US Army now lettiing Sikh soldiers wear beards and turbans

The white christer trash are going into overdrive shitting their pants!! I love it!!!!

The propensity of most on the right to get upset over non-issues is ridiculous.

That most on the right attempt to contrive ‘controversies’ where none exist is idiotic.

And the bigotry exhibited toward Muslims by many on the right is reprehensible.

A gas mask won't seal over facial hair. A helmet won't fit over a turn on. How are you going feel when these exemptions costs soldier's lives in the battlefield. Not to mention the hygene issues that come along with long hair and whiskers.

There are reasons for grooming standards.

I notice no one addressed the REAL reason the Military does not allow Beards. As already noted one can not seal a gas mask so any chemical or biological attack will maim kill or render useless any military person with a beard. A person can not put a helmet on over a turban meaning they are not protected from shrapnel or gun fire on their heads. Further the reason men do not ear long hair or facial hair is alos because it is a hygiene issue when one is in the bush for a few days one can not properly care for long hair or beards. They become a safety and health issue.

I notice no one addressed the REAL reason the Military does not allow Beards. As already noted one can not seal a gas mask so any chemical or biological attack will maim kill or render useless any military person with a beard. A person can not put a helmet on over a turban meaning they are not protected from shrapnel or gun fire on their heads. Further the reason men do not ear long hair or facial hair is alos because it is a hygiene issue when one is in the bush for a few days one can not properly care for long hair or beards. They become a safety and health issue.

Well that is not completely true.

I had a beard for a number of years and was Naval Aircrewman. I routinely had to don O2 masks for flight, OBA (Oxygen Breathing Apparatus), and Gas Masks as part of NBC warfare training.

In the interest of honesty, I will say it was never a "long" beard. By regulation I was requried to keep it short for donning emergency equipment.

Fucking disgusting
Only in Obama's military
Try that shit on Reagan or bush's watch
Never fucking happen assholes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually beards were allowed in Reagan's military. I had one in the Navy up until 1984 when the CNO rescinded the beard authorization.

Just say'n.

>>>>

I had a beard for a number of years and was Naval Aircrewman. I routinely had to don O2 masks for flight, OBA (Oxygen Breathing Apparatus), and Gas Masks as part of NBC warfare training.

In the interest of honesty, I will say it was never a "long" beard. By regulation I was requried to keep it short for donning emergency equipment.

Fucking disgusting
Only in Obama's military

Actually beards were allowed in Reagan's military. I had one in the Navy up until 1984 when the CNO rescinded the beard authorization.

Just say'n.

>>>>
And tell us if Sikhs wear beards trimmed to the jaw law under neath and cut short? Or if they wear Turbin's that can be instantly removed for putting on a helmet?

Fucking disgusting
Only in Obama's military

Just say'n.

>>>>
And tell us if Sikhs wear beards trimmed to the jaw law under neath and cut short? Or if they wear Turbin's that can be instantly removed for putting on a helmet?

I didn't address combat helmets, didn't wear them.

And I said that the regulations at the time specified a short beard.

I was just pointing out Gunny that beards do not preclude wearing a gas mask.

However...

During the BOLC course, the captain was easily able to wear his Kevlar helmet over a custom-made Army Camouflage Uniform turban with rank insignia he had created and paid for himself.

Rattan also worked with an Army tailor to create a flash, or insignia patch, which is worn on Soldiers' berets, and could be attached to his usual black turban with Velcro.

"I was told there were two challenges to allow Sikhs in the military. The first was that we could not put the Kevlar helmet on our heads, which I do every day,"...​

Sikh Soldiers allowed to serve, retain their articles of faith | Article | The United States Army

And to qualify and maintain the exemption...

“While assigned or performing non-hazardous duties, you may wear a beard, turban, and uncut hair in a neat and conservative manner that presents a professional and well-groomed appearance. The bulk of your hair, beard, or turban may not be such that it impairs your ability to wear the Army Combat Helmet (ACH) or other protective equipment or impedes your ability to operate your assigned weapon, military equipment or machinery,” the memo says.​

Army Allows Sikh Soldier to Wear Turban and Beard

WW
Chief Petty Officer
USN Ret.

>>>>

A gas mask won't seal over facial hair. .

I was watching a documentary today that said that's why hitler went to that dinky moustache he wore. During WW1 he had normal 4 inch stache and found out his gas mask didn't protect him

What will we do if girls are allowed into combat? No doubt we'll let girls keep long hair but not let men. Having the same rule for everyone is "discriminatory"!!!!

What will we do if girls are allowed into combat? No doubt we'll let girls keep long hair but not let men. Having the same rule for everyone is "discriminatory"!!!!
you never cease to amaze with your stupidity

That most on the right attempt to contrive ‘controversies’ where none exist is idiotic.

Actually it has nothing to do with bigotry and everything to do with standards.

Actually it has nothing to do with bigotry and everything to do with standards.

Liberals don't have standards.

Fucking disgusting
Only in Obama's military

Just say'n.

>>>>

An OBA, or an SCBA is totally different than the protective masks issued to ground forces.

Forum List

Back