Unsealed Trump Search Warrant - Trump had classified Documents

Why not? If you are ok with Trump doing it, you have to be ok with every future POTUS doing it.

And this is different how?

Yes, I know you are telling me how it is in your tiny little bubble. Good news for the rest of us is that it is just that, a tiny bubble

In your tiny little bubble, you say you're a libertarian but love you some unelectable, unaccountable bureaucrats. You spend all your time here not upholding the politicians citizens have elected, but rather a legion of bureaucrats.

Stew over that.

Codifying the fact that Trump is unfit to hold public office will safeguard America’s democracy.

Or,

"We will tell you if you can vote, and also who to vote for. That's democracy."

As I said. You cannot share a nation with these people. Lincoln said, "A house divided cannot stand." (quoting Jesus) We're not even a 'house'. Anymore. Half of us is a yacht and the other half is a biodome on Mars or something.

It's over. I'm so sad. But it's over. It will take a while to unravel. But still.

Do you think there would be no record that it had been done?
There would not:

‘It's not the case that a president can declassify documents with just verbal instructions. His instruction to declassify a given document would first be memorialized in a written memo, usually drafted by White House counsel, which he would then sign.

Typically, the leadership of the agency or agencies with equities in the document would be consulted and given an opportunity to provide their views on the declassification decision. As the ultimate declassification authority, however, the president can decide to override any objections they raise.

Once a final decision is made, and the relevant agency receives the president's signed memo, the physical document in question would be marked — the old classification level would be crossed out — and the document would then be stamped, "Declassified on X date" by the agency in question.’ ibid

And yet again – it doesn’t make any difference whether the documents were de-classified or not with regard to Trump being in legal jeopardy.

Or,

"We will tell you if you can vote, and also who to vote for. That's democracy."

As I said. You cannot share a nation with these people. Lincoln said, "A house divided cannot stand." (quoting Jesus) We're not even a 'house'. Anymore. Half of us is a yacht and the other half is a biodome on Mars or something.

It's over. I'm so sad. But it's over. It will take a while to unravel. But still.
Trump is an enemy of America’s democracy – he and his supporters sought to destroy America’s democracy during the 1/6 rightwing terrorist attack and their efforts are ongoing.

Prohibiting an enemy of America’s democracy – such as Trump – from holding public office will safeguard our democratic institutions from further attack by the illiberal, authoritarian, anti-democratic right.

Not applicable for Biden. Look, his son is running deals for the "big guy" and you and all your friends have no problem with that. Selling out our nation day and night, meh. But maybe Trump didn't go through all the documents--OH NOES

This is why we're done. I don't care what you think about it. I'm telling you how it is. People will only put up with injustice for so long
Not applicable for Biden why?

Because you don’t like him?

As far as anyone knows, Biden declared all of the docs reclassified to original classifications the minute he took office

Do it. Go for it. Pull that trigger.

Half the nation leaves.
lol

Nonsense.

But if you and others on the neo-fascist, illiberal, authoritarian, anti-democratic right want to go, those of us who love America and defend the Constitution and our democratic institutions would gladly buy your plane tickets to Russia or Hungary where you’ll be more at home.

The problem is that once a document is declassified it is available for public release. People can read them. Those are usually on a Friday. The Friday Document Dumps of lore and legend.

If these documents were declassified and still refused to be released then the Government did not know they were declassified.

Like Doctor Strangelove discussing the doomsday machine. It only works if you tell someone.

These documents are reportedly still marked Top Secret. They are supposed to be stamped declassified and the date. If they are declassified they are supposed to be released to the public. What Trump is claiming is he declassified them. But only for his personal use. I don’t think that is how declassification works.

And none of us know either. That sort of question can keep lawyers arguing for years.

Silly man, Trump is the final authority on the classification of documents. If the president says a document in his possession is unclassified, it is now unclassified. So how is it possible for a president to take home boxes full of "classified documents" he shouldn't have when they are even boxed up by some other supporting agency? Do you actually think Trump boxed all the crap up himself?
OK.

Trump de-classified the material as proscribed by law.

He’s still in legal jeopardy.

There would not:

‘It's not the case that a president can declassify documents with just verbal instructions. His instruction to declassify a given document would first be memorialized in a written memo, usually drafted by White House counsel, which he would then sign.

Typically, the leadership of the agency or agencies with equities in the document would be consulted and given an opportunity to provide their views on the declassification decision. As the ultimate declassification authority, however, the president can decide to override any objections they raise.

Once a final decision is made, and the relevant agency receives the president's signed memo, the physical document in question would be marked — the old classification level would be crossed out — and the document would then be stamped, "Declassified on X date" by the agency in question.’ ibid

And yet again – it doesn’t make any difference whether the documents were de-classified or not with regard to Trump being in legal jeopardy.

Bullshit Saul.

The SCOTUS already ruled on this.

{
The majority ruling in the 1988 Supreme Court case Department of Navy vs. Egan -- which addressed the legal recourse of a Navy employee who had been denied a security clearance -- addresses this line of authority.

"The President, after all, is the ‘Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States’" according to Article II of the Constitution, the court’s majority wrote. "His authority to classify and control access to information bearing on national security ... flows primarily from this constitutional investment of power in the President, and exists quite apart from any explicit congressional grant."}

I know you Nazis want to lie about this, as part of your assault on the Constitution, but this is already decided by the highest court in the land.

Trump is an enemy of America’s democracy – he and his supporters sought to destroy America’s democracy during the 1/6 rightwing terrorist attack and their efforts are ongoing.

Prohibiting an enemy of America’s democracy – such as Trump – from holding public office will safeguard our democratic institutions from further attack by the illiberal, authoritarian, anti-democratic right.

Seig Heil, uber alles democrat

• Funny
Reactions: BWK
Real Simple...

Media, Democrats and left elected officials on the news Hillary had her staff - literally - use hammers to bust up their cell phones, sent servers to private companies with no security clearance to delete data knowing there might be an investigation into this....

bored2.jpg

Media, Democrats and left elected officials on the news that the FBI served a warrant and we don't have any idea beside speculation what was there....

angry2.jpg

Forum List

Back