"Until our veterans..."

I am seeing posts about "Until our disabled veterans have the prosthetics they need, no money should be spent on sex change operations".

Don't we remember the "Until no veteran is homeless, no refugees should be brought here"?

Did the homeless veterans get anything? No.

I was born in 1960. I remember, as a child, hearing grownups talk about how terrible it was that the disabled veterans returning from Vietnam could not get the medical and psychological help they needed. That was 50 years ago. The simple truth is that disabled veterans have been being screwed for decades. The people in charge DO NOT CARE. The ONLY time they pay attention to disabled veterans is when they can parade them out to further some agenda.

And its funny that they can't find money for the brave men & women who BELIEVED our promises to take care of them. But we can find $1.6 billion for a wall that will not solve the illegal immigration problem. That is BILLION!

How about "Until every disabled veteran gets what they need, the US gov't will not pay for a single weekend at Mar-Lo (or whatever it is called)?

How about "Until every disabled veteran gets what they need, no US Senator or member of the House of Representative will receive pay or benefits"?

As long as VA benefits are treated as a "WE will pay for them if we have extra money", every single US citizen should be ASHAMED of how our disabled veterans are treated. And by the very entity that promised to take care of them.

The only thing more vile, disgusting, and horrendous than the way our disabled (and I am including homeless veterans here, because many, if not all, their mental issues stem from their service) are treated, it is parading them out to further an agenda.

And before anyone starts pointing fingers across the aisle (the typical "It is THEIR fault"), let me remind you that in MY LIFETIME, there have been 12 presidents (7 republican and 5 democrats) and not one of them fixed the problem. There have been 11 Speakers of the House in that same time span. And not one of them pushed thru a bill to take care of our disabled veterans.

How about "Until every disabled veteran gets what they need, the US gov't will not pay for a single weekend at Mar-Lo (or whatever it is called)?

How about "Until every disabled veteran gets what they need, no US Senator or member of the House of Representative will receive pay or benefits"

How about we stop importing filthy, third world future Democrats from the brown south by any means necessary? Stop the mass degradation of our nation and save $100 billion a year? Seems like the easier, right thing to do...no? .
We could take care of our vets and a lot of REAL American's with that kind of dough. Imagine all the Section 8 housing we could offer to homeless vets instead of the silver tooth anchors that Guadalupe and Manuel dropped. Whatta ya say?

Yet again, someone wants to blame their favorite fear.

Was there a big problem with illegal immigration back in the 1960s and 1970s? Is that why the vets then didn't get the care they needed?

If we stopped all the illegal immigration, do you really think anything would change for our disabled vets?

Haha...that's funny shit.
"Favorite fear"....scared of five foot tall, smelly little beaners?...NEGATIVE
You talk in circles...it's what all whack-jobs do. You claim to understand economics...clearly you do not.
You made the assertion that depriving REAL AMERICANS of their livelihoods would cause Vets to get what they deserve...that's a sensible "fix" in your head....yet you believe I'm an idiot for suggesting we cut our spending on illegals and divert funds to Vets....somehow that's not a sensible suggestion to you? Thanks for the fine display at just how twisted the Liberal mind really is.
Why are you so motivated to keep filthy thirdworlders here stealing from American's and degrading American society?

Once again, if we stopped all illegal immigration, do you think the VA would then be funded better and the care for our disabled vets would get better??

And no where did I make the assertion you claim I made (concerning depriving "real Americans" of their livelihoods).

You said:
"How about "Until every disabled veteran gets what they need, the US gov't will not pay for a single weekend at Mar-Lo (or whatever it is called)?
How about "Until every disabled veteran gets what they need, no US Senator or member of the House of Representative will receive pay or benefits"

I'm confused...Am I making this up? Are you lying or did you simply forget you posted this?

