US Army now lettiing Sikh soldiers wear beards and turbans

I think you're lying about getting a perfect seal on your mask. I've seen a few days stubble cause a mask not to seal.

E-2C-VAW-115-CV-41-USS-Midway-1981-1S.jpg

Think as you wish to be able to sleep at night.

During the early 80's I was a 2nd Class Aviation Electronics Technician and Naval Aircrewman assigned to VAW-115 flying E-2 Hawkeye aircraft permanently stationed in CAG-5 aboard the U.S.S. Midway homeported in Yokosuka Japan.

To be allowed to keep my beard I had to demonstrate the ability to get a good seal on masks as part of may annual NATOPS recertification. Of the 6 IFT/Radar Operators, 3 of us had beards.

So you can take "I think you're lying" and shove it up your ass.

BTW - Of the articles I've read about this Captains case, there are 50,000 Army personnel with permanent beard waivers.

>>>>

I have a dear friend who served on Midway, retired, did Civil Service in Japan - retired again, and now lives in Sasebo. Last time I was in San Diego, I snapped a photo of the ship and sent it to him. I WESTPAC'd in 78 and have many fond memories of Yokosuka, the PI, Pearl, Korea, and all the other fun ports we hit. Great times. Then went east coast for rest of my career.

Getting out to San Diego and visiting the proud lady again is on my bucket list. I've got in-laws up in northern California and we'er now in Virginia, but next time we go out that way I want to swing south before coming home.

I really enjoyed my 20 years. But there is something special about being a 2nd Class on cruise. High enough to not catch many shit jobs, low enough where you don't catch a lot of shit as long as you have your act together.

>>>>

I think you're lying about getting a perfect seal on your mask. I've seen a few days stubble cause a mask not to seal.

During the early 80's I was a 2nd Class Aviation Electronics Technician and Naval Aircrewman assigned to VAW-115 flying E-2 Hawkeye aircraft permanently stationed in CAG-5 aboard the U.S.S. Midway homeported in Yokosuka Japan.

To be allowed to keep my beard I had to demonstrate the ability to get a good seal on masks as part of may annual NATOPS recertification. Of the 6 IFT/Radar Operators, 3 of us had beards.

BTW - Of the articles I've read about this Captains case, there are 50,000 Army personnel with permanent beard waivers.

>>>>

I have a dear friend who served on Midway, retired, did Civil Service in Japan - retired again, and now lives in Sasebo. Last time I was in San Diego, I snapped a photo of the ship and sent it to him. I WESTPAC'd in 78 and have many fond memories of Yokosuka, the PI, Pearl, Korea, and all the other fun ports we hit. Great times. Then went east coast for rest of my career.

Getting out to San Diego and visiting the proud lady again is on my bucket list. I've got in-laws up in northern California and we'er now in Virginia, but next time we go out that way I want to swing south before coming home.

I really enjoyed my 20 years. But there is something special about being a 2nd Class on cruise. High enough to not catch many shit jobs, low enough where you don't catch a lot of shit as long as you have your act together.

>>>>

Agreed. E-5 was probably the most fun rank that had the least amount of stress. One of the good things was that after I made E-5, I was no longer required to strip and wax the office, that was left to everyone else, because when I made E-5, my LPO made Chief, which made me the LPO for the office.

However, that changed for the worse when I went to independent duty on an MSC vessel, because I was the only one in the office, so had to take care of the field day myself as an E-6.

>>>>

>>>>

Agreed. E-5 was probably the most fun rank that had the least amount of stress. One of the good things was that after I made E-5, I was no longer required to strip and wax the office, that was left to everyone else, because when I made E-5, my LPO made Chief, which made me the LPO for the office.

However, that changed for the worse when I went to independent duty on an MSC vessel, because I was the only one in the office, so had to take care of the field day myself as an E-6.

Not only that, but you bent over nightly for the entire engineering department to fuck your gay ass

Faggot

Next they'll demand and be granted the privilege of killing American soldiers on the basis of religion.
:cuckoo:
I missed the Sikh part of the title. Regardless, once the precedent is set then muslim soldiers will expect the same treatment and my posts will both apply.

