Unpatriotic Dems In Virginia Erases Confederate Holiday

Pogo...Are you for erasing Confederate history? If so, why?
It is a history of hate and disgrace
And the democratic party.

Once again --- the Confederacy never had any political parties.

There's nothing you can do about that.

That's the idiocy of those trying to remake historic events into partisan party politics.

Normal people call that "retarded".

And vice versa :D

And the democratic [sic] party.

Actually Jefferson Davis served in the US Senate and House of Representatives as a Democrat.

-- Which was not in the Confederacy.
You can kinda tell by the name -- "US".

And the democratic [sic] party.

Actually Jefferson Davis served in the US Senate and House of Representatives as a Democrat.

-- Which was not in the Confederacy.
You can kinda tell by the name -- "US".
He represented the US State of Mississippi in those positions.

You are FAR more racist than Robert E. Lee, who never owned a slave in his life, was. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson said "Slavery is an abomination in the eyes of almighty God."

Because you are stupid, a racist, and an ignorant bigot, you seek to erase history - not just through the DNC Taliban destroying artwork, but also the facts of history.

Lee took up arms against the United States of America you ignorant fool. Stop reading His-Story and learn some real damn history for a change.

Lee personally owned slaves that he inherited upon the death of his mother, Ann Lee, in 1829. (His son, Robert E. Lee Jr., gave the number as three or four families.) Following the death of his father-in-law, George Washington Parke Custis, in 1857, Lee assumed command...

Myths & Misunderstandings | Lee as a slaveholder ...
acwm.org/blog/myths-misunderstandings-lee-slaveholder

Lee got rid of the slaves and lost the war. YOu are still in full traitor and racist mode, so, uncensored's point could still be pretty much on.

Did Lee own slaves?

Did Lee take up arms against the United States of America?

Yeah, you said that. And then I pointed out how he changed in life, while you are currently working to tear this nation apart.

So, like I said, uncensored point is likely on. As you know, or you would have directly challenged it.

Actually what Pothead ("Uncensored") said was that Lee, quote, "never owned a slave in his life".

He was wrong about that, and Brutha did directly challenge it.

And yet, Lee, as I said, lost, surrendered and later redeemed himself by becoming a national icon of reconciliation and unity, while superbruther is actively trying to tear this nation apart, so, uncensored's point could still be pretty much on.

How many times, do I have to say the same thing, before you libs actually get it? Do you have to reapply those concrete plugs in your ears, every morning, or are they permanent?

Okay, so remove all monuments to Obama.

Then what?
It's an attack on our history that must be preserved for future generations warts and all.

Here we are in a civil war again. What was that about those who fail to learn from history?

The Antebellum South was a horrible society. Feudalism where a tiny monied elite had absolute control of state governments and preyed on the populace at large. Georgia with the small holder act that allowed large plantations to literally steal land from small farmers. Poor whites fared worse than black slaves. I have nothing good to say about the south. BUT erasing history is what the Taliban and other tyrants do.

Poor whites fared worse than black slaves, Smfh. That has to be one of the stupidest statements ever made on this message board.

It’s all part of Lost Cause Revisionist history

Did you know that Whites were slaves too?
That makes four million black slaves OK

Nope, but it makes black victimhood less meaningful. 150 years ago blacks were treated like shit by democrats. Now everyone is treated like shit by democrats.

Libs are good at missing points. Otherwise they would not be libs.

1. Southern Pride and Heritage is not Lost Cause. Your claim otherwise is you misrepresenting tens of millions of good southern people, indeed, scores of millions of good Americans who support Historical Statues.

Correct, they are not the same thing. Therefore do not conflate them.

"Southern pride and heritage" is a cultural entity, a living breathing one. It lives in families, language, foods, music, customs and all the various manifestations of culture. For me it lives in my cousins, deceased parents aunts and uncles, places they took us, the food they fed us, the Stars and Bars I inherited from my mother, songs we played together, the very house I live in, and by the way it's absolutely subdivided into distinct and diverse regional cultures. The Cult of the Lost Cause on the other hand is a deceitful dishonest propaganda campaign designed to whitewash history.

