US Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits

It is insane illegal aliens be allowed into the US armed forces. What next rapists? Is the army that hard up to get bodies?
Once they are sworn in, they are NOT illegal.

What is wrong with you people? These soldiers could be sent to fight for this country at any time. They earned a spot more than some white wingers who got here via dad's car's backseat.

When I was in the service in 1979, the battalion I was in had people from all over the world who were serving so they could become an American.

MAVNI didn't exist in 1979.. and you must be a legal immigrant to qualify for MAVNI.

Just go away already.

Guess he's not quite the genius he thinks he is. LOL

It is insane illegal aliens be allowed into the US armed forces. What next rapists? Is the army that hard up to get bodies?
Once they are sworn in, they are NOT illegal.

What is wrong with you people? These soldiers could be sent to fight for this country at any time. They earned a spot more than some white wingers who got here via dad's car's backseat.

When I was in the service in 1979, the battalion I was in had people from all over the world who were serving so they could become an American.

MAVNI didn't exist in 1979.. and you must be a legal immigrant to qualify for MAVNI.

Just go away already.

Guess he's not quite the genius he thinks he is. LOL

Not even close.

Not to mention MAVNI is closed indefinitely since 12/2016.. that's right, under Obama.

Hey! Guess what? The MAVNI program was suspended and is no longer applicable.

Yeah and? that doesn't change the fact that the enlistees referred to in the OP article are in under the MAVNI program.

I work for the Army Recruiting Command!
Bully for you, Then you should know that there are immigrants currently in the military that don't have green cards.

It was a total f-ing disaster and that is why the Army ended it.
It's suspended not ended and Mattis has indicated that he supports reinstating it once the background check process is retooled and the current crop of MAVNI recruits are run through the system.

So don't get too comfortable.

I have the Army manual that I work from every day. Have you read it?
Why the would I waste my time reading Army manuals? I moved on from the military decades ago; thanks for the college money and the VA loan.

The only people going to be put through this program are linguists! I'll bet you didn't know that, did you?
It's nice to see that you acknowledge that the MAVNI program is suspended not ended and that the possibility of re-instatement exists.

Illegals from Mexico unless they also speak Pashtun, Urdu, or Arabic need not apply should it ever be reopened.
Illegals aren't eligible for MAVNI, never have been.

It took 5 weeks to get my background check to work on unclassified materials, and I am a former member of the military and worked for the DoD.

How long do you think it will take to do a background check on Muhammed, the Afghani goat herder turned cab driver?
Don't know, don't care, I pay gub'mint drones to handle those details.

Resident aliens always have been, so why are you confusing the issue?

My manual says otherwise. Have a nice day! :D

Yeah and? that doesn't change the fact that the enlistees referred to in the OP article are in under the MAVNI program.

Bully for you, Then you should know that there are immigrants currently in the military that don't have green cards.

It's suspended not ended and Mattis has indicated that he supports reinstating it once the background check process is retooled and the current crop of MAVNI recruits are run through the system.

Why the would I waste my time reading Army manuals? I moved on from the military decades ago; thanks for the college money and the VA loan.

The only people going to be put through this program are linguists! I'll bet you didn't know that, did you?
It's nice to see that you acknowledge that the MAVNI program is suspended not ended and that the possibility of re-instatement exists.

Illegals from Mexico unless they also speak Pashtun, Urdu, or Arabic need not apply should it ever be reopened.

It took 5 weeks to get my background check to work on unclassified materials, and I am a former member of the military and worked for the DoD.

How long do you think it will take to do a background check on Muhammed, the Afghani goat herder turned cab driver?

You're the one that's confusing it by conflating MAVNI eligible legal resident aliens with illegal aliens, read your own post that I was responding too, carefully.

You're the one that's confusing it by conflating MAVNI eligible legal resident aliens with illegal aliens, read your own post that I was responding too, carefully.

Resident aliens have always been eligible. This was a citizenship program that bombed, big time! You are hopelessly confused.

They're not illegal. What's wrong with a path to citizenship through military service? I think a couple years of service should be mandatory for healthy military aged people trying to become citizens.
th

Ask Rome.

*****SMILE*****

:)

rome "drafted" their remote armes.

not the same.

th

Rome also hired out to a lot of mercs towards the end. Considering the pay our military receives compared to what other countries are willing to pay their military it would be a boom to any foreign national that wanted join. It'd be the same as hiring mercenaries if they're able to get into the US military.

