US Army now lettiing Sikh soldiers wear beards and turbans

you are calling the richest, most prosperous nation on the planet something other than a first world nation?

do you try to be that ridiculous or is it natural for you?
You've obviously never been to Martinsburg, WV.
i avoid armpits

but a few impoverished communities does not make us something other than a first world nation
We (not this we) are culturally in the dump.
according to you
If you can't see it that would be your problem.
Nope...it's YOUR narrow minded xenophobic problem.

I notice no one addressed the REAL reason the Military does not allow Beards. As already noted one can not seal a gas mask so any chemical or biological attack will maim kill or render useless any military person with a beard. A person can not put a helmet on over a turban meaning they are not protected from shrapnel or gun fire on their heads. Further the reason men do not ear long hair or facial hair is alos because it is a hygiene issue when one is in the bush for a few days one can not properly care for long hair or beards. They become a safety and health issue.

Well that is not completely true.

I had a beard for a number of years and was Naval Aircrewman. I routinely had to don O2 masks for flight, OBA (Oxygen Breathing Apparatus), and Gas Masks as part of NBC warfare training.

In the interest of honesty, I will say it was never a "long" beard. By regulation I was requried to keep it short for donning emergency equipment.

Fucking disgusting
Only in Obama's military
Try that shit on Reagan or bush's watch
Never fucking happen assholes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually beards were allowed in Reagan's military. I had one in the Navy up until 1984 when the CNO rescinded the beard authorization.

Just say'n.

>>>>
My squadron and the staff in Antarctica traditionally grew beards....we women got fake ones for pictures, it was such a tradition.

I notice no one addressed the REAL reason the Military does not allow Beards. As already noted one can not seal a gas mask so any chemical or biological attack will maim kill or render useless any military person with a beard. A person can not put a helmet on over a turban meaning they are not protected from shrapnel or gun fire on their heads. Further the reason men do not ear long hair or facial hair is alos because it is a hygiene issue when one is in the bush for a few days one can not properly care for long hair or beards. They become a safety and health issue.

What will we do if girls are allowed into combat? No doubt we'll let girls keep long hair but not let men. Having the same rule for everyone is "discriminatory"!!!!
Girls aren't old enough....but I'm sure you'd hide behind one if the big bad non-white was coming at you.

Last I checked Reagan was President starting in 1981. I came in in '78 and hit the fleet in December of '80 and could grow my beard which wasn't allowed in training commands unless you were a fleet returnee.

Just say'n.

>>>>

I, quite frankly, don't know what you're babbling about son.
I understand you were in during Reagan and had a beard up to a point - and the Navy outlawed them. I remember that.
When I came in in 76 - and entered the fleet under that idiot Carter - people had beards along the same line as ZZ Top. Many were ex-convicts, or future convicts. Drugs were everywhere. As was racism. Morale sucked. Ships were rotting at the fucking pier. Signs reading "Sailors and dogs keep off the grass" were everywhere. Pay sucked. Berthing compartments were pig-styes. Hell, our Navigator snorted coke in the Wardroom on his duty nights.
The state of the military then is much like Obama's current military.
What a load of crap you push out there, boot.

My squadron and the staff in Antarctica traditionally grew beards....we women got fake ones for pictures, it was such a tradition.

I remember that. I didn't shave the entire time I was there. And showered very rarely. Just too much trouble and no one to smell good for.

Actually beards were allowed in Reagan's military. I had one in the Navy up until 1984 when the CNO rescinded the beard authorization.

Just say'n.

>>>>

Actually - that was Zumwalt's/Carter's fucked-up Navy. I came in in '76.
Just say'n.
Sure you did....then you would know that beards were still allowed until about 84, 85.

Navy only or Special Forces based away from home
The Navy did have length and grooming standards for beards
The birds' nest Sikh beards would not fly

So since they are making exceptions for one religion...must they permit things for all other religions now also?

Will Muslims be granted permission to sport the beard and turban?
You must not have served.....with an orthodox Jew.