Muslims already serve and ALL Americans, of ALL faiths are guaranteed and should receive the exact same rights.

You anti-America RWNJ traitors are just going to have to deal with that cuz there ain't no way you will succeed in ending the US Constitution.

They allow medical exemptions for beards, now they allow religious ones. This is what always happens when you make exceptions to the rules. Everybody says they're special.

Sikh-American Army Officer Wins Ability to Serve with Beard, Turban

april 1 2016 In a decision by the U.S. Army Thursday, Capt. Simratpal Singh, a decorated Sikh-American officer and combat veteran, has received a long-term religious accommodation to serve with long hair, a beard, and turban in accordance with his Sikh faith.

In March, a U.S. district judge issues a temporary restraining order against additional non-standard, discriminatory testing. According to The Sikh Coalition, which is representing Singh with The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty and the law firm of McDermott Will & Emery, Singh is the first Sikh American to receive religious accommodation while already actively serving in the U.S. Army.

Before 1974, Sikh Americans were allowed to serve in the U.S. military with their articles of faith intact. Since 1981, stricter grooming regulations have required requests for religious accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Until now, only three had been granted. Meanwhile, about 50,000 U.S. soldiers have permanent beard exemptions for medical reasons, according to Singh's team.

You DO realize that Sikhs are not Muslim, right?

These are the fools who said they can tell who the terrorists are by their last names and want to vote for a dumdum who says he would keep terrorists out of the US by asking travelers.

Not the smartist racists in bedsheets.

>>>>

>>>>

Not only that, but you bent over nightly for the entire engineering department to fuck your gay ass

Faggot

Dang but you really are obsessed with
Gay sex. Get some counseling, leave your fantasies out of it and try to address the subject.

Do you believe that all Americans are guaranteed and should get the same rights?

Next they'll demand and be granted the privilege of killing American soldiers on the basis of religion.
I missed the Sikh part of the title. Regardless, once the precedent is set then muslim soldiers will expect the same treatment and my posts will both apply.

Muslims already serve and ALL Americans, of ALL faiths are guaranteed and should receive the exact same rights.

You anti-America RWNJ traitors are just going to have to deal with that cuz there ain't no way you will succeed in ending the US Constitution.
No anti-American right wing anything here. Stop being a left wing PC fascist.
Wearing a religious item that interferes with ability to perform duty should be prohibited regardless of faith. But a muslim might blow up his comrades if denied.

No anti-American right wing anything here. Stop being a left wing PC fascist.
Wearing a religious item that interferes with ability to perform duty should be prohibited regardless of faith. But a muslim might blow up his comrades if denied.

Or go on a shooting rampage to kill and injure fellow soldiers.

Oh, wait! Didn't that already happen? At least a couple of times?

They allow medical exemptions for beards, now they allow religious ones. This is what always happens when you make exceptions to the rules. Everybody says they're special.

Sikh-American Army Officer Wins Ability to Serve with Beard, Turban

april 1 2016 In a decision by the U.S. Army Thursday, Capt. Simratpal Singh, a decorated Sikh-American officer and combat veteran, has received a long-term religious accommodation to serve with long hair, a beard, and turban in accordance with his Sikh faith.

In March, a U.S. district judge issues a temporary restraining order against additional non-standard, discriminatory testing. According to The Sikh Coalition, which is representing Singh with The Becket Fund for Religious Liberty and the law firm of McDermott Will & Emery, Singh is the first Sikh American to receive religious accommodation while already actively serving in the U.S. Army.

Before 1974, Sikh Americans were allowed to serve in the U.S. military with their articles of faith intact. Since 1981, stricter grooming regulations have required requests for religious accommodation on a case-by-case basis. Until now, only three had been granted. Meanwhile, about 50,000 U.S. soldiers have permanent beard exemptions for medical reasons, according to Singh's team.
Sikhs have the reputation as some of the world's best fighters....and you want to be a pissant about beards?

"Sikhs have the reputation as some of the world's best fighters"

But Pingy said this on post 67:

"But...Sikhs were allowed to serve with beards and turbans from 1948-1984. There were no issues that I'm aware of and they were restricted to medical and clerical positions and not deployed forward."

Forum List

Back