing.

As every competent sociologist in the world knows, the PRIMARY reason for Black poverty in the U.S. is the simple fact that for more than a generation now, 70% of black children have been born out of wedlock. Everything else flows from that. Bastards are dramatically more likely to have problems in school, abuse drugs, live in poverty, come into contact with law enforcement, be unemployed as adults, etc., etc., AND to produce more bastards to replace themselves.

THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SLAVERY, but rather millions of individuals making disastrous life choices. And couple this reality with the scientific fact that this explosion of bastardy coincides with the free availability of modern birth control products and abortion. This plague of illegitimacy is a SELF-INFLICTED, mortal wound by the "Black" community on itself. And they are not called on it due to society's neurotic fear of being "too judgmental"!

Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to BE JUDGMENTAL!

If you go back a couple generations in this country (to a time closer to the end of slavery), Blacks had a rate of illegitimacy that was substantially the same as whites (mid-single digits).

To attribute these endemic Black problems on the after-effects of slavery is just shockingly stupid. Not even Jesse Jackson would make such a ridiculous claim.

The big problems is this:

25% of black people are in poverty. 25% of hispanics are in poverty

7% of whites are in poverty.

Why is this? And what is anyone doing about it?

The problem is anybody regardless of color or ethnic is living in poverty.

And if the offical poverty threshold was real, those numbers living in would be much much higher, too.

Take a look at the offical numbers and you'll see what I mean.

2013 POVERTY GUIDELINES FOR THE 48 CONTIGUOUS STATES
AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
Persons in family/household Poverty guideline
For families/households with more than 8 persons, add $4,020 for each additional person.
1 $11,490
2 15,510
3 19,530
4 23,550
5 27,570
6 31,590
7 35,610
8 39,630

Got to tell yas..nobody making only $11,491 a year is NOT living in poverty.

Just a gentle reminder...the biggest single ethnic/age group living in poverty in the USA is still WHITE CHILDREN

Yes, poverty is a problem, and not many politicians are doing much to help.

And yes, white children make up the largest, because 7% of white people is a BIGGER number than 25% of black people.

Your argument would be greatly enhanced if you could show other places in the world where there is no legacy of slavery or apartheid, where the educational or socioeconomic achievements of blacks rivals that of others. I know of none, but I would be interested in a serious referral whether blacks are in the majority or not.

Yeah, let's find a country in the world where black people were not in slavery, didn't suffer from imperialism, or where black people haven't come into the country as underdogs......

Hmm, can't find one.

However this isn't me saying there isn't an issue within black communities. At the same time the Asians might look at the white people and think the same thing, "why don't they study harder" etc etc.

Black people probably are different, and in many cases are trying to conform to a different way of living life and not conforming that well. I'm no expert on the way races do things differently. What I do know is that in education that is purely academic, many bright kids get left behind because they don't conform to the way of teaching that is imposed on them.

In the US though, there is a big issue, and a lot of people are doing not a lot to sort it out. And some are probably working to stop things being sorted out.

The phrase "you can make it if you work hard" doesn't always apply any more, the view of the family has not helped, and many other such images that the govt has tried to portray, and i'm not talking race here.
Do people know how to bring up kids, make a family work, and a lot of other things? Some people figure it out, a lot don't, hence the 40% divorce rate for first marriages.

Western Washington U is mediocre because it's too white. So says the college president. I thought he was talking about the basketball team but he means the entire school.
Maybe they can start the fix by replacing him with a non-white.

LOOKIE HERE

Having a multi-cultural university is considered a good thing nowadays. This is not something that has to do with liberals in the US or liberals in general. It is a concept that is dominant throughout the world.

These days the world is a place where everyone, not just world leaders, work with people from around the world. Learning about other cultures and ideas, knowing people from other countries and backgrounds expands minds and helps us live and work together. This concept is also addressed toward multi-culturalism within a country. So, any good university campus in America would have a student and faculty population that reflects the population of America and also the world. They should try to make themselves appealing to people from a variety of ethnic and racial groups as well as from other countries. The more narrow your environment, the less you learn, the less you know about the world.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back