2. But he does not own his image. He was a public figure and he is an historical figure of great importance. It is completely reasonable that he would be included in any movement to memorialize the service of the Confederates. I thought I might be getting though to you, but you wiggled away

So ---- "the state", or "the campaign" owns people now? Does said state or campaign get to determine how you will dress, wear your hair or beard and where you will live in life? It must, if it gets to edit your wishes to the opposite of what they were in death once you're out of the way to object.

It's an incontrovertible FACT that Robert E. Lee specifically opined that such statues NOT be erected. That means, because "one equals one", that those who do erect Lee statues are specifically disrespecting him while claiming by their action to do the opposite. At the very least, purporting themselves to be better judges of what Reconciliation than Lee himself, the very object they supposedly seek to glorify.

But they're not glorifying Lee, are they. They're glorifying their own historical bullshit. Lee put them in that position, and they went ahead and did it anyway, in the example posted yesterday in New Orleans, with his arms folded facing North in defiant confrontational posture, stark contrast to Lee's actual wish for reconciliation (that you yourself correctly cited). There's only one reason to do that, and it's outright lying about history. It's selling propaganda on the back of a dead man who's not around to object any more.

Long story short --- that statue wasn't removed because it was Lee. It was removed because it's a Lie.

1. You are the one conflating the Lost Cause movement with tens of millions of good southern people who, while not Lost Causers, are proud of their heritage and culture. YOu, not me.

2. They are focusing on certain aspects of the Confederacy, such as the bravery and skill and service of the Confederate fighting men. This is not lying. We all pick and choose what to celebrate in our history and culture. ALL cultures do this. Indeed, it is part of progress.
Southern people who conspired to enforce Jim Crow second class citizenship after they no longer could have slaves

Oh, democrats?

Yeah, democrats are real scum. Always were, always will be. They're doing the Jim Crow shit again, but this time against white people. Fucking vermin....
Southerners

Southerners owned slaves for 200 years before the Democratic Party was formed

Again, liberals show that they never learned as toddlers, how generalizations work.

I like the way you are citing General Lee as a moral Authority on this matter. Would you say that his views should be respected because of his Moral Authority as a former rebellion leader who embraced unity and reconciliation, or is it something else?

It's very simple. I would say, as I already did say, that those were his wishes expressed while he was alive. Had those wishes been honored and statues not erected, that fact would be obscure trivia. But in the event the propagandists had to do what he specifically asked them NOT to do. Which (again) speaks volumes about whose agenda means more to said propagandists --- their purported hero, or their own.

Because that's how propaganda works; the objective is never honest.

But, why should his words have any weight? Because of the strength of his arguments? Because of the Moral Authority he had as a former general?

What is your motivation in listening to him? Is it just because he agrees with you? I hope you have more than that.

Because it's HIS OWN IMAGE, that's why.

WHO OWNS one's own image?

You haven't told us why after-the-fact propagandists should prevail over somebody else's image in conflict with that person's wishes. Sounds kinda like ----------- owning a person.

So you're actually suggesting that some wanker who wants to use your image for propaganda, should have dominion over your image that you specifically denied them before you died.

That pile of shit child molester Muhammad never wanted his image captured either. But death makes stopping people a little difficult.

I don't actually believe in an afterlife, but I am comforted by the idea that Muhammad is in a lake of fire being butt fucked with a pineapple for all eternity....

Pothead, I'm not sure who else but you could come up with a post saying "I don't believe in an afterlife but here's what I think is going on in the afterlife".

With pineapples no less, which are well known for growing all over Arabia in the seventh century They were like weeds.

Jesus fucking Christ, what is wrong with your brain. HIs point was obvious. Are you really this dim, or are you just being a troll?

Lee took up arms against the United States of America you ignorant fool. Stop reading His-Story and learn some real damn history for a change.