*****SMILE*****

They're not illegal. What's wrong with a path to citizenship through military service? I think a couple years of service should be mandatory for healthy military aged people trying to become citizens.
th

Ask Rome.

*****SMILE*****

rome "drafted" their remote armes.

not the same.

th

Rome also hired out to a lot of mercs towards the end. Considering the pay our military receives compared to what other countries are willing to pay their military it would be a boom to any foreign national that wanted join. It'd be the same as hiring mercenaries if they're able to get into the US military.

*****SMILE*****

hired mercs - said "you're roman or die" to their families and took 'em. same thing i suppose.

we have mercs now but they're hardly our military and last i checked, we don't go into other countries and force them to fight for us.

terrorists can infiltrate the military easier this way
Ft Hood
Er..umm... yeah genius the Ft. Hood shooters Nadal Hassan (2009) and the Ivan Lopez (2014) were both born in the United States, which means neither one was an immigrant. :rolleyes:

...Camp Chapman attack--although not in the military, the CIA thought he was loyal to the US--but he wasn't
used this trust to gain access to the CIA base
What don't you understand about NOT a member of the U.S. Military and thus completely non sequitur to the topic of this thread?
sure, let these Afghanis/Saudis/MEasterners into the military so they can kill Americans like the Ft Hood jackass and the Chapman jackass
..you are a jackass who doesn't see the obvious connections

Ft Hood
Er..umm... yeah genius the Ft. Hood shooters Nadal Hassan (2009) and the Ivan Lopez (2014) were both born in the United States, which means neither one was an immigrant. :rolleyes:

...Camp Chapman attack--although not in the military, the CIA thought he was loyal to the US--but he wasn't
What don't you understand about NOT a member of the U.S. Military and thus completely non sequitur to the topic of this thread?
that's what people said about letting foreigners fly airplanes
then we have 9-11
real smart--!! LET them in to kill us ---real smart

Last edited:
Ft Hood

and to RightWInger:
Here, I think the signature attack that we're beginning to see the-- is going to be the insider attack
"Insider attacks" kill U.S. troops in Afghanistan - CBS News
An American official said the soldiers were shot in an apparent insider attack,
Afghan soldier kills 3 US soldiers, US official says - CNNPolitics
7 U.S. Soldiers Wounded in Insider Attack in Afghanistan
Multiple US Soldiers wounded, not killed in a suspected insider attack in Afghanistan | SOFREP

I can understand legal immigrants being allowed into the military, however illegal immigrants is a totally different story. No way should an illegal immigrant be allowed to serve in our military,
Why?
Seriously?
You have to ask?
If they are here illegally they have no respect for our laws, and you want to put them in the military and tran them to kill? WTF kind of moron are you?

If this is happening, I think that it's a shame and that it should stop--again, if it is happening. People who want to earn citizenship by serving in our military are just the kind of people we should want.

Just another in an endless series of loopholes by which outsiders can pull an end-run around our immigration laws... dump the program.

Two words.....Fort Hood. You don't give MS-13 access to a base armory.

Base Armory?(singular)

Do you have any idea how many armories are on that base?

You obviously don't understand plain English. Do you know what an armory is? Do you know how an armory is compromised? Do you know where you are at the moment?

My daughter's company has their own armory as do every company in every squadron in her regiment. That's about twenty in just her unit. There is no "base" armory.

Right now I am at work on a dinner break on an Army post. What is your point?

There is no onus on the military's internal operations to be PC, equal opportunity or offer any semblance of 'civilianesque' employee rights, lol.

Last edited:
Thoughts on this? I personally like the idea of people becoming citizens through military service. Hopefully this is not what it looks like.

AP NewsBreak: US Army quietly discharging immigrant recruits

Some immigrant U.S. Army reservists and recruits who enlisted in the military with a promised path to citizenship are being abruptly discharged, the Associated Press has learned.

The AP was unable to quantify how many men and women who enlisted through the special recruitment program have been booted from the Army, but immigration attorneys say they know of more than 40 who have been discharged or whose status has become questionable, jeopardizing their futures.

“It was my dream to serve in the military,” said reservist Lucas Calixto, a Brazilian immigrant who filed a lawsuit against the Army last week. “Since this country has been so good to me, I thought it was the least I could do to give back to my adopted country and serve in the United States military.”

It is not what it looks like... the truth is coming out...

‘Army Discharging Immigrants’ Story May Not Be The Outrage It’s Cracked Up To Be

Ilegal aliens can't serve in the military. Nothing in the linked article suggested that they could.

Tighten up kid, look at some real news for a change.

Forum List

Back