🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

US Government to Kids: No S'mores Around the Camp Fire

This is REALLY something to cry about, a healthy SUGGESTION when our Country is comprised of absurdly fat fucks.

What I eat or what I feed my kid is none of the government's business.

I am going to try this.

I will ask you an honest question based on what you have posted here.

Are you ready?

If a law was proposed that banned s'mores, do you think liberals, in general, would support it?

Yes, I think many of you would considering that many of you supported Bloomberg's attempt to ban the Big Gulp in New York City.

This is REALLY something to cry about, a healthy SUGGESTION when our Country is comprised of absurdly fat fucks.

Theyre not making it their business.

Its basically a random person who was put into a leadership position making an innocent suggestion.

Cry if its legislated, dont huff puff about frivilous nothingness, thats when it becomes absurd.

When ppl like Kennedy say some shit like ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country, is he invading your privacy or something by positing sage advice in a public position?

Much ado about nothing.

I am going to try this.

I will ask you an honest question based on what you have posted here.

Are you ready?

If a law was proposed that banned s'mores, do you think liberals, in general, would support it?

Yes, I think many of you would considering that many of you supported Bloomberg's attempt to ban the Big Gulp in New York City.

The dreaded "many"!

Name names. Who among USMB liberals do you think would support a fucking ban on s'mores?

Come on......names.

While you are at it.....name those liberals here who supported Bloomberg's ban on big sodas.

Its basically a random person who was put into a leadership position making an innocent suggestion.

Cry if its legislated, dont huff puff about frivilous nothingness, thats when it becomes absurd.

When ppl like Kennedy say some shit like ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country, is he invading your privacy or something by positing sage advice in a public position?

Much ado about nothing.

I don't feel it's their business to even be making the suggestion in the first place and as another poster pointed out, these "suggestions" have a tendency to make their way into law, as we've seen in New York City, for example, with the attempted large soda bans.

Frankly, it's not so much what kids are eating that's causing the real obesity problem anyway, in my opinion; it's the lack of physical activity they engage in today.

Is every suggestion about every ideal on how to live by a public figure now out of.bounds somehow?

Hulk hogan shoulda never said eat your vitamins? Where does this lone of absurdity get drawn?

Its a legit concern when its legislated. Not when its an offered suggestion. ANd ESPECIALLY since many parents are seemingly in the dark in regard to health which in turn is a Nation wide concern, not an isolated one.

Much ado about nothing.

I don't feel it's their business to even be making the suggestion in the first place and as another poster pointed out, these "suggestions" have a tendency to make their way into law, as we've seen in New York City, for example, with the attempted large soda bans.

Frankly, it's not so much what kids are eating that's causing the real obesity problem anyway, in my opinion; it's the lack of physical activity they engage in today.
You cant look at the fast food boom and honestly believe that its not a dietary concern as well, thats ridiculous man.

Also, making the suggestion os innocent of legislating, so its an invasion of NOONES business. Zero pples business was "invaded," thats just an overreaction.

I can understand why youd be peeved bc of the legislation that invades your business, but that doesnt make it a correct reaction to a simple and positive suggestion. Thats not rational.

Elections have consequences. Liberals in Washington now want to take s'mores away from kids camping. Fucking ridiculous.
Is nothing sacred Forest Service says drop chocolate add fruit to your s mores Fox News
DID YOU read the blog from the forest service that Fox has chosen to falsely depict in their article?

Read it....fox has the link in your article link for the blog....or better yet, here it is:

USDA Blog US Forest Service Asks How Does Your Marshmallow Roast

They have some pretty darn good recipes and alternatives that could make life more interesting, especially if you want to cut down on your own calories but still want to enjoy the campfire experience of roasted marshmallows....

The whole blog article is very interesting and chock full of great advice from how to safely burn a fire at a camp ground, to alternative marshmallow recipes....yummy!!!

Taz they arent even talking to you anyhow. Youre a smart young man, youre likely already aware of a good balanced diet for your kids to the point where smores are no big deal rlly to indulge in.

This is moreso advice for the oblivious ppl who actually have cake for breakfast, daily.....and its appropriate as JUST a suggestion.

Like this recipe idea, it sounds GREAT to me...kind of like fondu only using a marshmallow dip over the fruit and then roasting it over the fire until golden brown! Can you say...YUMMY?

Another way to limit the amount of marshmallows used is to substitute them with marshmallow crème, a spreadable version of marshmallows that helps you more easily regulate portion. For healthier treats, use large strawberries, apple slices, banana chucks, pineapple or other fruit. Put a piece of fruit on a roasting stick, dip quickly in the crème and roast over indirect heat until a delicious golden brown.

Smores are smores though, we dont need to change them. They rock. Still not mad at sage advice that doesnt even pertain though.

*shrug*

Member the sandlot?

Smore what?

We have to eliminate some of these government agencies

Here they are suppose to be taking care of our forest instead they are giving out health advice and recipes

too much of these people butting in our lives with stupid stuff like this

Bloomingidiot want to ban the size of your SODA CUPS

When is going to be enough?

We have to eliminate some of these government agencies

Here they are suppose to be taking care of our forest instead they are giving out health advice and recipes

too much of these people butting in our lives with stupid stuff like this

Bloomingidiot want to ban the size of your SODA CUPS

When is going to be enough?
Is it.incredible to you that they can do BOTH!!

ITS LIKE MAGIC STEPH!!

How long you suppose it took to write the advice? 6months? A year??

Stop LOOKING for shit to cry about. Youll NEVER be happy.

That advice is nunnamybusiness oh noes

Much ado about nothing.

False. While exercise helps burn cals, kids -- people -- today who are overweight/obese are that way because they consume too many calories. If they went out and ran around for an hour and came in and consumed too many cals, they'll still be fat.

Weight loss happens in the kitchen; fitness happens in the gym.

Overall health/weightloss, to toot my own horn as a trainer-on-the-side, in order of importance is 75% diet 25% exercise. Of course, fluctuating metabolisms change that so its generally speaking.

Smores are smores though, we dont need to change them. They rock. Still not mad at sage advice that doesnt even pertain though.

*shrug*

Member the sandlot?

Smore what?
Yes, the sand lot! :)

Ham Porter: Hey, Smalls, you wanna s'more?

Smalls: Some more of what?

Ham Porter: No, do you wanna s'more?

Smalls: I haven't had anything yet, so how can I have some more of nothing?

Ham Porter: You're killing me Smalls! These are s'more's stuff! Ok, pay attention. First you take the graham, you stick the chocolate on the graham. Then you roast the 'mallow. When the 'mallows flaming... you stick it on the chocolate. Then cover with the other end. Then you scarf. Kind of messy, but good! Try some!

I loved smores as a child...it was a once a year camping event and wouldn't replace the chocolate for anything in the world! But now that I am getting up there in age, some of these alternative recipes sound delicious and still fulfilling the sweet tooth need!

No one was telling anyone that they could not have the basic s'more, it was for those of us that may need to cut down on their own calories or cut down on their children's calories.... or want to have that camp fire/ camping experience for all 7 nights of their camping trip, and want and need to change things up....

And if a child has never had a s'more in their life before, for a new family, there is no reason that graham crackers with grilled pineapple or ripe sweet strawberry, and roasted gooey marshmallow sandwiched between them could not be a s'mores to them, with the same satisfying and bonding experience....?

USMB nutters have become irrationally sensitive to anyone in government doing anything.

When a simple concept like "smaller government" is put in the face of simpleton on a daily basis, the simpleton will absorb the concept. Once absorbed........the simpleton seeks out opportunities to express it.

Death before Smores dishonor !
wink_smile.gif

Forum List

Back