Will someone please explain to me why there should be any accommodating for religions anywhere?

We should not legally require any accommodations for any religion.

Doing so IMO violates the first amendment. The religious are the first ti whine if the government tries to make them do anything but then they want the government to pass laws giving their religions special privileges

I say tough shit. If the rules don't jive with your superstitions then you don't have to work at that business or join that club or enter the military

Believe me none of those places will be worse off of you would rather practice your religion instead of working there
Where were you when Orthodox Jews were allowed to wear their yamulkes?

And you assume I would have supported a law giving them a special privilege?

Please point me to the yarmulke thread and I'll post the same fucking thing I did here
What a liar you are....they've been around for quite a while and not a peep out of your ilk.

The birds' nest Sikh beards would not fly

turban2n-1-web.jpg

U.S. Army Capt. Simratpal Singh
West Point Graduate
Combat Engineer
Bronze Star

I remember that. I didn't shave the entire time I was there. And showered very rarely. Just too much trouble and no one to smell good for.
It was really dry there...and of course we had to do Navy showers....allowed once a week, but don't remember my hair getting bad while up here have to wash every other day at the most or else, yuck.

Will someone please explain to me why there should be any accommodating for religions anywhere?

Doing so IMO violates the first amendment. The religious are the first ti whine if the government tries to make them do anything but then they want the government to pass laws giving their religions special privileges

I say tough shit. If the rules don't jive with your superstitions then you don't have to work at that business or join that club or enter the military

Believe me none of those places will be worse off of you would rather practice your religion instead of working there

Please point me to the yarmulke thread and I'll post the same fucking thing I did here
What a liar you are....they've been around for quite a while and not a peep out of your ilk.

Where is the thread on yarmulkes?

Gee, didn't know you were Google helpless....

Poor thing...here you go...

ACCOMMODATION OF RELIGIOUS PRACTICES WITHIN THE US MILITARY

upload_2016-4-4_10-41-7.png

upload_2016-4-4_10-41-26.png

Kippah the Jewish Uniform

All found with very little effort....if one is smart enough to know how to do a Google search.

Gee, didn't know you were Google helpless....

Poor thing...here you go...

ACCOMMODATION OF RELIGIOUS PRACTICES WITHIN THE US MILITARY

View attachment 70196

View attachment 70197

Kippah the Jewish Uniform

All found with very little effort....if one is smart enough to know how to do a Google search.

Forgive the FUCK out of me for missing an obscure internet article

Tell you what post a thread about it and I'll post the same thing I did in this one about religious exceptions

Yeah ignore the long hair under the towel

Like I said IDGAF if beards are allowed or not but if they are not then no special exceptions should be made

9683322-Young-woman-with-hair-wrapped-in-towel-Stock-Photo-towel-women.jpg

I'm sorry, I didn't know the army had requirements that women cut off long hair.

When did that start?

My wife is retired Navy, she always had long hair.

>>>>

Yeah ignore the long hair under the towel

Like I said IDGAF if beards are allowed or not but if they are not then no special exceptions should be made

9683322-Young-woman-with-hair-wrapped-in-towel-Stock-Photo-towel-women.jpg

I'm sorry, I didn't know the army had requirements that women cut off long hair.

When did that start?

My wife is retired Navy, she always had long hair.

>>>>
Hey moron you might want to know that Sikhs don't cut their hair and wrap it up in their towels

hqdefault.jpg

Hey moron you might want to know that Sikhs don't cut their hair and wrap it up in their towels

No shit Sherlock.

Doesn't change the fact that women are allowed to have long hair already.

I dated a 2nd class in San Diego, when she let her hair down it went past her knees.

>>>

No shit Sherlock.

Doesn't change the fact that women are allowed to have long hair already.

I dated a 2nd class in San Diego, when she let her hair down it went past her knees.

>>>

But men aren't
IMO the women shouldn't be allowed special treatment either

Forum List

Back