Update on Waffle house shooting over no smoking request…yep, a gun free zone, and he had a record.

"Update on Waffle house shooting over no smoking request…yep, a gun free zone, and he had a record."

This is truly moronic.

If the shooter had a gun clearly it wasn't a "gun free zone," an employee could likewise carry a concealed gun.

The thread premise consequently fails, as people carry guns whether the property owner prohibits it or not.

Against corporate policy twit. The Corporate policy is no guns allowed…..try reading the link.

"Update on Waffle house shooting over no smoking request…yep, a gun free zone, and he had a record."

This is truly moronic.

If the shooter had a gun clearly it wasn't a "gun free zone," an employee could likewise carry a concealed gun.

The thread premise consequently fails, as people carry guns whether the property owner prohibits it or not.

Nope…….criminals do that, as they did here….normal gun owners don't carry into gun free zones…since in many cases that would be a class B misdemeanor and surrendering your permit to carry, or they no longer patronize that establishment…they have an app now that let's you know which businesses are declared gun free zones.

Many years ago I was taking my friend, from our military days, to his physical therapy appointment. He had been shot in VN and had trouble walking. We were waiting for his ride to pick us up.
I was helping him to stand up. Some bastard walked past and called us "baby killers". You know. What John Kerry called us. He saw my friend's veteran ball cap.
I sat my friend down on a bench and I went after the fucking scum. I beat the bastard within an inch of his life. To make sure he never forgot what happened to him I stuck a pen in one of his eyes. That asshole is walking around today with one eye. And my friend Greg committed suicide a few months later overdosing. All the VA did was get him hooked on hard drugs and turned him into a heroin addict.
Did you do Jail time for YOUR crime?

If not, why not? You committed a felony!!!!
Hope not, the scumbag deserved it.
Why would someone deserve to get the crap beaten out of them AND a pen stuck in their eye, and lose their eye, simply for not saying the PC thing?

THAT'S DEMENTED and SICK, and MENTALLY DERANGED.

to even think for a nano second otherwise, is nothing less than EVIL, pure unadulterated evil.

Of course, you are right, but in this case, I wouldn't worry about it too much. More likely, it's just a made up story so the poster can feel macho about himself. It's sad when people have to do that to compensate for their complete failure in life.

I'm really curious - what difference did the no gun policy supposedly make in the tragedy?

The fact that it didn't stop a criminal from bringing a gun into their store…….had he decided to shoot other people they would have been helpless too since law abiding people don't bring guns into legally mandated gun free zones.

The only thing that stopped this from being another mass shooting in a gun free zone is that the shooter didn't choose to shoot more people…the "gun free zone," did nothing to protect anyone from guns.
the fact that this mentally ill person had access to guns is the problem, and that this mentally ill person was not institutionalized for the care he needed is a real problem as well.

I'm really curious - what difference did the no gun policy supposedly make in the tragedy?

The fact that it didn't stop a criminal from bringing a gun into their store…….had he decided to shoot other people they would have been helpless too since law abiding people don't bring guns into legally mandated gun free zones.

The only thing that stopped this from being another mass shooting in a gun free zone is that the shooter didn't choose to shoot more people…the "gun free zone," did nothing to protect anyone from guns.
the fact that this mentally ill person had access to guns is the problem, and that this mentally ill person was not institutionalized for the care he needed is a real problem as well.

That's what scares me most. The crazies are the one most likely to be gun nuts.

And the criminals in democrats cities are the most likely to actually shoot people………by far they shoot more people than the crazies do….

If you're an indication, the average gun owner is mentally ill...very much so.
No, the vast majority of gun owners are sane, rational people - this one is his own special idiot.

The vast majority of gun owners don't prance around in Walmart with a gun strapped to their hip or oppose every effort at reasonable gun control. The crazies are carrying the gun message.

What in the world is going on out there?

I mean, years ago, the Christian groups were fanatics on saying that these video games were bad news and were only going to desensitize our youth, to killing easier, in real life.... I balked at what they were saying and maybe even laughed at them....

Now I am wondering if these games have had an affect on the mentally unstable....? Mass shootings have gone wayy up, and maybe this violent game desensitizing has finally come home to roost? Honestly, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.... :( but something is amiss....

(YES, of course most gamers are not off their rockers and know the difference between real life and a game....but is this true at a young age, or is this true with a person who is suffering with mental problems already, I dunno?)

If you're an indication, the average gun owner is mentally ill...very much so.
No, the vast majority of gun owners are sane, rational people - this one is his own special idiot.

The vast majority of gun owners don't prance around in Walmart with a gun strapped to their hip or oppose every effort at reasonable gun control. The crazies are carrying the gun message.

Tell us what reasonable gun control is……..enlighten us.

That's what scares me most. The crazies are the one most likely to be gun nuts.

And the criminals in democrats cities are the most likely to actually shoot people………by far they shoot more people than the crazies do….

So you finally admit you're crazy.

How do you read that from what I posted? Did you attend a government school controlled by the democrat party members of the teachers unions…..? That would explain a lot…..

What in the world is going on out there?

I mean, years ago, the Christian groups were fanatics on saying that these video games were bad news and were only going to desensitize our youth, to killing easier, in real life.... I balked at what they were saying and maybe even laughed at them....

Now I am wondering if these games have had an affect on the mentally unstable....? Mass shootings have gone wayy up, and maybe this violent game desensitizing has finally come home to roost? Honestly, I don't know, I don't know, I don't know.... :( but something is amiss....

(YES, of course most gamers are not off their rockers and know the difference between real life and a game....but is this true at a young age, or is this true with a person who is suffering with mental problems already, I dunno?)