"if we stopped all illegal immigration, do you think the VA would then be funded better and the care for our disabled vets would get better??"
Maybe...maybe not. We should enforce our laws and stop illegal immigration anyway...right?
Let's simplify this further so you can better understand since you're having trouble with the elementary logic.
Take from REAL American's to POSSIBLY help Vets as you've suggested OR take from illegals to POSSIBLY help Vets as I've suggested....which seems more sensible to you?
Don't run away now...and be truthful.

Considering that my remarks about not paying elected officials puts the problem at the feet of the people responsible for it, I disagree that I am taking anything away from "real Americans" unless they continue to screw over the vets. And those disabled vets are certainly "REAL Americans". And they were made a promise by our leaders. Those leaders then refuse to honor the promise. Fuck'em.

I have no problem with understanding the issue. It is you who apparently think the disabled vets have to pay for their own prosthetic limbs.

Enforce our immigration laws. Please show me where I have EVER said that we should not enforce our borders. Your assumption that I am in favor of open borders shows your own ignorance, not mine.

But in 60 years there has been no solution to disabled veterans not getting the care they need. Now you want to blame it all on one president and one party. Tell me again how you understand this? Obviously you either do not understand or you do and just don't give a shit. I'll let you decide which.

And nothing I am suggesting is a "possible" help to vets. What I am saying is that the vets should be helped, regardless of anything else. You want to tie the medical assistance of disabled veterans to immigration. I don't want to tie it to anything except their service.

I am seeing posts about "Until our disabled veterans have the prosthetics they need, no money should be spent on sex change operations".

Don't we remember the "Until no veteran is homeless, no refugees should be brought here"?

Did the homeless veterans get anything? No.

I was born in 1960. I remember, as a child, hearing grownups talk about how terrible it was that the disabled veterans returning from Vietnam could not get the medical and psychological help they needed. That was 50 years ago. The simple truth is that disabled veterans have been being screwed for decades. The people in charge DO NOT CARE. The ONLY time they pay attention to disabled veterans is when they can parade them out to further some agenda.

And its funny that they can't find money for the brave men & women who BELIEVED our promises to take care of them. But we can find $1.6 billion for a wall that will not solve the illegal immigration problem. That is BILLION!

How about "Until every disabled veteran gets what they need, no US Senator or member of the House of Representative will receive pay or benefits"?

As long as VA benefits are treated as a "WE will pay for them if we have extra money", every single US citizen should be ASHAMED of how our disabled veterans are treated. And by the very entity that promised to take care of them.

The only thing more vile, disgusting, and horrendous than the way our disabled (and I am including homeless veterans here, because many, if not all, their mental issues stem from their service) are treated, it is parading them out to further an agenda.

And before anyone starts pointing fingers across the aisle (the typical "It is THEIR fault"), let me remind you that in MY LIFETIME, there have been 12 presidents (7 republican and 5 democrats) and not one of them fixed the problem. There have been 11 Speakers of the House in that same time span. And not one of them pushed thru a bill to take care of our disabled veterans.

How about we stop importing filthy, third world future Democrats from the brown south by any means necessary? Stop the mass degradation of our nation and save $100 billion a year? Seems like the easier, right thing to do...no? .
We could take care of our vets and a lot of REAL American's with that kind of dough. Imagine all the Section 8 housing we could offer to homeless vets instead of the silver tooth anchors that Guadalupe and Manuel dropped. Whatta ya say?

Was there a big problem with illegal immigration back in the 1960s and 1970s? Is that why the vets then didn't get the care they needed?

If we stopped all the illegal immigration, do you really think anything would change for our disabled vets?

You talk in circles...it's what all whack-jobs do. You claim to understand economics...clearly you do not.
You made the assertion that depriving REAL AMERICANS of their livelihoods would cause Vets to get what they deserve...that's a sensible "fix" in your head....yet you believe I'm an idiot for suggesting we cut our spending on illegals and divert funds to Vets....somehow that's not a sensible suggestion to you? Thanks for the fine display at just how twisted the Liberal mind really is.
Why are you so motivated to keep filthy thirdworlders here stealing from American's and degrading American society?