Lee personally owned slaves that he inherited upon the death of his mother, Ann Lee, in 1829. (His son, Robert E. Lee Jr., gave the number as three or four families.) Following the death of his father-in-law, George Washington Parke Custis, in 1857, Lee assumed command...

Myths & Misunderstandings | Lee as a slaveholder ...
acwm.org/blog/myths-misunderstandings-lee-slaveholder
Lee was a nasty slaveholder

He was an icon of reconciliation and unity.
He didn’t have any choice

He was lucky he wasn’t thrown in jail with Jeff Davis

He lost, surrendered and became a icon of reconciliation and unity. Our ancestors, the ones that actually fought and defeated the South, accepted that and supported it.

And that set the tone and policy of the nation as a whole for the next 5 generations.

What moral authority do you have, that is greater than that of the men that fought and defeated the Confederacy, and freed the slaves?
Easy for someone who lost to suck up to avoid prison

Did Lee ever apologize?

That seems like a fair point. Plenty of other confederates surrendered and did not become national symbols of reconciliation and unity, were they put into prison?

"Southern pride and heritage" is a cultural entity, a living breathing one. It lives in families, language, foods, music, customs and all the various manifestations of culture. For me it lives in my cousins, deceased parents aunts and uncles, places they took us, the food they fed us, the Stars and Bars I inherited from my mother, songs we played together, the very house I live in, and by the way it's absolutely subdivided into distinct and diverse regional cultures. The Cult of the Lost Cause on the other hand is a deceitful dishonest propaganda campaign designed to whitewash history.

So ---- "the state", or "the campaign" owns people now? Does said state or campaign get to determine how you will dress, wear your hair or beard and where you will live in life? It must, if it gets to edit your wishes to the opposite of what they were in death once you're out of the way to object.

It's an incontrovertible FACT that Robert E. Lee specifically opined that such statues NOT be erected. That means, because "one equals one", that those who do erect Lee statues are specifically disrespecting him while claiming by their action to do the opposite. At the very least, purporting themselves to be better judges of what Reconciliation than Lee himself, the very object they supposedly seek to glorify.

But they're not glorifying Lee, are they. They're glorifying their own historical bullshit. Lee put them in that position, and they went ahead and did it anyway, in the example posted yesterday in New Orleans, with his arms folded facing North in defiant confrontational posture, stark contrast to Lee's actual wish for reconciliation (that you yourself correctly cited). There's only one reason to do that, and it's outright lying about history. It's selling propaganda on the back of a dead man who's not around to object any more.

Long story short --- that statue wasn't removed because it was Lee. It was removed because it's a Lie.

1. You are the one conflating the Lost Cause movement with tens of millions of good southern people who, while not Lost Causers, are proud of their heritage and culture. YOu, not me.

2. They are focusing on certain aspects of the Confederacy, such as the bravery and skill and service of the Confederate fighting men. This is not lying. We all pick and choose what to celebrate in our history and culture. ALL cultures do this. Indeed, it is part of progress.
Southern people who conspired to enforce Jim Crow second class citizenship after they no longer could have slaves

Oh, democrats?

Yeah, democrats are real scum. Always were, always will be. They're doing the Jim Crow shit again, but this time against white people. Fucking vermin....
Southerners

Again, liberals show that they never learned as toddlers, how generalizations work.

No cause and effect demonstrated

Oh, democrats?

Yeah, democrats [sic] are real scum. Always were, always will be. They're doing the Jim Crow shit again, but this time against white people. Fucking vermin....
Southerners

Longer than that. The first African slaves brought to (what is now the) US arrived in (what is now).....

OMG, who the fuck cares? Slavery is not the only history in the world. Slavery is not the only story in the world. GIVE IT A FUCKING BREAK!

And the democratic party.
Of Southern hatred and bigotry

Bigotry that existed for two hundred years before the Democratic Party
What does any of that have to do with this Orwellian, Soviet style attempt to destroy history? Why are people acting like the Taliban and destroying statues? I know you're a hard core leftist communitst. But those like you and other unpatriotic individuals have no right to destroy our national history.

Forum List

Back