Why would you doubt it? We have one here that fantasizes about stabbing someone in the eye.

This is truly moronic.

Against corporate policy twit. The Corporate policy is no guns allowed…..try reading the link.
would you follow that policy?

do you check your concealed weapon at the door?

This is truly moronic.

Any sane person wouldn't think they need a gun to eat a soggy waffle.

This is truly moronic.

agreed. hence the question...

This is truly moronic.

I leave my gun in my car or leave it at home when I know I am going to a gun free zone business…..one food store allows carry, the other doesn't…..I don't carry in the one that doesn't allow it……I obey the law…..it is a class B misdemeanor here in Illinois…..

This is truly moronic.

Except for the ones who do……..a lot of restaurants get robbed……the customers at the Palatine, Brown's Chicken wish someone had carried a gun to eat fried chicken…..but because we didn't have concealed carry back then…all of the employees were murdered.

This is truly moronic.

I leave my gun in my car or leave it at home when I know I am going to a gun free zone business…..one food store allows carry, the other doesn't…..I don't carry in the one that doesn't allow it……I obey the law…..it is a class B misdemeanor here in Illinois…..

You never know when you might be attacked by a little old lady or head of lettuce, right?

This came up as one of the anti gunners pointed to the event posted in November trying to make a dumb point about people carrying guns.

As I reported after it happened, I had called the corporate headquarters to ask if they had a gun free zone policy in their restaurants….and yes, they did….

Now I have it confirmed in a news story and it also came out the shooter had suffered a traumatic brain injury and had a record of misdemeanor crimes…

So, not a normal gun owner, and he violated a gun free zone….and likely could not possess the gun legally.

Biloxi Waffle House server killed over a cigarette 'was so friendly'

However, Waffle House prohibits firearms in its restaurants unless the customer works in a law enforcement field, or the military, Warner said.

------------
Mount has no felony record, but he does have misdemeanor violations.

More on the shooter…..

Waffle House Customer Shoots and Kills Waitress Over No-Smoking Policy [Updated]

Friends and former colleagues of Mount tell the Associated Press that he previously worked as a firefighter but left the department in 2002 after being hit by a car. Mount allegedly suffered a traumatic brain injury in the accident.
Normal gun owner? Look, you want a gun, just put the word out that you are willing to pay a good price for one, and you can get it, no questions asked. Missourian bought an AR in a Walmart parking lot. Gun, magazines, and ammo. No questions asked, and no one but he and the person selling the gun knew that he had bought it.

There is no such thing as a normal gun owner today. Anyone, no matter what the background can get a gun in this nation. We are awash in guns, and you idiots are trying to make it even more so.

This is truly moronic.

Except for the ones who do……..a lot of restaurants get robbed……the customers at the Palatine, Brown's Chicken wish someone had carried a gun to eat fried chicken…..but because we didn't have concealed carry back then…all of the employees were murdered.
And we lose 32,000 or more citizens a year to guns. Like some third world nation.

This came up as one of the anti gunners pointed to the event posted in November trying to make a dumb point about people carrying guns.

As I reported after it happened, I had called the corporate headquarters to ask if they had a gun free zone policy in their restaurants….and yes, they did….

Now I have it confirmed in a news story and it also came out the shooter had suffered a traumatic brain injury and had a record of misdemeanor crimes…

So, not a normal gun owner, and he violated a gun free zone….and likely could not possess the gun legally.

Biloxi Waffle House server killed over a cigarette 'was so friendly'

However, Waffle House prohibits firearms in its restaurants unless the customer works in a law enforcement field, or the military, Warner said.

------------
Mount has no felony record, but he does have misdemeanor violations.

More on the shooter…..

Waffle House Customer Shoots and Kills Waitress Over No-Smoking Policy [Updated]

Friends and former colleagues of Mount tell the Associated Press that he previously worked as a firefighter but left the department in 2002 after being hit by a car. Mount allegedly suffered a traumatic brain injury in the accident.
Normal gun owner? Look, you want a gun, just put the word out that you are willing to pay a good price for one, and you can get it, no questions asked. Missourian bought an AR in a Walmart parking lot. Gun, magazines, and ammo. No questions asked, and no one but he and the person selling the gun knew that he had bought it.

There is no such thing as a normal gun owner today. Anyone, no matter what the background can get a gun in this nation. We are awash in guns, and you idiots are trying to make it even more so.

Wrong..as usual. A normal gun owner uses their gun legally for legal purposes, sport, hunting, self defense, collecting, and some tinker………those are normal gun owners and they will own and carry guns all of their lives and never shoot anyone or use their gun to rape, rob, kidnap, or murder anyone at any time. of the 90,000,000 homes with guns in them, these are not just the majority, they are the super majority, considering there are only 8,124 gun murders in 2014 and that is going down.

normal gun owners = 356,991, 876 million

Our criminals who use illegal guns for murder…. 8,124

Of those 8,124 gun murders, the majority are committed by the not normal gun owners….the violent criminals who get illegal guns, illegally and then use them to commit crimes and of those 8,124 gun murders the majority of victims are other criminals

So there are two gun cultures in this country and the largest of the two does not commit crimes with their guns……

The others, live in tin, multi block areas in our inner cities, vote democrat as a tendency and live in democrat controlled political areas…..

Last edited:

This is truly moronic.

You never know when you might be attacked by a little old lady or head of lettuce, right?

Or…say a muslim couple at a Christmas party…..or sitting in a Cafe in a gun free country like paris….or in your home in Vice President Joe Biden's neighborhood, as your family is slaughtered………..

I am not concerned with little old ladies or lettuce…that you think about them first shows how un serious you are.

Forum List

Back