Once again, if we stopped all illegal immigration, do you think the VA would then be funded better and the care for our disabled vets would get better??

And no where did I make the assertion you claim I made (concerning depriving "real Americans" of their livelihoods).

I don't think it would make any difference one way or another, letting them cross the border or stopping them. The money to build the wall could go towards VA, but I don't believe even if they don't build the wall they would use that money for vets.

And that is the problem. These false comparisons assume that money saved would be spent on vets. History shows that the people who run the budgets don't give a damn about the vets.

I don't think it would make any difference one way or another, letting them cross the border or stopping them. The money to build the wall could go towards VA, but I don't believe even if they don't build the wall they would use that money for vets.

And that is the problem. These false comparisons assume that money saved would be spent on vets. History shows that the people who run the budgets don't give a damn about the vets.
The problem is not money or funding. Someone has to figure out a way to help vets who refuse to accept help. There are vets and always will be vets who for one reason or another refuse assistance or are not willing to follow simple rules needed to make them qualified. Rules like getting treatment at the VA, including rehab for substance abuse and taking VA medications. Homeless facilities do not allow people needing admittance into homeless shelters and houses if they show up under the influence of drugs or alcohol or are violent to other guests or residents.

The problem is not money or funding. Someone has to figure out a way to help vets who refuse to accept help. There are vets and always will be vets who for one reason or another refuse assistance or are not willing to follow simple rules needed to make them qualified. Rules like getting treatment at the VA, including rehab for substance abuse and taking VA medications. Homeless facilities do not allow people needing admittance into homeless shelters and houses if they show up under the influence of drugs or alcohol or are violent to other guests or residents.

Very good point. And I don't have an answer for this one.

What I intended as the focus of my rant is the disabled veterans who cannot get the help they need.

But I agree that we should try and figure out how to help the vets that, for whatever reason, refuse help.

A Sex change is elective surgery that has fuck all to do with service to ones country and should never be paid for by the VA. There will always be a Soldier, Marine, Airmen or Seaman that needs care because of a real service connected disability.

Very good point. And I don't have an answer for this one.

What I intended as the focus of my rant is the disabled veterans who cannot get the help they need.

But I agree that we should try and figure out how to help the vets that, for whatever reason, refuse help.
The issue is very complicated. President Clinton and President Bush both made sincere and successful efforts to make it easier for Vietnam and Persian Gulf War vets to collect benefits. Then, came Afghanistan and Iraq. The same changes that made it easier for vets applied by Clinton and Bush opened the door to the Afghan and Iraqi vets. That caused a flood of vets qualifying for benefits. They deserved it, but the VA was not prepared for the huge increase and still has difficulties dealing with the numbers.

Interestingly enough, we had a very active thread about a month ago where many of our Right wing posters declared that PTSD was a fake problem.

A fake problem / illness or an over-inflated problem perpetuated by attorneys?
Where there's cash there's chaos, lying and deceit.

How many do you estimate might be faking PTSD? I have a friend that knew a guy that faked back injuries when he got out and not only did he finally received SSDI he also was awarded 80% VA disability. The kid was 22.

I also had a guy 33 I sat with the first year of obamacare that had been out of the Navy around 6 months, pretty much overweight and bragged he was receiving something like 60% for sleep apnea. He had this shit eating grin on his face while telling me this. Wanted to reach over smack him. But don't you think a good percentage of actual combat vets may have PTSD?

But don't you think a good percentage of actual combat vets may have PTSD?

I have no idea what the percentages are but I'm concerned the can of worms has been opened.
You have to be "tuff-minded" if you're going to choose certain professions. How long before every doctor, officer, fireman and EMT require some sort of PTSD payment funded by taxpayers?

"tuff minded"?? WTF? So you think if our boys who went to serve were just tougher they wouldn't have any mental problems from combat??

