US Army now lettiing Sikh soldiers wear beards and turbans

The propensity of most on the right to get upset over non-issues is ridiculous.

That most on the right attempt to contrive ‘controversies’ where none exist is idiotic.

And the bigotry exhibited toward Muslims by many on the right is reprehensible.
do you even know why we have a rule against beards?

and mulsims like to murder non-muslims, in brutal fashions.

You are an idiot....not even worth the key strokes.
beards do not allow for a proper seal during gas attacks or if a mask is needed in a fire.

your ignorance will cost people their lives. Vets will die b/c your to much of a retard to try to understand the rules and why they are there.

That most on the right attempt to contrive ‘controversies’ where none exist is idiotic.

beards do not allow for a proper seal during gas attacks or if a mask is needed in a fire.

your ignorance will cost people their lives. Vets will die b/c your to much of a retard to try to understand the rules and why they are there.
Considering that those who have the beards are probably not issued masks in the first place as they are in non-combatant positions, it doesn't really matter.

I, quite frankly, don't know what you're babbling about son.
I understand you were in during Reagan and had a beard up to a point - and the Navy outlawed them. I remember that.

A. Please don't call me "son", I an not your son and we entered service around the same time so you are not significantly older than I am. Maybe a couple of years since you joined two years before I did. No where near enough age difference for you to be considered my elder.

B. I simply pointed out that "yes - beards were allowed on Reagan's watch".

>>>>

the army doesn't see a problem. why do you?

Considering that those who have the beards are probably not issued masks in the first place as they are in non-combatant positions, it doesn't really matter.

When there's a CBC attack aboard ship, dingbat, the chemicals do not distinguish between who's fucking who.
And why would Army doctors be assigned aboard a ship?

But...Sikhs were allowed to serve with beards and turbans from 1948-1984. There were no issues that I'm aware of and they were restricted to medical and clerical postions and not deployed forward.

I have heard that the question of sealing the mask is not actually a problem and there is no such issue.

They allow medical exemptions for beards, now they allow religious ones. This is what always happens when you make exceptions to the rules. Everybody says they're special.

Sikh-American Army Officer Wins Ability to Serve with Beard, Turban

april 1 2016 In a decision by the U.S. Army Thursday, Capt. Simratpal Singh, a decorated Sikh-American officer and combat veteran, has received a long-term religious accommodation to serve with long hair, a beard, and turban in accordance with his Sikh faith.

In March, a U.S. district judge issues a temporary restraining order against additional non-standard, discriminatory testing. According to The Sikh Coalition, which is representing Singh with The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty and the law firm of McDermott Will & Emery, Singh is the first Sikh American to receive religious accommodation while already actively serving in the U.S. Army.

Before 1974, Sikh Americans were allowed to serve in the U.S. military with their articles of faith intact. Since 1981, stricter grooming regulations have required requests for religious accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Until now, only three had been granted. Meanwhile, about 50,000 U.S. soldiers have permanent beard exemptions for medical reasons, according to Singh's team.
Sikhs have the reputation as some of the world's best fighters....and you want to be a pissant about beards?

They allow medical exemptions for beards, now they allow religious ones. This is what always happens when you make exceptions to the rules. Everybody says they're special.

april 1 2016 In a decision by the U.S. Army Thursday, Capt. Simratpal Singh, a decorated Sikh-American officer and combat veteran, has received a long-term religious accommodation to serve with long hair, a beard, and turban in accordance with his Sikh faith.

In March, a U.S. district judge issues a temporary restraining order against additional non-standard, discriminatory testing. According to The Sikh Coalition, which is representing Singh with The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty and the law firm of McDermott Will & Emery, Singh is the first Sikh American to receive religious accommodation while already actively serving in the U.S. Army.

Before 1974, Sikh Americans were allowed to serve in the U.S. military with their articles of faith intact. Since 1981, stricter grooming regulations have required requests for religious accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Until now, only three had been granted. Meanwhile, about 50,000 U.S. soldiers have permanent beard exemptions for medical reasons, according to Singh's team.
America under obuthole has lost its identity.
please, describe the 'lost' identity
World leader reduced to a laughing stock with a clown for its president.
Nope...no matter how much you RWrs say it.

You DO realize that Sikhs are not Muslim, right?
Honestly...I believe he's too stupid and too inbred to get that.

So since they are making exceptions for one religion...must they permit things for all other religions now also?

Will Muslims be granted permission to sport the beard and turban?

Sikhs have the reputation as some of the world's best fighters....and you want to be a pissant about beards?

It's the unkempt long beard and long hair

It doesn't look professional and in reality it is a hygiene issue

Lice and chiggers love long hair and beards so think about that if you're in the field sharing a tent

A gas mask won't seal over facial hair. A helmet won't fit over a turn on. How are you going feel when these exemptions costs soldier's lives in the battlefield. Not to mention the hygene issues that come along with long hair and whiskers.

There are reasons for grooming standards.
Those duck hunters in Louisiana sure look like they have a hygiene issues.

Will someone please explain to me why there should be any accommodating for religions anywhere?

We should not legally require any accommodations for any religion.

Doing so IMO violates the first amendment. The religious are the first to whine if the government tries to make them do anything but then they want the government to pass laws giving their religions special privileges

I say tough shit. If the rules don't jive with your superstitions then you don't have to work at that business or join that club or enter the military

Believe me none of those places will be worse off of you would rather practice your religion instead of working there

Last edited:
Will someone please explain to me why there should be any accommodating for religions anywhere?

Doing so IMO violates the first amendment. The religious are the first ti whine if the government tries to make them do anything but then they want the government to pass laws giving their religions special privileges

I say tough shit. If the rules don't jive with your superstitions then you don't have to work at that business or join that club or enter the military

Believe me none of those places will be worse off of you would rather practice your religion instead of working there
Where were you when Orthodox Jews were allowed to wear their yamulkes?

They used to allow them when I was in during the 1980's..

Doing so IMO violates the first amendment. The religious are the first ti whine if the government tries to make them do anything but then they want the government to pass laws giving their religions special privileges

Where were you when Orthodox Jews were allowed to wear their yamulkes?

And you assume I would have supported a law giving them a special privilege?

Please point me to the yarmulke thread and I'll post the same fucking thing I did here

Forum List

Back