🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US bullies UN over breastfeeding initiative

Today's butthurt Democrat faux outrage. This one's just plain hilarious. What a buncha nutters. :rofl:
Rather than piling on, could you please write a defense of the U.S. position? Why pick a fight over breastfeeding? What's the virtue of being against breastfeeding?
Under Capitalism, we can assume it must be about a Profit Motive not a Social Motive.

Get some freaking balls for God's sake lefties. Do you enjoy playing the victim? The U.N. aka the bar scene from Star Wars has been extorting and bullying the U.S. since timid Harry Truman was president. Isn't it refreshing to see the U.S. "bully" the U.N. for a change even if the incident was invented by CNN fake news?
Why does Trump fight against breast feeding?

Jealous?
"Trump, Trade Wars R' Us"?

When I had my first child I was anemic and my kidlet was underweight - my doc told me I should use formula because that was the better choice for my kido.

When I had my second child everything went fine with the pregnancy - my doc said I should breast feed because that was the better choice for my kido.

When I was born to my mother everything went fine with the pregnancy but my mother smoked and was a career mom - doc said she should do both, give me x amount of breast milk at night and supplement with formula when she was working.

Was the same doctor in all three cases.

I can easily see the argument of malnutrition and not being able to properly nourish a baby - because I was put on a strict diet with the second so I could breastfeed. Something poor folks in the third world may not be able to do. The formula companies were probably offering the formula for free to try to help, not to get them fucking hooked or some drug fantasy like that. No good deed goes unpunished by the left though...

In any event why does the UN feel it needs to be involved in the personal health choices of a mother? It's none of the UN's damned business...
Where is the UN when an eight year old is gang raped, tortured and murdered? They pass any resolutions on that?

In any event why does the UN feel it needs to be involved in the personal health choices of a mother? It's none of the UN's damned business...
I understand the WHA (UN) with Equador sponsoring the bill, was simply indicating that it would be best to breastfeed, in case young uneducated moms may be suckered by formula businesses.
It is the UN’s business to assist people with facts, diplomacy, and peace missions.

Another puppy that can’t take what they dish out!

Stay on the porch if you can’t run with the big dogs

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

We can do this all day long, but it's boring and you won't get anywhere. You still need to meet real people so you can stop believing cartoons.

This is funny coming from a cartoon. Poor little Lib can’t take what they dish out

What's really funny is you called me a lib. I think that's a first.

I just speak the facts

You're the first and only so far who thinks that's a fact.

I am not surprised, most of the folks on here that think they are conservatives support neither smaller government nor more personal freedoms

I understand the WHA (UN) with Equador sponsoring the bill, was simply indicating that it would be best to breastfeed, in case young uneducated moms may be suckered by formula businesses.
It is the UN’s business to assist people with facts, diplomacy, and peace missions.

RE the UN formation: During World War II, a group of 26 nations gathered together to sign the original Declaration of United Nations, in which each individual nation pledged to continue fighting the Axis powers and refuse to negotiate a separate peace with them. Following the war, a conference was held in San Francisco and representatives from 50 different nations attended. At this conference, the United Nations charter was officially ratified.

Peacekeeping is the primary concern of the United Nations. The organization helps negotiate peace treaties and supports the efforts of countries as they move towards democracy. On occasion, the United Nations dispatches soldiers to help with peacekeeping missions. The United Nations also seeks to promote human rights in all countries and strives to prevent the discrimination against and mistreatment of minorities across the globe. Other duties of the United Nations include providing humanitarian aid when necessary, such as organizing the drop-off of food and basic supplies in countries devastated by war and natural disasters.

-- Either way, I disagree that it is "always better" for a mother to breastfeed because it's not always best for the kid. I also disagree that the UN needs to be involved in this matter. ~shrug~

No it's not . That is nanny-state nonsense. It is the government of Ecuador's responsibility to protect their people according to the laws of that country.

When I had my first child I was anemic and my kidlet was underweight - my doc told me I should use formula because that was the better choice for my kido.

When I had my second child everything went fine with the pregnancy - my doc said I should breast feed because that was the better choice for my kido.

When I was born to my mother everything went fine with the pregnancy but my mother smoked and was a career mom - doc said she should do both, give me x amount of breast milk at night and supplement with formula when she was working.

I can easily see the argument of malnutrition and not being able to properly nourish a baby - because I was put on a strict diet with the second so I could breastfeed. Something poor folks in the third world may not be able to do. The formula companies were probably offering the formula for free to try to help, not to get them fucking hooked or some drug fantasy like that. No good deed goes unpunished by the left though...

Where is the UN when an eight year old is gang raped, tortured and murdered? They pass any resolutions on that?

(Didn't watch video cause I'm busy) However, it if was a Muslim they're a "protected class" and therefore are immune to all guilt due to "cultural differences."

That’s who is running the UN too.

(Didn't watch video cause I'm busy) However, it if was a Muslim they're a "protected class" and therefore are immune to all guilt due to "cultural differences."

That’s who is running the UN too.

hmmm I've heard something along these lines before, something about a bunch of them being Muslim protectionists (aka defending known terrorists simply because they are Muslim) - I'm not entirely sure if I write that up to the UN's "attempt to avoid war" or some form of idk "corruption" of the UN's founding principles though. I really haven't done the research into it I probably should before discussing it though.