And you know this how? You ever watch a buddy die screaming? I guess if you are tough enough that won't bother you. You ever watch children dying in a war zone? I guess being tough helps you forget that, huh?

Hey look...I don't deny that PTSD is a real issue...I simply question the number of cases which are valid. Only a naive, pussified idiot wouldn't.
I know this is a sensitive subject but let's not be scared to apply a little simple logic....Liberals, grab your straight jackets and roll up in the fetal position before reading any further.

OK READY! Here goes:

Doctors, officers, firemen and EMT's watch little children die tragically for decades. (not one tour)
How many PTSD claims have originated from those professions?

Had you actually been paying attention you would know that a great many of those suffer with PTSD along with victims of rapes and all types of disasters. You really should educate yourself before talking silliness.

A Sex change is elective surgery that has fuck all to do with service to ones country and should never be paid for by the VA. There will always be a Soldier, Marine, Airmen or Seaman that needs care because of a real service connected disability.

We pay considerably more, to the tune of millions, for Viagra. Just stop already with the "cost of transgendered" active duty, retirees and veterans.

Stop with all the left right blame game, vets get priority they did there part, now we who did not fight pay up.

I'll believe it when I see it, from either party. Stop using us as a political football and DO something.

I'd say the biggest single problem is blatant corruption within the VA bureaucracy.

A fake problem / illness or an over-inflated problem perpetuated by attorneys?
Where there's cash there's chaos, lying and deceit.

How many do you estimate might be faking PTSD? I have a friend that knew a guy that faked back injuries when he got out and not only did he finally received SSDI he also was awarded 80% VA disability. The kid was 22.

I also had a guy 33 I sat with the first year of obamacare that had been out of the Navy around 6 months, pretty much overweight and bragged he was receiving something like 60% for sleep apnea. He had this shit eating grin on his face while telling me this. Wanted to reach over smack him. But don't you think a good percentage of actual combat vets may have PTSD?

I have no idea what the percentages are but I'm concerned the can of worms has been opened.
You have to be "tuff-minded" if you're going to choose certain professions. How long before every doctor, officer, fireman and EMT require some sort of PTSD payment funded by taxpayers?

"tuff minded"?? WTF? So you think if our boys who went to serve were just tougher they wouldn't have any mental problems from combat??

And you know this how? You ever watch a buddy die screaming? I guess if you are tough enough that won't bother you. You ever watch children dying in a war zone? I guess being tough helps you forget that, huh?

Hey look...I don't deny that PTSD is a real issue...I simply question the number of cases which are valid. Only a naive, pussified idiot wouldn't.
I know this is a sensitive subject but let's not be scared to apply a little simple logic....Liberals, grab your straight jackets and roll up in the fetal position before reading any further.

OK READY! Here goes:

Doctors, officers, firemen and EMT's watch little children die tragically for decades. (not one tour)

Had you actually been paying attention you would know that a great many of those suffer with PTSD along with victims of rapes and all types of disasters. You really should educate yourself before talking silliness.

WOW...you must be a really smart guy...sounds like you really know your shit as it pertains to PTSD. So, smart guy...I ask again, how many PTSD claims have originated in other fields of work where traumatic happenings have been common and have happened far more often than in a tour of duty? Surely you have the answer?
One other thing....how long ago did you file your bullshit claim?

OK READY! Here goes:

WOW...you must be a really smart guy...sounds like you really know your shit as it pertains to PTSD. So, smart guy...I ask again, how many PTSD claims have originated in other fields of work where traumatic happenings have been common and have happened far more often than in a tour of duty? Surely you have the answer?

The rate for aid workers is 10-30%....which, I believe is about the same for combat war vets.

Aid workers and post-traumatic stress disorder

OK READY! Here goes:

First of all, PTSD happens in those professions. The difference is, most doctors, fire fighters and EMTs who are bothered by the trauma will find other careers. Ever try to end your enlistment early? Doesn't work quite the same way.

