US Army now lettiing Sikh soldiers wear beards and turbans

The propensity of most on the right to get upset over non-issues is ridiculous.

That most on the right attempt to contrive ‘controversies’ where none exist is idiotic.

And the bigotry exhibited toward Muslims by many on the right is reprehensible.
do you even know why we have a rule against beards?

and mulsims like to murder non-muslims, in brutal fashions.

You are an idiot....not even worth the key strokes.
beards do not allow for a proper seal during gas attacks or if a mask is needed in a fire.

your ignorance will cost people their lives. Vets will die b/c your to much of a retard to try to understand the rules and why they are there.
Considering that those who have the beards are probably not issued masks in the first place as they are in non-combatant positions, it doesn't really matter.
you never served or you would know how ignorant that is.

everyone must be combat ready, the level of readiness depends on location.

and really, a fire can occur anywhere

I think you're lying about getting a perfect seal on your mask. I've seen a few days stubble cause a mask not to seal.

E-2C-VAW-115-CV-41-USS-Midway-1981-1S.jpg

Think as you wish to be able to sleep at night.

During the early 80's I was a 2nd Class Aviation Electronics Technician and Naval Aircrewman assigned to VAW-115 flying E-2 Hawkeye aircraft permanently stationed in CAG-5 aboard the U.S.S. Midway homeported in Yokosuka Japan.

To be allowed to keep my beard I had to demonstrate the ability to get a good seal on masks as part of may annual NATOPS recertification. Of the 6 IFT/Radar Operators, 3 of us had beards.

So you can take "I think you're lying" and shove it up your ass.

BTW - Of the articles I've read about this Captains case, there are 50,000 Army personnel with permanent beard waivers.

>>>>

I think you're lying about getting a perfect seal on your mask. I've seen a few days stubble cause a mask not to seal.

During the early 80's I was a 2nd Class Aviation Electronics Technician and Naval Aircrewman assigned to VAW-115 flying E-2 Hawkeye aircraft permanently stationed in CAG-5 aboard the U.S.S. Midway homeported in Yokosuka Japan.

To be allowed to keep my beard I had to demonstrate the ability to get a good seal on masks as part of may annual NATOPS recertification. Of the 6 IFT/Radar Operators, 3 of us had beards.

BTW - Of the articles I've read about this Captains case, there are 50,000 Army personnel with permanent beard waivers.

>>>>

You can do the same with, "I wore a beard and got a good seal on my mask". Because, "I wore a beard and got a good seal", is a big-ass-lie.

I'm quite familiar with a, "shaving profile", and any soldier in my charge better be bleeding profusely when he shaved, or he was shit out of luck with a shaving profile.

Shaving profiles were only valid in garrison, too, BTW.

That most on the right attempt to contrive ‘controversies’ where none exist is idiotic.

beards do not allow for a proper seal during gas attacks or if a mask is needed in a fire.

your ignorance will cost people their lives. Vets will die b/c your to much of a retard to try to understand the rules and why they are there.
Considering that those who have the beards are probably not issued masks in the first place as they are in non-combatant positions, it doesn't really matter.

Eeryone in the Army is assigned a gas mask and trains on its use, regardless of MOS.

I know. You weren't a real soldier. I understand why you don't know why you're wrong.

1. How am I wrong about Navy grooming standard in the late 70's early 80's when beards were allowed?

2. I never claimed to be a soldier, I was a sailor. See I didn't qualify for the Army, my parents were married...

.............................................. To each other.

>>>>

Beards were allowed in the Navy during the early 80's. I know, because one of the requirements to be allowed to grow a beard was that you had to be an E-4 or higher in rank, and shortly after the cycle when I made PO3, the beards were taken away, but you could still grow a moustache.

And yeah, during that time I was in when beards were allowed, one of the requirements was that you had to demonstrate a good seal in your gear, otherwise you had to trim it down until you got one.

that you're full of shit?

No - stupid - it tells you that only cocksuckers (which, you are one of) and Muslims (who you adore) receive special compensation, which will both end when President Trump is inaugurated. So, enjoy giving your last few blow-jobs soonest. Just a tip.
Thanks.
lol. sorry. i meant that you're extremely full of shit

No, you're still not comprehending
Are you ok with English or shall I dumb ER down to jungle jive so you can understand?