Battle of the bottle in developing countries - The Nutrition Press

There has long been concern that the unethical marketing and promotion activities (using images like the one above) of some infant formula companies has led to a notable decrease in breastfeeding rates in developing countries. This has corresponded to a surge in infant formula use, often unnecessarily and with serious consequences. Data suggests that as of 2015, only 39% of children aged less than 6 months in developing nations were exclusively breastfed, which has only marginally increased from 33% in 1995.[1]

Risks of formula feeding in developing countries
Although infant formula is nutritionally inferior to breast milk, it is relatively safe when prepared correctly. However, various factors in developing countries contribute to a higher risk of illness and death from formula feeding.

Firstly, infant formula is expensive, which puts extra financial strain on disadvantaged families. Mothers may over-dilute formula to make the tin last longer, causing unintentional malnutrition. This can be exacerbated by unclear instructions, often in an unfamiliar language.

Secondly, formula doesn’t contain antibodies like breastmilk and therefore doesn’t offer the same immunological protection for the infant.[4] Formula-fed babies are therefore at higher risk of communicable diseases, which are more prevalent in developing countries.[5]

Thirdly, formula feeding in developing countries introduces many practical challenges. Formula must be available in sufficient quantities, mixed with sterile water, and prepared using utensils and stored in bottles that are adequately cleaned and kept in a sterile environment.

Improper Formula Feeding Spreads Malnutrition, Death in Third World : Babies: More than 1.5 million die each year because of campaigns that discourage mothers from nursing, health officials say.
Indiscriminate dumping of large quantities of free or cut-rate powdered baby foods has been an ongoing disaster for babies in the developing world, where many families live without electricity, clean water and refrigeration to easily sanitize and preserve formula. Abidjan is one of the continent's most modern cities, with skyscrapers and six-lane highways, but 30% of the population does not have running water at home.

Improperly prepared, mixed with dirty water or over-diluted, formula-feeding can lead to malnutrition, diarrhea, dehydration and death.

Babies in the Third World fed exclusively on infant formula are 16 times more likely to die in infancy than babies fed only breast milk, said Dr. Mark Belsey, head of the World Health Organization's Maternal and Child Health Division.

pixel.gif

Those fed a mixture of formula and breast milk are four times more likely to die than babies fed breast milk alone.

it seems like a simple resolution endorsing breastfeeding as a healthy choice for infants......but not in a Trump America

NYT: US threatened nations over breastfeeding resolution - CNNPolitics

The US delegation threatened retribution on trade and military aid to Ecuador to get the nation to drop the resolution, according to the Times, and said at least a dozen countries also avoided the resolution out of fear of the US. Members of the delegation also suggested cutting US funding for the World Health Organization.
Eventually, Russia introduced the resolution

What has the UN done for US lately outside of wagging fingers and protecting corrupt regimes with no regard for human rights?

Sorry if I don't get too excited about this issue. There are far more important things in this world other than breastfeeding.
If this is what the UN thinks IS important then we are in a world of hurt with them and should just pull out of it and
save some denaro.

it seems like a simple resolution endorsing breastfeeding as a healthy choice for infants......but not in a Trump America

NYT: US threatened nations over breastfeeding resolution - CNNPolitics

The US delegation threatened retribution on trade and military aid to Ecuador to get the nation to drop the resolution, according to the Times, and said at least a dozen countries also avoided the resolution out of fear of the US. Members of the delegation also suggested cutting US funding for the World Health Organization.
Eventually, Russia introduced the resolution
/-----/ Do you actually read the stories you link to or just go by the headline?
President Donald Trump lashed out at the report in a tweet on Monday, saying the US does support breastfeeding.
"The failing NY Times Fake News story today about breast feeding must be called out. The U.S. strongly supports breast feeding but we don't believe women should be denied access to formula. Many women need this option because of malnutrition and poverty," Trump wrote.

Sorry if I don't get too excited about this issue. There are far more important things in this world other than breastfeeding.
If this is what the UN thinks IS important then we are in a world of hurt with them and should just pull out of it and
save some denaro.

Are you really this stupid? This is a massively important issue affecting 2/3 of the world’s population.

Nestles, and other formula manufacturers are losing business in the west as women return to breast feeding babies, but Third World countries are virtually an untapped market for them. Added to which, it’s virtually unregulated. This is a multi-billion dollar per year business.

This is killing babies around the world in “shithole countries” for profit.

This is the government of Donald J. Trump.

save some denaro.

Are you really this stupid? This is a massively important issue affecting 2/3 of the world’s population.

Nestles, and other formula manufacturers are losing business in the west as women return to breast feeding babies, but Third World countries are virtually an untapped market for them. Added to which, it’s virtually unregulated. This is a multi-billion dollar per year business.

Again, there are far more important issues for the UN to resolve than this.
Also, I really do think we should leave this dictator infested organization that seems
to always have their hands held out for the US dollar. Maybe if they weren't so corrupt
they wouldn't have the issues that they have.
Now, go pound sand, okay?

save some denaro.

Again, there are far more important issues for the UN to resolve than this.
Also, I really do think we should leave this dictator infested organization that seems
to always have their hands held out for the US dollar. Maybe if they weren't so corrupt
they wouldn't have the issues that they have.
Now, go pound sand, okay?

Yes, any issues involving women and children are irrelevant. Women and children have been hearing that for hundreds of years. Politics, business and wars are all that matters.

Forum List

Back