Second, it is not just the stress of seeing bad things. It is being in fear for your life for extended periods of time. The Fight or Flight Response is typically a rare thing for people. To have to live in that mode for days, weeks or even months is destructive to the human body.

How much combat time do you have?

OK READY! Here goes:

First of all, PTSD happens in those professions. The difference is, most doctors, fire fighters and EMTs who are bothered by the trauma will find other careers. Ever try to end your enlistment early? Doesn't work quite the same way.

Second, it is not just the stress of seeing bad things. It is being in fear for your life for extended periods of time. The Fight or Flight Response is typically a rare thing for people. To have to live in that mode for days, weeks or even months is destructive to the human body.

Don't need "combat time" to be logical and call bullshit when I smell it. Don't let it hurt your feelings...but admit it...not every claimant who cries PTSD has PTSD. If you honestly believe otherwise you're simply being naive and or ignorant. That's the point I made earlier and I'm sticking to it....haha. Sorry to be sensible fellas!

OK READY! Here goes:

Yes, I have considerable knowledge about PTSU. It is you who are clueless. I was an Army medic in Vietnam where I was awarded a Combat Medical Badge. My Bn. received a Valorous Unit Award for actions during the Cambodia Incursion. Over a period well in excess of two decades I have been part of teams treating patients with PTSD. And have had my own disorder evaluated and treated by VA professionals.
If you should ever break down and begin to educate yourself on the subject, one of the very first thing you will learn is that there is no one set type or amount of trauma that results in PTSD. Obviously non-military persons are not going to be filing disability claims with the VA . If you are interested in such you can check with insurance companies, therapists, and private mental health facilities. But don't expect to beg the question or have someone do your research for you. And don't pretend that you have any idea how much trauma a person will be exposed to in any particular line of work over any particular time period.

OK READY! Here goes:

Don't need "combat time" to be logical and call bullshit when I smell it. Don't let it hurt your feelings...but admit it...not every claimant who cries PTSD has PTSD. If you honestly believe otherwise you're simply being naive and or ignorant. That's the point I made earlier and I'm sticking to it....haha. Sorry to be sensible fellas!

"Sensible"? Broadcasting your ignorance at the top of your lungs is "sensible"? Really?

OK READY! Here goes:

Yes, I have considerable knowledge about PTSU. It is you who are clueless. I was an Army medic in Vietnam where I was awarded a Combat Medical Badge. My Bn. received a Valorous Unit Award for actions during the Cambodia Incursion. Over a period well in excess of two decades I have been part of teams treating patients with PTSD. And have had my own disorder evaluated and treated by VA professionals.
If you should ever break down and begin to educate yourself on the subject, one of the very first thing you will learn is that there is no one set type or amount of trauma that results in PTSD. Obviously non-military persons are not going to be filing disability claims with the VA . If you are interested in such you can check with insurance companies, therapists, and private mental health facilities. But don't expect to beg the question or have someone do your research for you. And don't pretend that you have any idea how much trauma a person will be exposed to in any particular line of work over any particular time period.

OK READY! Here goes:

"Sensible"? Broadcasting your ignorance at the top of your lungs is "sensible"? Really?

Well, there we have it folks...every single person who claims to have PTSD does in fact have PTSD. Get your checkbooks ready American Taxpayers. I saw someone cut off their finger once...I have PTSD.

OK READY! Here goes:

The rate for aid workers is 10-30%....which, I believe is about the same for combat war vets.

Aid workers and post-traumatic stress disorder

The rate for refugees is 5-30% as well.

PTSD in Refugees - PTSD: National Center for PTSD

A

OK READY! Here goes:

Well, there we have it folks...every single person who claims to have PTSD does in fact have PTSD. Get your checkbooks ready American Taxpayers. I saw someone cut off their finger once...I have PTSD.
Are you comparing your experiences to those of combat veterans?

Forum List

Back