Fucking dumb spear chucker

I know. You weren't a real soldier. I understand why you don't know why you're wrong.

1. How am I wrong about Navy grooming standard in the late 70's early 80's when beards were allowed?

2. I never claimed to be a soldier, I was a sailor. See I didn't qualify for the Army, my parents were married...

.............................................. To each other.

>>>>

I never said you were wrong about the Navy grooming standards. I said, you're lying about getting a good seal, in your mask, with a beard.

I tried to join the navy, but they wouldn't let me. I wasn't a pussy and didn't suck cock. And I absolutely refused to dress up like a girl.

that you're full of shit?

No - stupid - it tells you that only cocksuckers (which, you are one of) and Muslims (who you adore) receive special compensation, which will both end when President Trump is inaugurated. So, enjoy giving your last few blow-jobs soonest. Just a tip.
Thanks.
lol. sorry. i meant that you're extremely full of shit

No, you're still not comprehending
Are you ok with English or shall I dumb ER down to jungle jive so you can understand?

Fucking dumb spear chucker
no i comprehend just fine.

you're a racist homophobe posing as a veteran.

Hitler had a handle-bar mustache in WWI. His mask didn't adhere properly and he nearly died in a gas attack. That's why he wore that odd little mustache.

Hitler had a handle-bar mustache in WWI. His mask didn't adhere properly and he nearly died in a gas attack. That's why he wore that odd little mustache.
you got a link to that?

all I can find is that he was blinded by a gas attack, no details as to why.
and that a Brit had him in his sites but let him go b/c he was wounded.

you never served or you would know how ignorant that is.
I served for 27 years. Retired now for one. I know exactly what I'm talking about.

everyone must be combat ready, the level of readiness depends on location.
Right. That doesn't contradict anything I said. As CNN reported "While assigned or performing non-hazardous duties, you may wear a beard, turban, and uncut hair in a neat and conservative manner that presents a professional and well-groomed appearance" Sikh Army captain may wear beard, turban in uniform - CNN.com

and really, a fire can occur anywhere
Seriously? Are you saying soldier should carry their mask everywhere all the time in case of fire. I never carried my mask in Afghanistan...no one did.

Last edited:
They allow medical exemptions for beards, now they allow religious ones. This is what always happens when you make exceptions to the rules. Everybody says they're special.

Sikh-American Army Officer Wins Ability to Serve with Beard, Turban

april 1 2016 In a decision by the U.S. Army Thursday, Capt. Simratpal Singh, a decorated Sikh-American officer and combat veteran, has received a long-term religious accommodation to serve with long hair, a beard, and turban in accordance with his Sikh faith.

In March, a U.S. district judge issues a temporary restraining order against additional non-standard, discriminatory testing. According to The Sikh Coalition, which is representing Singh with The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty and the law firm of McDermott Will & Emery, Singh is the first Sikh American to receive religious accommodation while already actively serving in the U.S. Army.

Before 1974, Sikh Americans were allowed to serve in the U.S. military with their articles of faith intact. Since 1981, stricter grooming regulations have required requests for religious accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Until now, only three had been granted. Meanwhile, about 50,000 U.S. soldiers have permanent beard exemptions for medical reasons, according to Singh's team.

Sigh. Another uninformed thread where headlines tell little part of the real story.

There is one who wore his turban in WWI!

And, they've been wearing them for decades. Sheck out Sikhs in the United States military - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is truly sad how quickly simple threads turn into such childish name-calling events.

The "I said" no "You said" stupidity gets old.

Both mouslims and negro are good sometimes my old bosnian friends never visit my home even we are friends before. Only Abdul I dump in school after girl will that way and I listen her praying. Have one Christian friend to from Romania and he are only far away all time and come not to my home with he's friend from Bosnia. I hear on voices how are stupidfy far away so cannot visit my old friends just not Abdul only I never will after I dump him and he will catholic church again if I visit him this time. The church I never will after I hates Swedish God and Christ.

>>>>

I have a dear friend who served on Midway, retired, did Civil Service in Japan - retired again, and now lives in Sasebo. Last time I was in San Diego, I snapped a photo of the ship and sent it to him. I WESTPAC'd in 78 and have many fond memories of Yokosuka, the PI, Pearl, Korea, and all the other fun ports we hit. Great times. Then went east coast for rest of my career.

Forum List

Back